Hi everyone,

I'm new to these kind of forums and i recently got back starting to build again.

I've always liked off road vehicles and i thought i'm going to build one.

My idea is to build a Jeep TJ Wrangler with locking differentials, high and low range gearbox and a 3-link suspension setup.

I'll post some pictures later today so you guys can see it and the progress and maybe get some tips from you.

Cheers

Here is the promised picture of the chassis.

I'm trying to make it as real as possible, like the 3 link suspension and the swaybars.

It is still in the early stages but so far i'm pretty happy with the result.

Looking good. Are those third party springs?

They look like small shock absorbers fitted with springs from a larger ones.

They are indeed the small shocks with the spring from the larger one.

I wanted to go with de small soft shocks, but i do not have those, and now the shocks look a bit like a coil over shock.

The only issue i have is that there isnt much flex in the suspension, because the shocks are so short, so maybe ill put on the larger ones.

here is another picture from the underside of the jeep

Little view at the front suspension

@black-build maybe i will, but then i'm thinking about ditching the high and low range, or just make seperate gearboxes. I will try to make something tonight and also update the chassis and suspension

Is the anti-roll helping you out in anyway? If you're trying to make realistic, then good job, but your crawling capabilities have lowered.

@epic technic for now they are doing ok, because the suspension doesn't have much travel. But i want to upgrade to the larger shocks and use a 9l axle so it is less stiff. I'm also thinking to make a system to disable and connect the swaybars, but at the moment i do not have the parts to do that but i'll make an LDD drawing to show my idea.

Quick update, the body style has changed a bit from a jeep to a landrover. this is the first version of the body, still need some changes but that will come