CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Sure but since the bbc has update the Dalek look countless times, I think its okay to have a bit of variation... last episode we even saw the different models interacting so you could even have different versions all in one scene and still remain true to the show.

But then you just get lots of different factions in one massive army of Daleks :-)

Dimensions dalek looks so much better. This one looks shambled together, where the dimensions one looks a lot more complete.

Agreed. I prefer the look of the Dimensions one. This design looks shockingly fanmade.

I think I like aspects of both, personally, and I think I'd therefore mod them both into some intermediate design (assuming I'm not using the LEGO Dimensions one for the game in one of its three builds).

You don't actually need the bricks to make the game work. just the base.

You don't actually need the bricks to make the game work. just the base.

Well, sure, if you want to suck all the fun out of it, but then why play with either LEGO or videogames in the first place? :tongue:

I know full well the pad can't actually tell what figure is on a base (as we all have since long before it was released), much less exactly how the bricks are positioned, but I like the idea of actually rebuilding when doing so in game. Besides, using the physical build variations can help one remember exactly which in-game build one left the figure in when the game is off. This might be particularly useful if one gets multiples of a given pack for the game, as I'm considering doing with this very pack.

Sure but since the bbc has update the Dalek look countless times, I think its okay to have a bit of variation... last episode we even saw the different models interacting so you could even have different versions all in one scene and still remain true to the show.

But then you just get lots of different factions in one massive army of Daleks :-)

Agreed, but these two look farther apart from each other than most "real" Daleks do. For minifigure-scale LEGO building purposes, I think most Dalek variations are probably best handled with simple color variation.

OTOH, the I think it would be great to vary the Cybermen by having some with the nice new mold seen in the LEGO Dimensions pack, and others using the clever "no new molds" version in AndrewClark2's original Ideas project (using a 1x1 plate with clip and a bucket handle atop a standard minifigure head).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I suspect that if Doctor Who sees some longevity as a LEGO theme, we'll eventually get new Dalek elements with either different printing, special molds, or both.

I think that's fine, really, because the look of the Daleks has changed with all of the different iterations of them that have appeared during the show's tenure. I can't wait to build red and blue ones using the same schematic.

I think that's fine, really, because the look of the Daleks has changed with all of the different iterations of them that have appeared during the show's tenure. I can't wait to build red and blue ones using the same schematic.

So just to be clear, we're getting "power ranger" daleks in the IDEAS set rather than the bronze revival ones? I'm a little confused, and if that's the case, VERY glad I've ordered two copies of the Dalek/Cyberman pack.... ;D

I'm a bit iffy on the new supposed Dalek design.

I don't think the Dimensions one is perfect granted, but I might like it more than this new one. I'm not super set on either color (although I wish we could get gunmetal ones, but Lego rarely uses that color for system pieces), but what I really don't like about it is the lack of a complete black band around the bottom. I think it looks strange the there is only black on the sides, and there's a huge noticeable gap right in the center.

Still, I won't pass up any Dalek, or Cybermen, or Weeping Angel (are we getting those? Can't remember. I really hope so).

I'm a bit iffy on the new supposed Dalek design.

I don't think the Dimensions one is perfect granted, but I might like it more than this new one. I'm not super set on either color (although I wish we could get gunmetal ones, but Lego rarely uses that color for system pieces), but what I really don't like about it is the lack of a complete black band around the bottom. I think it looks strange the there is only black on the sides, and there's a huge noticeable gap right in the center.

Still, I won't pass up any Dalek, or Cybermen, or Weeping Angel (are we getting those? Can't remember. I really hope so).

To me, the LEGO Dimensions Dalek looks like the official Dalek not this Ideas design.

Yes, a Weeping Angel is in the official set.

There's supposed to be a big doctor who announcement later today. Could it be the ideas set reveal?

Where's the source for this?

There's supposed to be a big doctor who announcement later today. Could it be the ideas set reveal?

I hope it is! Fingers crossed! :excited:

Edited by Ordinareo

Probably some episode thing, don't count on it being LEGO.

If it was Lego they certainly would have said a "little reveal" to be cheeky. Lego parts are little! And it wouldn't miff people who don't think Lego is worth calling a big reveal.

But I personally really really wanna see that set. I was about to say it'd be my first ideas set, but remembered I have the minecraft and the classic space mech. Thankful for dimensions softening the blow of the delorean I missed.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

As much as I want to see the new set, the way its been worded hints a Show related thing rather than a set.

Yes, if the announcement is a Lego set reveal people will be angry.

Sounds like exciting news anyway, 11pm reveal supposedly.

Paul told someone (on Twitter) he has no idea about the Doctor Who set.

So yep, not it.

Edited by CM4Sci

The latest LEGO Ideas Blog post has the title "Doctor Who", followed by a one-word post: "Stuff". I think we're about to get something more...

Edit: it's gone now. The link takes you to a 404 page. But it was there, I swear! It was posted by SmooresSara (Sara Moore, of the LEGO Ideas Team) - it still shows up in her Activity history!

Sooooo close now...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

The latest LEGO Ideas Blog post has the title "Doctor Who", followed by a one-word post: "Stuff". I think we're about to get something more...

Edit: it's gone now. The link takes you to a 404 page. But it was there, I swear! It was posted by SmooresSara (Sara Moore, of the LEGO Ideas Team) - it still shows up in her Activity history!

Sooooo close now...

The link works for me. :sceptic:

Sooooo close now...

I hate teasing...