Over the past few days, I've made some posts that, in hindsight were 'perceived' as inappropriate.

I reckon I made mistakes in judgement/wording and should have been more careful in how my comments would be interpreted. I come here to share ideas, initiate discussions, get opinions, and learn from fellow AFOLs.

Lately, and because of mistakes I've made, I've been labeled by very unflattering qualifiers.

This post is not to present nor defend my side. This post is to apologize to those I have offended, as this was never my intention.

To All, happy building, MOCing, perusing, and above all **peace**.

JB

Don't worry about it man. It's the internet a couple misunderstandings are bound to happen and we're all here to have fun :classic:

The Internet is tricky that way. Conveying thoughts and emotions in print can be difficult even with your close friends, but between those of others cultures it can be almost impossible, especially if any idiom or sarcasm is involved.

Definitely.

I have asperger's, so I'm already at a disadvantage, people think I'm a jerk all the time. In a way, forums are better than RL, because I can pepper my posts with :classic::wink::grin::tongue:*huh*:oh3::snicker: to try and let people understand the emotions that don't show in typed words. (Or on my face, for that matter.)

Ditto to what everyone has said. Things are fine. We are all here to have fun. I don't know about others, but I do this as a way to relax from a demanding job... not as something to create more stress!! :sick: :sick:

Just one bit of advice. You have managed to kind of question the work of two very prolific builders, who are very well known to the community and have a stellar contribution for their work and contributions (Crowkillers and Thirdwigg). Do your homework before posting about others..... you don't want to piss off the wrong people :blush:

If your going to piss off anyone, piss of someone like me that will never have the talent of Crowkillers or Thirdwigg....lol :tongue:

j/k again... things are fine. We will all move on and we look forward to hearing from your input in the future. For what it is worth I think that much of your input on the forum is useful and positive.

Less Lounge and less how many posts can I make in a 24 hour marathon.

I do recall reading a comment stating to many mocs being posted in a forum where discussions are to take place.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more MOCS!!

The Internet is tricky that way. Conveying thoughts and emotions in print can be difficult even with your close friends, but between those of others cultures it can be almost impossible, especially if any idiom or sarcasm is involved.

Very true! I am used to making sarcastic jokes, which don't really work online....without a friendly smile...

One tip: use more smileys!

...unless you use a lot of smileys to cover it up hehe

Very true! I am used to making sarcastic jokes, which don't really work online....without a friendly smile...

...unless you use a lot of smileys to cover it up hehe

You can say that again. :laugh:

i find that different languages can make the wording seem worse than it was meant sometimes.. end of the day we all have the same hobby in common

Thanks for the reminder to be cautious with our words in this kind of venue. It shows great maturity to offer an apology; we thank you for that. While I have not been offended, it is great to see this community offering space to make sure we are all respecting the contributions of each other.

Thanks for the accolades nerdsforprez.

Happy Building.

I hate everybody :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin::laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue::laugh::sweet::laugh: :laugh: :grin::tongue: :tongue: :tongue::devil: :devil: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::laugh::tongue: :tongue: :tongue::grin: :grin:

I hate everybody :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin::laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue::laugh::sweet::laugh: :laugh: :grin::tongue: :tongue: :tongue::devil: :devil: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::laugh::tongue: :tongue: :tongue::grin: :grin:

It's ok, I can tell from the smileys! Besides...everybody feels the same about you! :laugh:

Hmm guys are you sure about the smiley thing? I think something isn't working.

Let's see if I'm understanding how to convey sarcasm online...

I think TLG needs to simplify the build steps and reduce parts added at each step in their BI. :wink:

I think official models need to use more bright, clashing, colors. Especially in the chassis. :laugh:

I think 42043 will end the pneumatics vs LA debate once and for all. :grin:

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly...

Edited by Rockbrick

Thank you Guys, your feedback is truly appreciated.

Was that sarcasm??

HAHAHA, just kidding of course :laugh:

Was that sarcasm??

HAHAHA, just kidding of course :laugh:

This reminds me of 'Phonetic Punctuation' by Victor Borge. Look him up on YouTube ... He's hilarious

The truth made words and I know well. I put :laugh: even on my bricklink orders.

This reminds me of 'Phonetic Punctuation' by Victor Borge. Look him up on YouTube ... He's hilarious

Ohhh yeah, a great fellow dane :-)

I don't know what you have written DrJB, but it takes a great man to apologize.

Some people claim that it is allways the one who sends out the message, or comment that has the responsibility on how it is recieved in the other end, but sometimes it is hard to forecast how others will recieve it. It is not easy if the reciever is prejudice towards you.

... I don't know what you have written DrJB, but it takes a great man to apologize ...

Thank You. We must own-up to our mistakes and learn from them.

Edited by DrJB