Sign in to follow this  
Spader

Tension is sparked

Lydia and I had traveled far, finally reaching the Council of Jarls, which was held in Arkadia, a small Viking town. The council was a needed event, because the Viking villages weren't very tactful in their dealings. Thus, a joint council was held every 6 months. Jarl Arian, and Wulf were here, not 200 feet from the gate.....but then Lydia found her father.

16479367715_e34d173166.jpg

Ragnar Redbrook, Jarl of Lydia's home village of Redwood, was there. And so was her father, chained to Ragnar.

"So this is your daughter, Mikhail," Ragnar sneered. "I bet she can't wait to see you die. Because that's what I have planned for you," Ragnar continued, an evil glint in his eye. I didn't doubt for a second that he was capable of it. Ragnar was known for his bloody ways, and wasn't exactly popular. But he was dangerous, and that kept him Jarl.

16291662718_0f4dcb2125.jpg

Lydia was scared, I could tell. But she drew her bow, ready to avenge her father, should Ragnar kill him. I, too, had no wish to see a murder, but Ragnar was a very skilled warrior, and I knew I couldn't beat him. But then the tide turned.

16478401642_56a720b4ab.jpg

Jarl Arian, Jarl of Skaljarik, and Wulf Stormbreaker, Captain of the Voyageur, burst out the gate. Arian was armed with his sword, and the Shield of his town. I could tell Arian was angry, and wise men stayed away from Jarl Arian when he was angry.

15856837274_33e0e0e7cf.jpg

"Let the man go, Ragnar Redbrook," Jarl Arian bellowed. "Or I will personally separate your head from your body!"

Well, I though, there goes negotiation. But I knew why Arian was this angry. Ragnar had killed one of Arian's friends, and Arian hadn't forgotten. Simply put, nether of these men were people you wanted as enemies.

16477626341_f4a600f58c.jpg

Lydia had an arrow notched. An then it dawned on me what she was going to try. She was going to try and hit Ragnar in the hand. She was an excellent shot, so I didn't think she would miss.

16479374075_cde050eb72.jpg

But she did miss, a centimeter to the left. Instead of getting Ragnar in the hand, it shot him in the heart. For one second, everyone fell silent.

15856842574_a11fbcd964.jpg

Then Olaf, Lydia's father, rushed to her.

"Thank goodness you're alive," they told each other.

16453370736_ebc9ff0574.jpg

Meanwhile, I moved to speak with Jarl Arian, and Wulf.

"You preformed well," Arian told me.

"I didn't do anything," I replied.

"No, Logan, you did. You accompanied one of our kin, even though you didn't have to. I appreciate that."

Well, I didn't see it that way, but it never hurt to have Jarl Arian's appreciation.

15859266263_ca18ff093d.jpg

"As for you, young lady," Arian continued. "You saved my cleaning my sword."

I didn't understand for a second, and then wished I hadn't understood. Arian had a way of putting things as bluntly as possible. But I was happy Lydia had re-untied with her father, but then I wondered...

"Lydia, where are you and your father going to live," I asked. I assumed they weren't going back to Redwood, as Lydia had just killed the Jarl of the town.

"We're coming to Skaljarik, if we can," Olaf replied.

"Certainly you can," boomed Arian.

15856844764_45cfbc32ce.jpg

As we marched toward our home, Jarl Arian motioned for me to walk next to him.

"Logan," he replied. "I am going to need you in the near future."

"Why," I asked.

"We may have just started a war," Arian replied. "Certainly, we sparked some tension. And I want you to be one of our war leaders."

"But I've only fought one battle," I replied.

"You don't understand," Jarl Arian countered. "Back in Skaljarik, who can beat you in chess?"

"You," I replied, remembering that Arian was the only one to have defeated me in chess.

"But that's the point," Arian replied. "You have a knack for strategy. And we're going to need it."

16291673028_ca4285157c.jpg

Builder's Notes: Sorry I didn't get an overall picture, but the build turned out pretty well, I think. I especially liked the river....but tell me what you think!

Author's Notes: The story is a bit short, as always, but y;all have told me you like it. Thus be it.

Also, check out what I just got from Bricklink below.....

16453372926_88c18774cd.jpg

Very nice build! The doors and dark tan path look great :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah, I contemplated a dark green path, but I decided dark tan looked more realistic.

Nice build. The landscaping is solid. I particularly like the ice, though I felt the path could be a but more detailed.

Nice build. The landscaping is solid. I particularly like the ice, though I felt the path could be a but more detailed.

You're right, the path could use some work.....to bad I have this little annoyance called school. Thanks for the comment, and the critique.

You're right, the path could use some work.....to bad I have this little annoyance called school. Thanks for the comment, and the critique.

I've been there man, tbh I'm still there working on my masters degree. Takes away a lot from the time that could be spent building. Study on!

Nice! Great story, and cool build to go with it!

Thanks!

I've been there man, tbh I'm still there working on my masters degree. Takes away a lot from the time that could be spent building. Study on!

Will do.

Nice landscaping and cool story! Also excellent minifig posing, brick on! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Good continuation of your story!

Brick on!

Thanks!

Great build and story, nice work on the landscape, particularly the stream, and I like the polar bear there :thumbup:

It would be nice to have an overview pic of the entire build though :wink:

Great build and story, nice work on the landscape, particularly the stream, and I like the polar bear there :thumbup:

It would be nice to have an overview pic of the entire build though :wink:

Thanks! Yeah, sorry about the lack of an ovr pic.

Cool build, I like the colorscheme and small stream :thumbup: Nice continuation to your storyline as well.

I think the landscape looks a little blocky in some sections, especially in front of the gate where you have the 6x8 dark tan plate. Pretty much always try to have transition between colors be more organic and gradual than a straight line.

Cool build, I like the colorscheme and small stream :thumbup: Nice continuation to your storyline as well.

I think the landscape looks a little blocky in some sections, especially in front of the gate where you have the 6x8 dark tan plate. Pretty much always try to have transition between colors be more organic and gradual than a straight line.

Yeah, thanks for the critique. I will try to do that in my next few builds. Thanks for the comment!

Good story and build. The action scenes are well done and really bring this build to life. The uphill path looks great as well.

I'd second some of the suggestions above (mostly an overview pic!) and will add my own: I like the river but I think a couple of things could make it stand out a little better. Firstly, the banks should really be a plate higher than the river since water overtime eats into the rock below. I'd also suggest placing blue or trans-blue plates underneath the trans-clear plates, which will give the river a subtle blue hue. If you're going for the whitewater look, than rocks along the bank would be a good addition as well as some white cheese slopes to give it that choppy look.

In any case, nice build and look forward to seeing more from you!

Good story and build. The action scenes are well done and really bring this build to life. The uphill path looks great as well.

I'd second some of the suggestions above (mostly an overview pic!) and will add my own: I like the river but I think a couple of things could make it stand out a little better. Firstly, the banks should really be a plate higher than the river since water overtime eats into the rock below. I'd also suggest placing blue or trans-blue plates underneath the trans-clear plates, which will give the river a subtle blue hue. If you're going for the whitewater look, than rocks along the bank would be a good addition as well as some white cheese slopes to give it that choppy look.

In any case, nice build and look forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks! I will definitely note that for future builds!

Aaaand an effective ending of your "first season." Rather abrupt, plot-wise, but still good!