Hello! This is my attempt at a movie accurate representation of the Geonosis Arena beasts in Lego! I made the design in LDD and Rendered them with Pov-ray since I wanted to be able to use any peice in any color that I needed for the design. If you want this to be a real set make sure to leave a support here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/92060 on the LEGO Ideas website.

This is the set which I always wanted from when I saw Attack of the Clones in 2002 from when I was a small kid. Whats yours?

By the way I want to know what you would do if Lego made this set. Would you buy it? If so would you display it? Use it's parts to make something else? Play? I would make a Stop-Motion based on all of the Geonosis Arena battle. I would of done it already with the less detiled designs that I got but I want to wait and see if I can reach the projet goal.

OBtZIgL.png

jmUkLEO.png

kS0mLQc.png

svRgrnC.pngIsVny7J.png

Looks good! I really like your work on the columns. If it was a set, I would probably buy it, but I might also pass. It really depends on price and figs.

Looks good! I really like your work on the columns. If it was a set, I would probably buy it, but I might also pass. It really depends on price and figs.

Thank's for commenting! And I'm happy that you like the set! I spent some time getting the pillars to a right look. They used to be all round apart from some details on the tip some time ago. I'm happy with how they turned out.

I understand about the pricing. I'm guessing it would be more expensive than the bird set if it is made and if Lego would include everything I put in it. The bird set is $44.99 so I guess that could be the pricing of the three creatures on their own. Add another $20.00 for the rest I guess so it could be around the $60-70 price range if you take previous lego Idea project pricing into account. Hopefully it would be a bit less than that.

The execution beasts look very well done and so do the pillars but i wouldn't buy the set unless it came with a spectators tower like the one count dooku was in with poggle the lesser. Maybe a future add on? the executioner cart looks good as well.

Edited by Steel Tiger

This all looks great! I would though Like to see a spectator area, with a gate for them to come out of. If LEGO were to ever produce this I don't think the Beasts will be so bricky, they'd probably use bulky pieces like they did for the Dewback in the mos Eisely set. But with all that, It would probably come to a $100 set. I think it would be cool if they had separate sets for each creature for minimal prices, and then you can combine them all together to make an arena. I loved when they would do that, like for the past two Jabbas Palace sets.

The execution beasts look very well done and so do the pillars but i wouldn't buy the set unless it came with a spectators tower like the one count dooku was in with poggle the lesser.

This all looks great! I would though Like to see a spectator area

1725271-Geonosis_2.png

I already added the Arena on a previous project. You can find it here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/87724/updates

I never liked too much playsets, but you certainly made a great job with those beasts.

Thankyou! Though we need as many sets as we can get with different sort of bricks or Lego Mocs could not be created.

AMAZING work, everything looks so accurate and just awesome, clever use of parts and accurate scale for such difficult creatures, especially Nexu; I just wished those parts existed in these colors. I really like when someone puts so much effort in designing minifig scale movie accurate MOCs, it’s so much harder, in my opinion, than the larger UCS scale stuff, and you did that in such a professional way it MUST be a real set someday.

AMAZING work, everything looks so accurate and just awesome, clever use of parts and accurate scale for such difficult creatures, especially Nexu; I just wished those parts existed in these colors. I really like when someone puts so much effort in designing minifig scale movie accurate MOCs, it’s so much harder, in my opinion, than the larger UCS scale stuff, and you did that in such a professional way it MUST be a real set someday.

Thankyou! Probably the most positive comment I read about my set. I know right about the parts. It's quite annoying it's the only thing which has stopped me from making it in reality as I would need to paint the peices so I would rather wait and see if I can reach the Lego Ideas 10,000 supporters goal first. I agree about smaller projects being more tricky you have to really think what part you need to use for each section as you have limited space to apply it into. Meanwhile on the larger stuff you have to spend more time because of how many bricks it needs usually but you have more freedom to use one part or another because of the extra space. By the way did you support? Hopefully it can become a real set soon. :classic:

Thanks man, you deserve it. And I’ll definitely support on IDEAS, and be one of the first to congratulate you when you reach 10000 supports.

Thanks! Lets hope I do reach the goal. The voters are steady but there are not many per day. Around 5-8 it seams. But as long as this stays consistent I think we can reach it before the end of the year as long as it gets some viewing after 1000 supports.

Great work on the set LegoAcklay. Personally I would like to see some more minifigures, maybe Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee?

Great work on the set LegoAcklay. Personally I would like to see some more minifigures, maybe Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee?

Thankyou! But I will only be keeping Anakin,Padme, Obi-Wan for this particular set. Want it to be as little as possible for it to have a chance for the Lego review since only the small sets seem to be made so far. I'm even considering in allowing the Geonosian with the Orray to be removed if I start reaching the 10,000 supporters goal.

Yeah, they made one, but with a stupid Clone Wars cartoon face, we need a normal Aayla with normal PT face. Same goes for Luminara, Shaak Ti and Ki-adi Mundi as well. It would be great if you added any of those to your project so that there would be a chance we might get them along with your awesome creatures.

it's like.. a UCS playset if i may. i'd buy it. being a rather iconic scene as the official start to the clone wars i'm surprised it hasn't been rendered in lego officially yet, that being said i hope when they do, they use your idea. it's beautiful, in a weird alien creature gladiatorial death match kind of way.

...but with a stupid Clone Wars cartoon face, we need a normal Aayla with normal PT face. Same goes for Luminara, Shaak Ti and Ki-adi Mundi...

Ah ok I understand now. But like I said I wont be adding any more figures to this particular version of the arena. Howether with that being said their is no reason for me to add it to this one that I'am working on. I'll probably go for Shaak Ti.

ASvip5N.png

it's like.. a UCS playset if i may. i'd buy it. being a rather iconic scene as the official start to the clone wars i'm surprised it hasn't been rendered in lego officially yet, that being said i hope when they do, they use your idea. it's beautiful, in a weird alien creature gladiatorial death match kind of way.

Thank you! I can only see them using my design for the Acklay's limbs though since they have the tendency to make every Star Wars creature in new molded pieces apart from the Dianoga on-board the Death Star. But I sure hope we reach the 10,000 supporters so that they might make them like this. Will be a lot more fun building them from many different bricks that snapping a few together I think.