just2good

LEGO Ideas WALL-E

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the replies. Will maybe start the build this afternoon and see how things go.

Even if they don't have parts still, they could always be Bricklinked, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the neck fix is a huge improvement, does anyone else feel like it's still a little flawed? Mine seems to drop forward a lot, with his head being too heavy for the ball joint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

While the neck fix is a huge improvement, does anyone else feel like it's still a little flawed? Mine seems to drop forward a lot, with his head being too heavy for the ball joint.

I haven't tried it yet, but the friction joints used in Bionicle sets should help the ball joint be a bit more stable. It will make the neck a little bit longer though, but not to much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

While the neck fix is a huge improvement, does anyone else feel like it's still a little flawed? Mine seems to drop forward a lot, with his head being too heavy for the ball joint.

Custom solutions where proposed by people before Lego did their own version, and if I recall correctly people said that custom fix was better. I don't have a link, though. It might've been on Brickset or FBTB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a parts listing for the neck fix kit in http://brickset.com/article/18057/how-to-get-the-wall•e-neck-fix-kit and will grab any of the parts I see when I am looking for loose parts today (the same LEGO event I won WALL-E at finishes today, there is a retailer with tubs of loose LEGO for sale and I have a $25 voucher to spend at said retailer :)

There may be 3rd party designs out there but I want to build it with the official fix :)

 

Edited by jonwil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I found a parts listing for the neck fix kit in http://brickset.com/article/18057/how-to-get-the-wall•e-neck-fix-kit and will grab any of the parts I see when I am looking for loose parts today (the same LEGO event I won WALL-E at finishes today and there is a retailer with tubs of loose LEGO for sale :)

There may be 3rd party designs out there but I want to build it with the official fix :)

 

I feel you. Personally I always build sets the way the instructions say, aside from the UCS R2, which I modified to be at a position more accurate to R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Custom solutions where proposed by people before Lego did their own version, and if I recall correctly people said that custom fix was better. I don't have a link, though. It might've been on Brickset or FBTB.

Thanks, I'll have a look around. It's fine most of the time, but trying certain poses causes catastrophic failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeekByKnight said:

Thanks, I'll have a look around. It's fine most of the time, but trying certain poses causes catastrophic failure.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Built my set today, finally, and have emailed Lego asking about the repair kit. Hopefully they come through, but if not will just Bricklink and look for a copy of the repair instructions online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what the seal codes are for V2 (fix within the box with updated instructions)?

EDIT: Week 39+ of 2015 should be V2

I've contact LEGO CS and they said they'll send out the fix once I can provide them proof of purchase.

Edited by t12ung
Found answer with google xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.