CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

I originally thought the 2-piece "Public Call Box" sign was because the whole front would open up, but there is a single piece above the windows that would make that impossible.

My guess is that the picture's not 100% accurate to what the TARDIS looks like and the 2-piece sign IS because the front opens up.

My guess is that the picture's not 100% accurate to what the TARDIS looks like and the 2-piece sign IS because the front opens up.

Maybe not that side, but another side opens up, and rather than having three printed tiles (a 1x6 tile and two different 1x3 tiles), LEGO consolidated it to just two.

Maybe not that side, but another side opens up, and rather than having three printed tiles (a 1x6 tile and two different 1x3 tiles), LEGO consolidated it to just two.

You mean without the 'Police Public Call Box' sign on every side?

Nah, I expect this to remain pretty faithful to how the TARDIS looks.

You mean without the 'Police Public Call Box' sign on every side?

Nah, I expect this to remain pretty faithful to how the TARDIS looks.

I mean that while only one or two sides may actually open up, the rest will have the same two 1x3 tiles, rather than a unique 1x6 tile.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Oh, the teaser image is great! It's so much more of an improvement over the Dimensions TARDIS. The windows, hinges, everything is just perfect!

That seems fairly logical. If that's the case then it raises the hope that they are printed pieces and not stickers

Oh, the teaser image is great! It's so much more of an improvement over the Dimensions TARDIS. The windows, hinges, everything is just perfect!

To be fair, the Dimensions TARDIS is limited by its size (you can't have a massive LEGO TARDIS on a NFC Toy Pad - it would take up too much room.

To be fair, the Dimensions TARDIS is limited by its size (you can't have a massive LEGO TARDIS on a NFC Toy Pad - it would take up too much room.

Oh, I meant the in-game TARDIS appearance, not the mini build.

Aw, teaser eh BBC ! :laugh:

By the looks of the Tardis it opens up in the middle to reveal the controls of the Tardis. :wink:

My guess anyway. :wink:

The TARDIS looks great. Clever use of window parts for the doors. The CGI implies that the Police Box sign is two printed tiles, as it lacks the visible edge of stickers. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

After watching the Dimensions level, I'm so glad this supposedly includes a Weeping Angel. So creepy! It needs to have a double-sided face (normal and demonic). I'm very worried that the wings will be Hawkman-styled, though. I just can't see an Ideas set suddenly allowing a new mold for ABS wings, and the Chima wings don't match very well.

Edited by 8BrickMario

After watching the Dimensions level, I'm so glad this supposedly includes a Weeping Angel. So creepy! It needs to have a double-sided face (normal and demonic). I'm very worried that the wings will be Hawkman-styled, though. I just can't see an Ideas set suddenly allowing a new mold for ABS wings, and the Chima wings don't match very well.

Now is the time for them to mold new (good) wings out of ABS plastic. These would be able to be used for so many things: Weeping Angels, MCU Falcon, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, good excuse for a Bird Man in a future CMF series, etc.

Now is the time for them to mold new (good) wings out of ABS plastic. These would be able to be used for so many things: Weeping Angels, MCU Falcon, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, good excuse for a Bird Man in a future CMF series, etc.

Gonna guess they're gonna do what they did for Hawkman.

I'm very worried that the wings will be Hawkman-styled, though. I just can't see an Ideas set suddenly allowing a new mold for ABS wings, and the Chima wings don't match very well.

CMF Series 14 Gargoyle wings would do the trick. If that's not what the official minifig comes with, that's what I'll switch out to.

The problem is that they're angels in appearance, so I wouldn't want to use the batlike/demonic Gargoyle wings. I'd really like new ABS wings, but it'll likely be a plastic sheet or the Eagle wings from Chima, since Ideas sets are not allowed to have new molds made for them. Perhaps future Doctor Who sets will include proper Angel wings, though.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The problem is that they're angels in appearance, so I wouldn't want to use the batlike/demonic Gargoyle wings. I'd really like new ABS wings, but it'll likely be a plastic sheet or the Eagle wings from Chima, since Ideas sets are not allowed to have new molds made for them. Perhaps future Doctor Who sets will include proper Angel wings, though.

Ah, good point. Well, if the Angels are going to appear in any upcoming Dimensions sets, or if the DW license is going to be revealed as a full-on theme, then that would be a way to get around the "no new molds" stipulation. I hope they don't turn out to be the plastic sheet wings. I'd almost prefer the Chima eagle wings to those, and that's not the best solution either.

The CGI implies that the Police Box sign is two printed tiles, as it lacks the visible edge of stickers. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

I think it's actually quite likely those parts (and most if not all other decorated elements) will indeed be printed. Most CUUSOO / Ideas sets do use printing - everything in all but three sets, I believe. Of those three, the most recent one (The Big Bang Theory) also has printed elements, and uses stickers mainly or only for parts that it doesn't usually print (and thus doesn't have printing pads for). The only other two to use stickers were the very first two (Shinkai 6500 and Hayabusa). All the decorated elements in the Minecraft micro world, the DeLorean time machine, the Ectomobile, the Exo-suit, the Research Institute, the birds, and WALL•E are printed. I don't see why this Doctor Who set would be any different.

It looks really neat, I must say

Edited by Robert8