just2good

LEGO Ideas WALL-E

So, the recent LEGO Ideas results revealed that we're getting a set based on the WALL-E Ideas submission. Honestly, I'm looking forward to this more than the Doctor Who project, as the final updated design on the submission looked so accurate, and I'm a Pixar fanboy.

I'm really glad this worked out, though it doesn't come as a huge surprise licensing-wise, considering how close Disney and TLG seem to be :sweet: It's also great to see that a second Pixar movie/franchise now gets a LEGO representation :thumbup: Can't wait to see the final product :wub:

I'm really excited for both.

I'm really glad this worked out, though it doesn't come as a huge surprise licensing-wise, considering how close Disney and TLG seem to be :sweet: It's also great to see that a second Pixar movie/franchise now gets a LEGO representation :thumbup: Can't wait to see the final product :wub:

This will actually be the fourth Pixar property / franchise to be represented in an official LEGO set (or the seventh, if we go by individual movies and not overall series), after Toy Story (three movies), Cars (two movies - plus the non-Pixar Planes spinoffs), and Brave.

Given that this project was submitted by an actual Pixar animator who worked on the movie (as well as having created the famous Cube Dudes that LEGO has previously released in limited-edition sets), I expect this set will entail close collaboration between the creator and LEGO's in-house team, and be really accurate to the source material.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I like it. Although I'd prefer a Wayne Manor; I knew it wouldn't be good marketwise... Hopefully it won't be sold out as quick as the Mars Rover.

One thing for sure, that Jurassic Park Ideas set is must. It'll be just in time for the new film + it isn't as big as some of the other projects.

Edited by Cammo

YES! I never watched Dr. Who and as everyone knows, I'm a Pixar fanboy too, so I'm looking forward to this infinitely more than the Who project! There's just so much to love about this set: The compact, yet detailed and accurate design, the fact that it was made by someone who actually worked on the film, and that it isn't just about minifigs like the Dr. Who project seems to be. Also, this will be the fourth Pixar property to get a set. I hope the final design will look as good as the submission and I can't wait to get it! :sweet:

It's very nice to see that this got approved. the model looks spot on to the character design, and it's very cool that the real animator created the model. This is one of the rare times where I feel like TLG could get away with copying the model exactly. This will be going on my desk for sure. :wub:

YES! This is really exciting. I don't really care for Doctor Who, so this is great news for me. Glad to see another Pixar set! Definitely a day 1 purchase!

Edited by EZNetwork

I like it. Although I'd prefer a Wayne Manor i knew it wouldn't be good marketwise... Hopefully it won't be sold out as quick as the Mars Rover.

One thing for sure, that Jurassic Park Ideas set MUST be made :laugh:. It'll be just in time for the new film + it isn't as big as some of the other projects.

Yes Jurassic Park must pass and also why not Minas Tirith with it like The Big Bang Theory and Birds?

Edited by Cy_Bored1337

Wall-E! :wub:

This is fantastic news! :cry_happy:

My favorite Pixar movie finally getting made by LEGO. I really hope this doesn't sell out fast like some of the other LEGO Ideas sets have.

This will actually be the fourth Pixar property / franchise to be represented in an official LEGO set (or the seventh, if we go by individual movies and not overall series), after Toy Story (three movies), Cars (two movies - plus the non-Pixar Planes spinoffs), and Brave.

How could I forget those two? Silly me :blush:

I wonder how much the design will need to be changed for the official product. To me, the model looks nearly perfect in its current, so I hope the final thing will be quite similar :thumbup:

This is just too cool!!! I would have been really, really surprised if this one wasn't approved considering the connection to Angus MacLane. Looking forward to buying this on Day 1!!

Don't think this will be a great topic for debate, not a lot to say really it will make a great ideas set being an ideal one off set. We don't have to wonder what mini figures we will get. Really happy this is being made just one thing to talk about how much do people think it will be?

I hope this comes with eve and wall-e minifigs! It'll probably never happen but I can dream. That being said, I'm still really excited for this set. Walle-e is one of my favorite pixar movies

Edited by Ultron

I don't know about mini-figure versions, but it imagine it'll at least have a little brick-built version of WALL*E's cockroach buddy (if you look closely at the original project submission, you can see it included, sitting on top of WALL*E's "chest").

This ranks just below the birds set as the most boring ideas set. Hopefully the actual set offers some good parts.

How is this not at least better than the "shinkai", "Hayabusa", and the curiosity Rover.....? This is the first ideas project that I actually plan on buying. Dr. Who? No thanks, not a fan. BTTF? Good movies, not that great of a set. Ghostbusters? Don't care about them. Minecraft? Lame. This model is really accurate to the character and just looks great. It's fine if you don't like Wall-e but there's no way this is the most boring Ideas set yet because it has a lot more character than all of the ones that have been approved.

It's just like my opinion man...

I actually forgot about the satellite and rover because they were so boring. This fits right in the middle then, for me. I'll pick it up for the yellows and greys and maybe tracks if they don't switch to rubber tracks. I'm just not a fan of Wall-E.

it will make a great ideas set being an ideal one off set.

Personally, I'm hoping we might get an Eve or maybe Mo to go along with it, but I guess it's unlikely.

how much do people think it will be?

Depends on the final design and what extras it comes with, but I'm guessing $40-50 like most Ideas sets until now.

I hope this comes with eve and wall-e minifigs! It'll probably never happen but I can dream.

That would be a neat bonus and would probably only add about 10 pieces, although not really necessary or relevant. Again, this is like a UCS set in that it is at a different scale than minifigs and therefore doesn't have anything to do with them, but just like with UCS sets, there is a chance they might add some as an extra incentive. Who knows.

I don't know about mini-figure versions, but it imagine it'll at least have a little brick-built version of WALL*E's cockroach buddy (if you look closely at the original project submission, you can see it included, sitting on top of WALL*E's "chest").

Yeah, I hope he's included too. And while it wasn't part of the original submission, I think a boot with the plant would also be a nice accessory.

loved this movie ever since I first saw it and so glad I'm finally getting Wall-E in Lego form. Any idea how large or small the actual figure is going to be?

This ranks just below the birds set as the most boring ideas set. Hopefully the actual set offers some good parts.

Do you have to come to EVERY topic just to bash it to the ground?

Well, this was a no-brainer.......the Lego-Disney deal plus add that the designer worked on the original film.......hello, gee it didn't take much to get this one through !

I guess also Lego had to......since the Minion's got tossed in the shock horror Mega Bloks arena.... :cry_sad: !

This might actually do well......especially with TFOL's who remember the film.

But I hate to say that it appears Lego Ideas seem to approve sets that are for sorry to say this.......Nerds. :look:

But I hate to say that it appears Lego Ideas seem to approve sets that are for sorry to say this.......Nerds. :look:

Since when are animated movies considered nerdy? Also, these are just popular movies and tv shows that people (more than just nerds) enjoy.