GallardoLU

MOC: NISSAN GT-R LM NISMO

So, Nissan has revealed its newest racing machine, the GT-R LM NISMO. its front engined V6 Twin Turbo, and Front wheel drive. oh but wait its also Electric and All Wheel Drive! that makes it uniquely FF/E-AWD with a combined power output of 1250 BHP. and just a day after the first images appeared here it is in LEGO form! (reference image included at the bottom)

16466087552_3ab0718dfd.jpgNISSAN GT-R LM NISMO (7) by kayjeb, on Flickr

16280788679_9bf5a135d7.jpgNISSAN GT-R LM NISMO (6) by kayjeb, on Flickr

16441036746_f5672c796b.jpgNISSAN GT-R LM NISMO (4) by kayjeb, on Flickr

16441038306_d30a002c6e.jpgNISSAN GT-R LM NISMO (3) by kayjeb, on Flickr

16281148687_32976edff4.jpgNISSAN GT-R LM NISMO (1) by kayjeb, on Flickr

So, there it is, 8-wide and fits a mini-fig with helmet! the car is only 4 bricks tall from the ground, and 19 studs long. Originally this was a 6-wide, to match the current city race car, and the upcoming Speed Champion cars. but it never really felt right that way. I think 8 wide was the right choice.

Comments and critiques welcomed!

Real Car Reference image.

1422841750.jpg

Oh, dear, this is cool and cool and cool and cool.

Though, yes, I have to admit, mounting that rear wing the way it's mounted IRL is damn hard.

I have a 4W Tiny Turbo version, and it's got a Calsonic Blue version to go with it, too.

thanks for the compliments!, and LegoGuns, i'm holding off on the LaFerrari and McLaren P1 until i can grab the lego sets themselves. i plan on modding them, but not sure how extremely yet but it will happen.

I'm holding off on the LaFerrari and McLaren P1 until i can grab the lego sets themselves. I plan on modding them, but not sure how extremely yet but it will happen.

Here's a may-be-useful tidbit: I'm thinking the reason why some blokes don't dig the Speed Champs line is evident with the fenders. If you're gonna mod it, either the front has to be one stud lower than the wheel arches or the wheel arches have no other element attached to its top studded area.

Here's a may-be-useful tidbit: I'm thinking the reason why some blokes don't dig the Speed Champs line is evident with the fenders. If you're gonna mod it, either the front has to be one stud lower than the wheel arches or the wheel arches have no other element attached to its top studded area.

I agree completely, that is number one on my to mod list, lower the fender line as low as possible. and the roof line too. I'll hold off on going to 8 wide until I can actually get a solid feel for the cars.