just2good

LEGO Ideas WALL-E

I found it at Toys"R"Us! It rang up street-dated, but after I explained it was already sold on their official eBay, they let me buy it.

20641030820_a23b89bcf8_z.jpg

20206445124_7a0ffcf503_z.jpg

20819561622_10e76799d6_z.jpg

20819561452_bb4f1f4f07_z.jpg

20641030040_f941cb00f9_z.jpg

20641025820_07cf5a76a3_z.jpg

20802771496_0c9ea14dc2_z.jpg

20819562152_1c2ee7afb8_z.jpg

Such a perfect representation of the iconic Pixar character! I love how fun he is, in terms of his pose-ability, but he makes for an excellent display piece.

hes available here in new zealand through one store only. hoping to get one tomorrow when i go the nearest one [45min away]. if they dont have him, will order online. $110NZD. not too shabby

This set looks as close to a perfect licensed set as it can get. One thing I will modify when I get it is the head to make it more stable, but otherwise, it looks fantastic! He'll be a great display piece. The history of the project is also really neat.

Now I want EVE...

Edited by 8BrickMario

hes available here in new zealand through one store only. hoping to get one tomorrow when i go the nearest one [45min away]. if they dont have him, will order online. $110NZD. not too shabby

Which store? Toyworld, Toyco, The Warehouse, Farmers etc?

toyworld. we went to palmerston north today and they had 5 sets. they had about 12 sets of big bang and maybe 5 sets of birds, which i wasnt expecting to see. palmy north didnt have theirs on the shelf yet. were in a stack by the stockroom door. you can ask on your stores facebook page if they have any.

edit: i didnt think to check toyco.

Edited by sunhuntin

This really is a fantastic set. I had seen the original he submitted to LEGO Ideas long ago, and I feel they did an awesome job sticking to that design.

I will be picking it up as soon as it becomes available to order.

Called my Lego store today to ask if they had it for sale and if not when. They told me that Lego was recalling them because of quality issues and that they would not receive them until sometime in mid- to late September they anticipate. Has anyone else heard of this? It seems the ones that people have are fine. For those that have it, have you noticed anything about quality? Perhaps it was just a local batch, just found it odd since they seem to be sold in other places.

Maybe they've heard complaints on WALL-E's head stability issues, and are going to fix it, like they did with the Ant-Man set?

So this is $50 right? I keep seeing people say that TRU's got it for $60 (which I personally find a bit ridiculous)

So this is $50 right? I keep seeing people say that TRU's got it for $60 (which I personally find a bit ridiculous)

I think it really is $60. The lego s@h catalog that was posted on reddit had it listed at $60. and I pre-ordered it on amazon for $60...

Anyone hear about this set being delayed? Some reports on reddit about that too...

I think it really is $60. The lego s@h catalog that was posted on reddit had it listed at $60. and I pre-ordered it on amazon for $60...

Anyone hear about this set being delayed? Some reports on reddit about that too...

From the official announcement

for a recommended retail price of $49.99 / EUR 49,99.

Hmmm.

toyworld. we went to palmerston north today and they had 5 sets. they had about 12 sets of big bang and maybe 5 sets of birds, which i wasnt expecting to see. palmy north didnt have theirs on the shelf yet. were in a stack by the stockroom door. you can ask on your stores facebook page if they have any.

edit: i didnt think to check toyco.

Wow, I'm surprised they have it because I never saw it promoted on the Facebook page. Or maybe I've just been missing out on a lot now that I've moved abroad argh.

you are right, they havent promoted this or any other new lego sets recently. best kept secret i guess...

Called my Lego store today to ask if they had it for sale and if not when. They told me that Lego was recalling them because of quality issues and that they would not receive them until sometime in mid- to late September they anticipate. Has anyone else heard of this? It seems the ones that people have are fine. For those that have it, have you noticed anything about quality? Perhaps it was just a local batch, just found it odd since they seem to be sold in other places.

If you watch the Brickshow video review you will see why. I've never been put off buying a set I've desired more in my life. If the head stability issue on all the sets is anything like the example in that video then I don't know how it got approved for release. True, most buyers want it for display instead of play but stability is one of their main QC criteria. I hope they fix it, and soon.

Delayed or not, I hope there's going to be plenty at the LEGO store I'll be going to in October for double points. This is about as 100% accurate a set that I've ever seen. I know one thing for sure, 10225 R2-D2 should be delighted to have a friend around, if he accosts him, that is. He's been rather lonely without C-3PO.

Delayed or not, I hope there's going to be plenty at the LEGO store I'll be going to in October for double points. This is about as 100% accurate a set that I've ever seen. I know one thing for sure, 10225 R2-D2 should be delighted to have a friend around, if he accosts him, that is. He's been rather lonely without C-3PO.

Double points only lasts the first four days of Oct or so this year.

Wall-E is now available from the European S@H.

Edited by Vodnik

So who else plans to do this relatively easy mod?

So awesome : )

I am now.