SkaForHire

Rebuilding What Once Was (Challenge 4 Prelude, Chapter 2)

Chapter One

The thunderous sound of the earth roaring seemed to last for hours in Kaliphlin. Not only did the Lone Mountain explode, but the force of the tremor was felt as far away as Mitgardia. Much of Kaliphlin was shaken, and many places suffered catastrophic damage.

The newly rebuild city of Sultan’s Gate was not spared the wrath of the “Great Disturbance” (As it has come to be known). However, as the dust cleared and those who were spared began shifting through the rubble, treachery has surfaced! One of the housing districts that seemed to have sunk into the ground during the quake, was sabotaged! It soon became apparent that Drow tunnels were dug under Sultan’s Gate. For what purpose, we many never know, but the culprits have seemed to have abandoned their plans now.

Sultan’s Gate is a tight knit community, and soon the rebuilding effort began.

16289276158_0b82e496ff_c.jpgRobuko by Picture, on Flickr

(NOTE: Thanks to Robuko for building this MOC, when he gets back in town he will probably post this as a separate free build with more close up shots.)

Orcs, humans, mummies all work throughout the day to try and clear up the results of the landslip. Some of the newest Petraea General Trading Company contraptions are used in the effort. In this painting we can see the Ornithopter Flying Boat surveying and lifting rubble. At this rate, perhaps Sultan’s Gate will find normalcy in a few months.

But something seems to be lurking in the distance, a general feeling seeps over the people, that the Landslip, the earthquake, and the intrusion upon Kaliphlin are all just early warnings to something greater. And… with the new strangers starting to appear in town, from “Ulandia” or “Ulantis” or ”Ulandus”, or something like that, a place no Kaliphlin seems to recall, , one must wonder what this new era may bring.

16291184967_4f2c0acf1a_c.jpgproverb by skaforhire, on Flickr

Edited by SkaForHire

What??? All that work on Sultan's gate only to have to rebuild?!?! Things aren't looking so great for Kaliphlin!

Eruptions, landslides, sabotage....It's all very ominous...at least everyone is working together in harmony to rebuild...for now....

Wow! Has an ominous feel to it....poor gate. Just rebuilt, only to have it fall again.

Awesome build and prelude, seems to be some serious intrigue in the works! Ominous stuff indeed. Look forward to seeing where this goes!

What's with all the ominous builds and story-lines all over Historica these days? (Except in Avalonia - it seems the're still growing flowers and hugging trees unconcerned over there :tongue:) Cool build anyhow, I like where this challenge is going :wink::moar:

Looks like i might do some Kaliphlin builds soon... Allready love where this is going.... :thumbup:

Very nice build Robuko and good story writing Ska! Looking forward to the challenge! :classic:

I think this is my favorite build from you yet, Robuko :thumbup: You nailed the middle eastern style, and crumbled effects.

Sad to hear of the destruction of Sultan's gate, I hope it can be restored to its former glory.

As others have said, this feels so ominous.

Great job on the build, robuko -- so many details to appreciate, both in terms of architecture and destruction.

As I did not comment on the build earlier, I will do so now. Really great job on capturing the wreckage of the city after the earthquake! Awesome build! :thumbup: