misupix

(MOC) Aliens: Ripleys Powerloader + Alien-Queen + more

Finally had time to finish my Aliens MOC (had this in mind for quite some time, but took ages to get the right bricks...)

I tried to match the size of the Powerloader, the Alien and the Alienqueen to match the minifigs...

I hope you like it? Let me know what you think.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Update: Feb 26. ...more pictures!

Here's some new pictures (Groupshot, Details)

...hope you like it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by misupix

Really nice powerloader, minifigs and Aliens. I used the Frodo hair for Ripley too! Good match - looks even closer if you pull it up off the stud slightly. I like the use of the technic gear for the queen's teeth too. Good job.

Perhaps the Powerloader scale is a little more Matrix APU than Aliens - but it looks cool. Actually it's near impossible to build a true scale powerloader cos the one in the movie is only about 1.6x human height. Lego need to make smaller bricks!

PS. If you're on flickr please add a couple of shots to the Aliens group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/alienslegogroup/

Edited by Missing Brick

Great Power Loader indeed. :)

Actually it's near impossible to build a true scale powerloader cos the one in the movie is only about 1.6x human height. Lego need to make smaller bricks!

Not only that, but the proportions of minifigs aren't anything like human proportions anyway.

There was a contest to win a "real scale" Emmett not long ago, it was about 1m10 IIRC. And despite that low height, the head, hands and feet were completely oversized compared to mine.

So it would be impossible to have a PL with a minifig using the same scale for both. It would look like Gimly in a Power Loader, at best. xD

Wow, just wow. Surely one of the best powerloaders I've seen.

Love that you incorporated Newt with the build.

My only suggestion would be some more work on the Colonial Marine... Brick build pulserifle?

And maybe making the Alien queen more fluid, less blocky, more bio-mechanical. (take a look at that side pic).

Thanks for this overwhelming positive Feedback!

This is a work in progress, I already changed some things........

But before showing this I's like to show some more pictures (added in the first post), which show the complete group and some more details.....hope you like them.

Great! Really captures the scene from the movie. The loader and Queen(s)are fantastic! Makes me wish for a an Aliens movie made in LEGO.

Andy D

Wow, I love your "normal" xenomorph, I think it is the best one I have ever seen that doesn't use any illegal techniques. Nice work, I'll build some of it for myself. :)

yayks, my beloved black rubber hoses from 80's (#6971 and #6980 in my childhood memories...and in my LEGO Space showroom as well :laugh: )...I really miss them so much, ah! :cry_sad:

anyway: you work is great! :thumbup:

Edited by bublible