Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Old Republic - Crimson Pilgrim

Ow my gosh! That looks so ~blieping~ cool!! Didn't even know SWTOR had ships in it that looked that cool :classic::thumbup: :thumbup: .

Amazing MOC, I love the curved edges that you made look so effortless. The greebling along the sides is wonderful, the amount of plates too, I don't see many bare studs, a true beauty.

I have to agree this is a wonderful job representing the old republic ship, well done. :thumbup::grin:

I don't know how I've gone without commenting on this, but now is as good as ever. This MOC is absolutely fantastic. Every aspect of this looks like it was buffed out over the course of weeks, or even months. The greebling is methodically thought out so that it is not just placed at random, which makes the entire thing look so much better. The contrast of LBG and dark red look great together, and makes the ship really look like a labor of love from a dedicated pilot opposed to a mass manufactured, clean ship. That said, however, the white spots are a bit jarring. I like the white parts in the middle, but the ones on the engines and side of the cockpit look a little out of place, mostly the engines though. The white does balance it out a little, but I think that it could blend in more and work towards the ship. This doesn't subtract from the overall aesthetic, however. The complex shapes still look fantastic, and gives it a shape entirely its own. The fact that you didn't need any huge techinc superstructure under is amazing, and is only amplified since you managed to essentially shoehorn an interior in there. Not only did you shoehorn it in there, you also managed to make a fantastic interior. The open space looks fantastic, and the Falcon-esque doors match the rest of the interior perfectly. The solution you made for the holo-table looks great, and really fits in opposed to a printed chessboard. All of the side rooms look good, but they're almost so small they serve no purpose. If they weren't there, you could have space for a comms computer, and also fit some beds or couches of some kind as well. I think your 'infamous' corridor looks fine, but some extra panels like in the Falcon's cockpit would have looked nice, especially since you kinda started doing it already. Even though I just suggested making it look more like the Falcon, I think it looks a little too much like it. Some more creative liberty in there would have worked well, especially since the exterior doesn't really share any cues with other ships (as far as I know). Even though I just criticized a bunch of points of this, I still think it's an absolutely astonishing MOC. I feel like when people look at me funny when I say I build Legos, this should be my retort :grin: This really sets the difference in stone between AFOLs and kids. Kids build blocky structures. AFOLs build masterpieces like this using every technique acknowledged (and not acknowledged) by TLG and other AFOLs. Keep building Bob!

Nice!

I love all the angles and curves, that interior is pretty awesome as well :thumbup: .

I love big ships with interiors, especially when they look as fantastic as this! Fantastic work representing the Old Republic.

I'm always fascinated to see the interior of ships and the level of detail put into them. This is one of the best that I have seen. Awesome job!

Thanks everyone for your kind comments :blush:

I don't know how I've gone without commenting on this, but now is as good as ever. This MOC is absolutely fantastic. Every aspect of this looks like it was buffed out over the course of weeks, or even months. The greebling is methodically thought out so that it is not just placed at random, which makes the entire thing look so much better. The contrast of LBG and dark red look great together, and makes the ship really look like a labor of love from a dedicated pilot opposed to a mass manufactured, clean ship. That said, however, the white spots are a bit jarring. I like the white parts in the middle, but the ones on the engines and side of the cockpit look a little out of place, mostly the engines though. The white does balance it out a little, but I think that it could blend in more and work towards the ship. This doesn't subtract from the overall aesthetic, however. The complex shapes still look fantastic, and gives it a shape entirely its own. The fact that you didn't need any huge techinc superstructure under is amazing, and is only amplified since you managed to essentially shoehorn an interior in there. Not only did you shoehorn it in there, you also managed to make a fantastic interior. The open space looks fantastic, and the Falcon-esque doors match the rest of the interior perfectly. The solution you made for the holo-table looks great, and really fits in opposed to a printed chessboard. All of the side rooms look good, but they're almost so small they serve no purpose. If they weren't there, you could have space for a comms computer, and also fit some beds or couches of some kind as well. I think your 'infamous' corridor looks fine, but some extra panels like in the Falcon's cockpit would have looked nice, especially since you kinda started doing it already. Even though I just suggested making it look more like the Falcon, I think it looks a little too much like it. Some more creative liberty in there would have worked well, especially since the exterior doesn't really share any cues with other ships (as far as I know). Even though I just criticized a bunch of points of this, I still think it's an absolutely astonishing MOC. I feel like when people look at me funny when I say I build Legos, this should be my retort :grin: This really sets the difference in stone between AFOLs and kids. Kids build blocky structures. AFOLs build masterpieces like this using every technique acknowledged (and not acknowledged) by TLG and other AFOLs. Keep building Bob!

