Bennemans

[MOC] - Dairy Shop

A little dairy shop for my WIP; an old town center! (part two, Butcher Shop, can be seen here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105842 )

On display under the awning are tables with milk, eggs and cheese. There's also a milk can and butter churn.

It has a full interior: a shop on the ground floor, with a kitchen/living upstairs and a bed/bathroom in the attic. (I might make pictures of the interior later, but it's nothing too special)

I need to find/make a sticker for the sign, and I need to get some gold lattice panels for the arched windows.

Hope you guys like it! :blush:

[i also need to get a new camera… this iPhone 4 is not giving me the quality I want…]

16463167741_02909ab6ec_o.jpg

Dairy Shop by Bennemans1984, on Flickr

Edited by Bennemans

Wow, this is great!

Any more photos?

:classic:

Thanks!

No I don't have any more pictures. I might make some more later of the interior. I'll update this post if and when I do ;)

Excellent textures on the stone walls and I like the variety you've introduced to the white plaster walls on the upper story. Looks really good!

AWESOME looking Tudor style modern usage building 'Bennemans'......I can't wait to see the interior.

Brick On 'Bennemans' ! :grin:

It looks lovely and full of details. The shop has everything nicely displayed, even a sign with eggs on. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the roof. It looks as it needs some repair work done, so I'm guessing the dairy business isn't doing so well. Nevertheless, the roof adds character to the building. I'm looking forward seeing more from you.

This is gorgeous!! So many great details and textures to capture the eye. My favourites are the use of the wagon wheel as the round window frame and the striped awning.

I'm looking forward to seeing the interior!

One suggestion only - maybe change the shop sign to black rather than white. I think that would work well with the dark roof. However, it may look different once it has a sticker on it.

Thanks everybody!

maybe change the shop sign to black rather than white.

I agree it sticks out a bit in the picture, but it looks more subtle IRL. Also, I don't have a black sign (and honestly, I'm not so fond of the new style sign, I prefer the Fabuland one). I do have a grey one though, maybe I'll try that one! Thanks! :pir-laugh:

I agree with you the Fabuland sign looks better on your MOC......but perhaps another colour ? :look: (but not red......it would not fit at all)

Wonderful work, I love your use of building technique and material choice to really capture the 'Medieval' character of the building :D

I agree with you the Fabuland sign looks better on your MOC......but perhaps another colour ? :look: (but not red......it would not fit at all)

I'm gonna try a grey one, but that's on another MOC at the moment. I'll decide which colour to keep when I get a sticker to go on the sign :pir-laugh:

Excellent looking building!! I really like the contrast between the grey stone ground floor and white(ish!) first floor. It really looks like an old converted farm building/cottage. My favourite bit though is all the produce (especially the sack of eggs and the milk churn design!)

Super work - looking forward to seeing more!!

Any more photos?

I'm looking forward to seeing the interior!

I can't wait to see the interior.

this building is not a modular, and taking pics of the interior is a pain in the big behind! But I did take some! I did not spend too much time on the interior, so don't expect anything spectacular!

The shop has a small counter, shelves full of cheeses, a stack of eggs in the corner, and a small staircase leading to the apartment above.

The small apartment has a simple kitchen, a table with two chairs, and a nice lounge chair with side table by the fireplace, where Mr. Milkman can relax after a long day hocking dairy products.

Upstairs is a bed and dresser. The bathroom (behind the yellow door) has a toilet, sink and shower.

GCbWqBL.jpg

The cat looks fascinated by all that dairy. :-)

It's shaping up to be a charming shop. Will the sign/sticker be in the old fashioned picture style? Or will it be words?

Will the sign/sticker be in the old fashioned picture style? Or will it be words?

I'm thinking about doing this:

U7OvSHT.jpg

(quick and dirty photoshopped picture to see how it will look)

Edited by Bennemans

(quick and dirty photoshopped picture to see how it will look)

Ah pictures and words. That looks good. (A purely picture sign would signal an even older era before literacy.)