Sign in to follow this  
Microdragons

(MOC) Toa Nuva Groosi

Interesting MOC. Is the mask of finding represented by the white rahkshi head? Also, is that a trans green hand or am I seeing things?

Interesting MOC. Is the mask of finding represented by the white rahkshi head? Also, is that a trans green hand or am I seeing things?

I think it's just the standard lime green hand with paint.

I think it's just the standard lime green hand with paint.

No, it's actually transparent. Zoom in on the photo.

Whaaa how did you get that transparent green hand? According to Brickset, neither the 2009-2010 or 2011-onward versions of that hand exist in that color? Is that a prototype piece? Did you get that from a bootleg set? How did you obtain that hand?

Oh, and the MOC looks like trash, which is the point, so well done. :laugh:

No, it's actually transparent. Zoom in on the photo.

I did exactly that after posting. It still looks like a painted lime green hand to me.

Hey Microdragons, can we get some clarification on this?

Edited by Jetrax99

The original photo is over 4000px, it's definitely trans dark green, and definitely a bootleg.

If by some reason it is a prototype part, judging by the massive crack in the socket I'd say it's as good as ruined now, however.

With that said, I'm having a hard time really seeing rhyme or reason to the design of this MOC. I would expect a Toa of Trash to be more like a collector, putting random findings all over his body. In your case, I would have made him look more like a proper Toa Nuva, with random bits of armor slung on. This Toa looks more like a mutilated Rahkshi. I like the placement of Gresh's mask, but...did you cut that chunk out of the side specifically for that purpose? *oh2*

After managing to view the full images on an actual computer, I will concede to the fact the hand is translucent.

I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. The MOC is really bad. If that was the point, then congrats. Otherwise I see no reason for this design. The colours are a mess, he has three arms and an Avtoran body, a broken Gresh helmet on a Piraka skull on the same leg that's attached to a Rahkshi body. Just...what even?

To put this on the same level as the Toa Nuva seems a tad pretentious all things considered. I really hope you didn't break the Gresh helmet just for this.

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

I asure I built this out of respect for the Toa Nuva, and to everyone else I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Yes that is a trans dark green hand, and it is from probably the worst off-shoot brand ever." Invincibility Robots" I'll make review of it later.

I asure I built this out of respect for the Toa Nuva, and to everyone else I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Yes that is a trans dark green hand, and it is from probably the worst off-shoot brand ever." Invincibility Robots" I'll make review of it later.

Please do! I love seeing knockoffs!