Thanks for that BEAVeResque comment :grin:

I have to agree with you on the white parts. I ended up using too much less white parts than intended, so the few there looks out of place. Maybe I'll replace them with light or dark grey. That's my first try at an interior, and I wanted an equivalent to the Falcon aesthetic.

Thanks for that BEAVeResque comment :grin:

I have to agree with you on the white parts. I ended up using too much less white parts than intended, so the few there looks out of place. Maybe I'll replace them with light or dark grey. That's my first try at an interior, and I wanted an equivalent to the Falcon aesthetic.

I don't thinks it's BEAVeR level, but... I think for a first try, the interior is just fine, only that it looks a bit too much like the Falcon 'in universe'. I'd love to see any future updates!

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

This is probably the most beautiful star wars moc i have ever seen. The shaping is fantastic and I am just jealous of how great that interior is. Bravo!

This is an impressive model, curved and sexy! :wink:

I always associate straight edges and interesting angles and less curves with Star Wars spaceships, but this one being from an older era makes all the curves work. It has an elegant, nostalgic feel to it, which is just right. I also like the round, almost circular shape of the engine blocks with some allusions to technology there, which makes them look like there's some particle-accellerator-thing going on. Last but not least, I'm impressed how you managed to give the model a stable frame and leave room enough for extensive interior - something I've never managed with my GHOST. Great stuff! :thumbup:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

I could see this coming out as a set. That is SICK. Only question is who would it come with for Figs?

Yeah, if you release instructions for this, I will no doubt save up and build this. This is everything I could ever want :D

Great news and shameless topic bump! The Pilgrim isn't lonely anymore as a second (and I hope soon a third...) one as been built! :sweet:

22509555394_1009d11069_c.jpg

If you too want to build one, I've created a website (still a WIP) to share my work. The Pilgrim's LDD is for sale, but there are some free stuff for you to grab if you are interested :classic:

Hi!

The Pilgrim is a really awesome MOC. I love it! The colour scheme, the details and naturally the great interiour! I'm interested in buying its and the RZ-2b's LDD-file. Is PayPal ok?

BG

Been a lurker for a long time (thought making an account finally would change that) but alas it has not.

Similarly I've oggled at this amazing build and have shamefully never commented. I have a love for minifig scaled ships with interiors and, as others have already said, this is by far the best I have ever seen.

As much as I'd love to try and make a homage from scratch I know it would never live up and I would much prefer to pay you for a file I can replicate, I saw your website but alas I have no profile access on any of the three sites.

If you would be so kind to drop me a message with an email I can contact you on I will happily buy the LDD file.

And once again, amazing build!

Been a lurker for a long time (thought making an account finally would change that) but alas it has not.

Similarly I've oggled at this amazing build and have shamefully never commented. I have a love for minifig scaled ships with interiors and, as others have already said, this is by far the best I have ever seen.

As much as I'd love to try and make a homage from scratch I know it would never live up and I would much prefer to pay you for a file I can replicate, I saw your website but alas I have no profile access on any of the three sites.

If you would be so kind to drop me a message with an email I can contact you on I will happily buy the LDD file.

And once again, amazing build!

Thanks a lot.

I've added an email address on my website if you want to contact me directly.