Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

I think it's nice to get plain versions of the pieces, that way you wouldn't make a purist comic Panther or Shuri

I still think that the glowing suit should have been purple, but it still looks awesome. I can see people using the head and a Ultron Sentry torso/legs to make the ultimate purist Savitar

Am I the only who gets really annoyed when they don't do leg printing, its 2017 not 2010, lego should really be giving leg printing to minifigs in general nowadays. especially in marvel movie waves, lets hope they all go out in infinity war sets. 

Just now, Nuns In Crocs said:

Am I the only who gets really annoyed when they don't do leg printing, its 2017 not 2010, lego should really be giving leg printing to minifigs in general nowadays. especially in marvel movie waves, lets hope they all go out in infinity war sets. 

They should bring up the game. It's not like they will do it in every 2017-2018 minifigure. But if it's needed they should do it. Black Panther is a must, in my opinion. 

Damn those figures are bad. I like Killmonger'a fig though. Maybe the torso of the "regular" Black Panther is good for a purist comicbook version?

I'm not questioning the legitimacy of @agoodfella77

but are we sure that these are official figs and not just customs? Alot of these days like TLBM characters gets a custom printed with lego parts.

2/10 Thor: Ragnarok figures had no leg printing

10/10 of those figures were real

Not everyone can have leg printing

I'm not saying because they have no leg printings.

What made me believe that this things are real is because before any other news @agoodfella77 already said he was shown these figs and was able to score some.

Then Funko pop shows their Black Panther collection and based on that these are pretty accurate.

Really disappointed with no leg print on BP minifigures! It's hard to believe that 2018 minifigures can be less detailed then 2015 ones. Lego has been making a lot of under detailed Marvel minifigures lately. I can understand why they rarely do arm prints but leg prints are a must! I'm now afraid IW minifigures will be just as lackluster, hope I'm wrong though.

If you check the comments on the pic, he addresses this. He says the he believes they are official, and if they aren't, it's the first time his source has let him down. Something to that effect.

Even worse than no leg printing is not printing on the ear piece. It looks like the have black donuts on their heads.. :sick:

A wiseman once said there are no guarantees in life but Death and Taxes. I'm not in the business of gauranteeing anything. Here's what I do know. My source says they are legit, has handled them and they are now on their way to me and I will have a chance to inspect them myself. He is a solid source and has not been wrong before. Btw, the Goliath fig is also coming in my shipment among other other items. 

Finally, as a customizer myself I can tell you, if they are indeed "fake" one has to ask the simple question "why is there no marketing of this product"? I can tell you that pad printing not just one but 3 figures on genuine Lego parts is no joke -- i.e. that's a lot of capital upfront. For those who follow the custom market, almost every premium pad print customizer markets and pre-sells their figures months in advance in order to secure enough sales to cover costs and ideally to make a profit. 

So let's put 2 and 2 together. These are "real" figs (i.e not renders) professionally pad printed on Lego parts. If they are truly customs, these designs would have been completed and printed at least a couple of months ago (if not more). Who would this mysterious custom maker be? How did they get their hands on designs months in advance that clearly are in line with other official merch which has been released. And the final smoking gun, why aren't they actively selling this in the market? For phantom Internet glory points?? ?

I think I know most of the premium pad print customizers and no one can answer these questions in a way that any reasonable person would conclude anything other than that these must be real (for better or worse). Occam's Razor. 

Any other explanation doesn't add up.

Edited by agoodfella77

Underwhelmed by the pics of black panther. I wasn’t expecting much, but like everybody else also stated: where is the printing?

Can’t we make a petition where we can ask lego to fire the guy/lady who works there and is in charge of printing?

C’mon lego, even cheap megablocks bootlegfigs have printing almost everywhere. 

Anyway, not really interested in mcu material, but they need to step up their printing for marvel and star wars

Well, we have pictures of our first official Black panther 2018 set. It’s a polybag of one of the flying transports/cars from Wakanda. I suppose this means we’re definitely getting one of the flying cars in the actual wide release?

3 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Well, we have pictures of our first official Black panther 2018 set. It’s a polybag of one of the flying transports/cars from Wakanda. I suppose this means we’re definitely getting one of the flying cars in the actual wide release?

Absolutely! It's a small representation of what's coming. I cannot wait to see it! Also the rest of the figs.

I don't know if we actually know this, but there are 7 Infinity War sets. 6 regulars, 1 D2C

43 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I will post this here too but more black panther figures leaked. A lady with a new hair peice and killomonger with the mask 

These are hard to find.

1 minute ago, AmericaLego said:

These are hard to find.

They are on brotherfromanotherbricks instagram

Edited by Falconfan1414

That girl is Lupita's character Nakia. It's nice to see more hairpieces for POC, but if you look at her character from the movie (below on the left), they really half-bricked it. She really needed arm and leg printing. Wth, Lego? Not even a mid skirt piece? Maybe it's just an incomplete figure, because black legs make no sense based on what we've seen, but Lego has also become so lazy with licensed printing lately, that I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is all that there is.

landscape-1504787035-black-panther-movie

Just now, Ultron said:

That girl is Lupita's character Nakia. It's nice to see more hairpieces for POC, but if you look at her character from the movie (below on the left), they really half-bricked it. She really needed arm and leg printing. Wth, Lego? Not even a mid skirt piece? Maybe it's just an incomplete figure, because black legs make no sense based on what we've seen, but Lego has also become so lazy with licensed printing lately, that I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is all that there is.

landscape-1504787035-black-panther-movie

Look on the bright side, she has great new hair, a reusable POC headpiece, and killmonger has printed legs

I don’t think Kilmonger looks as cool in Lego as he does on screen. I’m a little surprised, as I loved He design and thought it would translate well. It’s just a little dull. Nakia is good, I love the hairpiece. I suppose I’ll have to wait for official pictures to judge, the accessories always add a little something.

edit: I take some of that back. I can see where the (hopefully) gold accents are on his torso. These definitely seem appealing, I like him more now.

Edited by Aegis2000