just2good

LEGO Ideas WALL-E

Since when are animated movies considered nerdy? Also, these are just popular movies and tv shows that people (more than just nerds) enjoy.

Oh, I was just generalising on Lego Ideas.......WALL-E is not nerdy really, but just about every other approved project is.

The question is how big is he going to be and what price will Lego set for our little hero ?

Great news, I got very wrapped up in Doctor Who I didn't see this until now. A brickbuilt Wall E would be great, this may sound a little crazy but an Axiom set would be quite cool.

But I hate to say that it appears Lego Ideas seem to approve sets that are for sorry to say this.......Nerds. :look:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

So, I go to the front page of Eurobricks... and the whole fun of watching the ideas reveal is immediately spoiled :/ Why not simply say the results are here?

I was hoping they would go for the Ghostbusters HQ instead...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Might sound funny but I'm an anti-nerd........I build Lego, love watching classic sci-fi and know stuff about Star Wars and Star Trek. :laugh:

free-funny-sayings-quotes-9.jpg

Might sound funny but I'm an anti-nerd........I build Lego, love watching classic sci-fi and know stuff about Star Wars and Star Trek. :laugh:

free-funny-sayings-quotes-9.jpg

Is that a joke because all of that is nerdy... :sceptic:

I literally didn't concieve of people not liking Wall E until this set was announced. I mean seriously, what kind of human being doesn't enjoy a Pixar film? I know it may not be on the top of everyone's lists, but it's certainly gotta be up there.

Anyway, while I'm sad we didn't see this years ago, I'm glad it's coming out now! Great choice.

I'm so excited for this! Wall-E is one of the best Pixar films I've seen, and they're making a set of it. It's nearly unbelievable that this happened, between the Helicarrier, Slave 1, and other sets, let alone working in part with one of the Pixar animators who actually worked on the film. The only way I could be any happier is if someone posted a Iron Giant project and it got approved. The only question I have is how big is it? I'd love to see something about 12X12 or 16X16 studs big. This is definitely going to be something that I keep together.

Dear all,

Just a friendly reminder to let you guys know that each of you are entitled to your own opinion in the interest of this discussion. It is alright to have some little bit of sparks and tension in displaying difference of opinions but please do not super imposed each other opinions onto others.

Thank you.

WhiteFang

I really like how Wall-E looks so will be getting it for sure, will look great next to the Rover. That said, I hope the Exo Suit, Research Institute and Birds weren't deviations from the norm of favoring licensed sets. On the one hand, I'd rather they not be outliers, on the other, that Jurassic Park set looks so awesome! :classic: Like most things, we'll probably land somewhere in the middle, or so I hope. Equilibrium is seldom a bad thing.

On the one hand, I'd rather they not be outliers, on the other, that Jurassic Park set looks so awesome! :classic:

I think the designer of that Jurassic Park set called it Jurassic Park at first, then it was rejected due to licensing (neither confirmed nor denied any relationship at the time), so he had to resubmit it as "Dinosaurs" or something like that. :)

So, treads, claws, movable eyes and neck, that small compactor inside him (wait is that gonna actually work?), chance to get it actually motorized... well, the only thing that can make this an actually winning set (and I mean better than DW) is Mindstorms compatibility.

Edited by XAxles

Wall-E :classic: Wall-E :wink: the best character from the years just when I turned into my dark ages... of course, Wall-E has noting to do with it :blush: so, I must have Wall-E... m.

I don't see how anyone cannot like Wall-E, this is a good step forward in my eyes, I see it being a big seller if they get it right.

Yeah when i first watched it i cried :cry_sad:

^ It wasn't that bad :laugh:.

It was for me because I was about 8 years old when I saw it (Yes, I'm a FOL, not a AFOL)

Edited by legonerd54321

I want a sound brick, it can say "Waaal-ee" or play Hello Dolly! :laugh:

I need one that does both!

I have not seen the movie. From the comments here, I assume it must be entertaining. I just didn't feel compelled to watch it. (Keep in mind I've seen countless other Pixar movies, and I do usually enjoy them.)

With that said, the set may be pretty neat. I may end up getting it. It all depends on price.

Just like I'll probably end up getting Dr. Who and TBBT even though I have not seen either of those shows either.