wooootles

MOC: Octan One LMP Race Car

I think it's time for me to start posting some finished LEGO work again, it's been a while :classic:

Here's my latest creation - an LMP-style race car. Inspired by both the 60053 (which I found too stubby) and the upcoming Speed Champions line. It can sit minifigs upright. Since I'll probably buy some of the Speed Champions stuff I am contemplating moving my future car MOCs to full 6-wide body, as well.

16300781569_c06670d349.jpg

16461064266_fee1b1211d.jpg

16486083602_90bc4f0ae2.jpg

Also, it started off in LDD. Here's my POV-Ray render (and my current wallpaper)

16299458898_8b1ea74b27.jpg

Here's the whole album with the full-size images! https://www.flickr.c...57650317055727/

Thanks for looking! I am looking for other CITY/Friends cars to modify. I gotta get my feet warm again before I post some of my bigger stuff!

Looks like something that'd fit in the 2007 season. Looks like what an LMP1 is if someone decided to go coupe and fight the open-top Audis.

Slick stuff.

Thanks all! 'Appreciate the comments.

Looks like something that'd fit in the 2007 season. Looks like what an LMP1 is if someone decided to go coupe and fight the open-top Audis.

Slick stuff.

I do like the Peugeots and closed cockpit prototypes before they had the massive vertical stabilizers :sweet:

Thanks guys, this was a fun build, too. I just want to create more competition for the Speed Champions, that's all :laugh:

Don't worry. After Le Mans 2015 is over, TLG might just drop some of the Le Mans sets... at least from the Volkswagen-Audi Group. That much is certain.

Makes me now think if all-new PF stuff like REAL WORKING RC KERS will show up if ever the prototypes get UCS versions.

Awesome MOC wooootles! I was excited for the LEGO version, but this one is much better, love the rear diffuser. I would like to add a few more LMP cars to go with the set :classic:

A good, more realistic update of 60053, adding much more detail without a notable increase in size. One change I would make, though; on an LMP (Le-Mans Prototype) car, the headlights should be white. Yellow headlights are used on the slower GT cars, allowing the drivers and officials to tell the difference during a race. The Speed Champions sportscars are all GTs, while 60053 itself appears to be a compromise, with both types of light!

Thanks all!

A good, more realistic update of 60053, adding much more detail without a notable increase in size. One change I would make, though; on an LMP (Le-Mans Prototype) car, the headlights should be white. Yellow headlights are used on the slower GT cars, allowing the drivers and officials to tell the difference during a race. The Speed Champions sportscars are all GTs, while 60053 itself appears to be a compromise, with both types of light!

See, I did not know that. Thanks! :classic: 1x1 trans-clear tiles are scarce in my inventory at the moment, but when I find 'em I'll change them!

Thanks for looking! As far as headlights, that's actually not connected to the flat 1x2 tile below; there's a 87087 1x1 snot brick to which it's connected to. (the only stud you see in the front hood of the car!) And of course, 1-2/3 brick height is equal to 2 studs in length, hence it sits flush.

Awesome little build, if you still remember, did you need a lot of extra pieces on top of 60053? I might mod mine.

Aside from the few key elements like wheels, chassis, windshields etc... and the wing assembly it's pretty much a brand new build.