CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Anything would be better than November!

Fingers crossed it will be revealed at BrickCon, the Lego convention in Seattle this weekend. Last year the UCS Slave 1 was revealed there, so I don't see why not. I'm going and am hoping to see it in person...

Fingers crossed it will be revealed at BrickCon, the Lego convention in Seattle this weekend. Last year the UCS Slave 1 was revealed there, so I don't see why not. I'm going and am hoping to see it in person...

I think they should have revealed it at San Diego ComicCon. It would have been the perfect opportunity.

I think they should have revealed it at San Diego ComicCon. It would have been the perfect opportunity.

Agreed. Unfortunately, SDCC seems to be reserved for next year's sets...

It's ridiculous isn't it? There's a set coming out this year and LEGO are more concerned about showcasing 2016 ones.

I will admit is annoying that we haven't got a set, but, it's not about what Lego are more concerned about, it's about what sets are ready to show and what are not. Obviously, for whatever reasons, Lego are not ready to reveal the Doctor Who set.

Set is ( rumored to be ) 75098 Hoth Echo Base that's supposed to come out in October but we've heard 0 word of.

I will admit is annoying that we haven't got a set, but, it's not about what Lego are more concerned about, it's about what sets are ready to show and what are not. Obviously, for whatever reasons, Lego are not ready to reveal the Doctor Who set.

I don't see why it wouldn't be ready by now. It was announced in February; if it's not ready to show seven months later then there's something seriously wrong.

I don't see why it wouldn't be ready by now. It was announced in February; if it's not ready to show seven months later then there's something seriously wrong.

Has to be, the picture in the catalog is completely final.

I honestly don't know why the heck they're taking so long. Someone should e-mail them.

Has to be, the picture in the catalog is completely final.

I honestly don't know why the heck they're taking so long. Someone should e-mail them.

I don't think it would do much use. People have tried asking them about it on Twitter and they just tease some news that never happens. :sadnew:

I have one question.... why do people expect the reveal to take place at an event in the US, when the "home" of Doctor Who is Britain?

why would Lego make the effort to reveal a Doctor Who Lego set in any country outside of the UK?

also.... given that this is a BBC-licenced set, presumably any reveal would have to be agreed with the BBC and they may be able to organise a "cool" reveal, involving perhaps Capaldi and/or Matt Smith?

Edited by BritishBrickFan

I have one question.... why do people expect the reveal to take place at an event in the US, when the "home" of Doctor Who is Britain?

why would Lego make the effort to reveal a Doctor Who Lego set in any country outside of the UK?

also.... given that this is a BBC-licenced set, presumably any reveal would have to be agreed with the BBC and they may be able to organise a "cool" reveal, involving perhaps Capaldi and/or Matt Smith?

Entire premiere events related to Doctor Who now happen here (especially in New York). It's a global phenomenon. A lot of the most recent big reveals of various Who-related media have taken place at US comic and pop culture conventions like NY and San Diego.

Hey guys - here's something to discuss. This is what the new Dalek looks like (inside might not be accurate but the rest is)

5DNsEi8.png

Wow, much better than the Dimensions one.

Thanks!

Yeah, no problem.

I think I gotta start putting a giant red 'DO NOT ASK FOR PICTURE' whenever I post something on these threads...

Already 8 months of waiting!

I swear I know babies that have been conceived and born in less time

Hey guys - here's something to discuss. This is what the new Dalek looks like (inside might not be accurate but the rest is)

Aw man, it looks great! Darn this excitement building! I can't take it! Wish they'd reveal it already! Waaargh, LEGO doctor Who!!

Dimensions dalek looks so much better. This one looks shambled together, where the dimensions one looks a lot more complete.

Edited by deskp

Wow, much better than the Dimensions one.

Dimensions dalek looks so much better. This one looks shambled together, where the dimensions one looks a lot more complete.

Well, there we go. :tongue:

The nice thing, though, is that if the top 2x2 dish is printed, it's presumably the same print as the one in the LEGO Dimensions Dalek (CM4Sci, can you verify or deny that?), and if everything else is an ordinary, non-Dalek-specific LEGO element, it should be a trivial matter to use a few extra bits to rebuild either one into another copy of the other one, if uniformity is desired.

I think I like aspects of both, personally, and I think I'd therefore mod them both into some intermediate design (assuming I'm not using the LEGO Dimensions one for the game in one of its three builds). That said, given how TLG likes to change up the look of any sort of uniform, "army builder"-type figure in order to frustrate me personally :tongue::cry_sad: , I suspect that if Doctor Who sees some longevity as a LEGO theme, we'll eventually get new Dalek elements with either different printing, special molds, or both.

Edited by Blondie-Wan