bjorkan

Lego Heartlake Friends Juice Bar Pneumatized (MOC)

The idea was very simple, to make some real juice with Lego 41035 Friends Heartlake Juice Bar birthday present for my granddaughter Laura (will be three on this Valentine day :wub: ), so I added some more Lego parts, including 12V pneumatic pump machine, and two (non-Lego) bottles as storage canisters for apple juice and apricot ice tee. Hope this will be great fun at her birthday party. Bottles can be easily refilled from the back if children will be thirsty. Some Juice Bar photos (with hi-resolution links, where appropriate):

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

And also a short video:

:wink:

This may count as MOD, rather than a MOC. That said, it is a very creative MOD. Who would've thought that the much maligned juice bar would inspire this level of creativity!

Two questions, though; what set is the pneumatic system originally from, and how did you ensure that all the components are hygienically safe? Also, beware juice stains on Lego bricks, as in my experience they are hard to clean.

Well, that's impressive......great way to teach kids some Physics while drinking something healthy eh ? :grin:

Cute but practical......Brick On with your Friend's 'bjorkan' ! :grin:

That is a funny idea..although, i'm not sure if i would bring my bricks into contact with juice.. but it is nice anyway!

Neat idea. I would add a little sauce in the cup area to catch any drips so that I don't have to wash the LEGO too. :classic:

..although, i'm not sure if i would bring my bricks into contact with juice..

Yea, but when you're three, it makes complete sense.

Lego and juice. Mmmm. If you think about, though, that is pretty much our own ritual as well; isn't it? Who doesn't pour themselves some beverage or another while Lego-ing. I'll venture to say just about everyone here carries a glass or cup of something with them to enjoy while building. And then the only break you take, is to refill it.

Got me curious, now. I think I'll start a thread about it....

Comments to comments & questions above (thanks!):

1. Yes, Bornin is right, this is more MOD than MOC, I just tried to change it but I can edit the whole text except title :sceptic:

2. "What set is the pneumatic system originally from", most parts for pneumatic element were bought from BrickLink (two pumps, hoses, T-pieces, pneumatic switch…) and the rest are from different (old and very old) Lego sets (battery box, old 9V 5114 motor);

3. Hygienic safety, well, you are right; I washed bottles myself and did the same with green hoses (bought in aquarium shop as clean :sweet:). After demonstration usage (and for video recording) I had to clean the whole system again. Therefore I doubt that Bar will be used for a longer period, just for a few days, probably, plus some for for pure demonstration :sweet:

4. "I'm not sure if I would bring my bricks into contact with juice", well, hope you have seen my previous project with ketchup and mayonnaise (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90441), that was tricky, indeed :sadnew: Hope some of my furtehr project will NOT be with food and drinks :)

5. "I would add a little sauce in the cup area", in fact, simple but good suggestion, I was not thinking on that.