Sign in to follow this  
Living Rave

Custom chrome lego? your opinion.......

I am a shopper for lego on all platforms. To see the custom chromed lego parts to me is awesome!! I will not toy with anything not stamped "LEGO" so this to me is an excellent alteration for unique design options.post-134407-0-87773800-1423163155_thumb.jpgpost-134407-0-87773800-1423163155_thumb.jpg

If you have used chromed lego please post your pics !! I would love to see them!

I had an entire minifig knight silver-chromed a while back.

But to be able to buy from a random select of chrome parts wouldn't interest me as much as having a service available whereat one could send their own build or set of parts to be chromed. That would be cool. Seems one could make more money that way as well - offering chroming as a service, rather than to open a shop chock full of chrome parts - because who really knows what people want in chrome? You may be sitting on a pile of unprofitable chrome parts at the end of the day.

Sometimes chrome can be really offensive on the eyes. "Too much chrome" is a very real thing. That should be a PSA.

The chrome C3PO, though - he was in no way offensive.

Edited by notaromantic

I have sourced that it is best to do in bulk at any place that chromes. i.e.: auto custom , or powder coaters. If you can find a company thats not extremely large. There are quite a few on eBay for sale if you just wish to dabble with some parts but be prepared to pay about $1 and up per piece. This cappuccino maker I made above has the cost of about $70 in total.

Some parts are pre chromed by lego in odd sets but the rest are custom from eBay. Brick link also has chrome for sale.

Resale is a tough business.There are always desired parts a figures but none are steady and only move when the market says so.

Chrome is awesome and a really cool color for LEGO parts, in my opinion. It's sad LEGO has been cutting down on chrome since the paint tends to flake off.

having a service available whereat one could send their own build or set of parts to be chromed. That would be cool. Seems one could make more money that way as well - offering chroming as a service, rather than to open a shop chock full of chrome parts - because who really knows what people want in chrome? You may be sitting on a pile of unprofitable chrome parts at the end of the day.

One of the European bricklink sellers was offering this service, I have not sent him the parts yet, but he had no issues, would just charge for the process and return postage.