CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Yeah, they wouldn't reveal the set with the release of dimensions. October 1, that seems like the best option now.

The doctor who parts of dimensions wont be on sale at launch though.

An Eighth Doctor seems very unlikely unless they make either a Collectable Minifigure Series or a set with all 13, somehow. Same with all other classic Doctors except maybe the 1st or 4th.

T_T Why you gotta dash my hopes man!? ;D

Very highly doubt it, Doctor Who is just a small part of a huge game. It would conflict too much. Very sure it'll be either this or next week, before the season premieres.

No no, you're right, he's an excellent figure, but I REALLY want an 8th Doctor figure. Also, a Matt Smith figure would be brilliant! Apparently he will be with the set, so there's some excitement there! As for the cybermen.... apparently according to Hulksmash he's in the actual set, but I ordered the fun pack anyway. I'm not an army builder, but would like to have at least 3 (plus a fun character to play with in-game :D)

No Cyberman in the set... he said it's Eleven, Twelve, Clara, Weeping Angel, and two Daleks.

No Cyberman in the set... he said it's Eleven, Twelve, Clara, Weeping Angel, and two Daleks.

T_T Today just gets better and better... :P

Well, at least the trailer for "The Magician's Apprentice" came out today. Only two more weeks until the season premiere! ^_^

Aww, Ten's not in it? He's my favorite! How likely do you think it is that they'll make it into a theme? This is a property that makes a whole lot of cash AND just found its way to a new audience on Disney XD.

I mean lets be honest most people like the 10nth Doctor more than the 11nth so it would be nuts to not eventually release a 10nth Doctor!! And Rose!! And capt Jack

It is a little odd that we don't get ten considering he was part of the initial proposal on Ideas, but from an accuracy point of view it makes sense seeing as it is Eleven's Tardis.

I'm sure however, we'll see ten sooner or later if this becomes a theme.

I think its the simple reason of keeping the first set of a possible line up to date with the series, you get the current doctor and companion and two current villains and one previous villain and then as the new doctor is a recent change you get the previous doctor to give you more options on what to do with the set. I'm actually hoping the inside is customisable so you can change it from the blue accented series 7 tardis to the orange accented 12 tardis. I wonder if it'll have any accessories for the two doctor's tenures, like 12's chalkboard or armchair or an opening below the console where you can put in Clara's Christmas turkey as it's based off TOTD apparently. I really hope this is a proper set like the planned CB one but with better bricks/quality rather than the opening tardis Ideas submission as that was a cool idea but was far too small for £60 and just wouldn't do it justice. TBH I'm hoping lego have their game on as what they did with another iconic location: Bag End was fantastic for £60, perfectly recreated and detailed.

Hulksmash: you saw the prelim, correct? What did the set itself look like as a representation of the interior?

Edited by legofreak86

I mean lets be honest most people like the 10nth Doctor more than the 11nth so it would be nuts to not eventually release a 10nth Doctor!! And Rose!! And capt Jack

I like all 13 actors and their portrayals of the good doctor, 12 is my current favourite cause he's witty and slick and dark but also has a lot of emotional and moral conflict which makes for an interesting new side for the character, something a bit more unpredictable than usual, he's still the doctor but you never quite know what he's going to do or how he's going to react. Plus he's super cool and a bit of a badass. Matt Smith's portrayal of the doctor was electrifying, one minute childish, crazy and random and the next minute deadly serious and threatening, he's young and brash but he's so ancient and wise. His speeches give me goosebumps, especially akhaten and he had one of the best final stands of any doctor. Ten is very popular its true however 11 is also extremely popular and appealing across the board, his childlike randomness and humour appeals to children and his darker tones appeal to teens/adults.

Edited by legofreak86

10 is popular but 11 is popular too. 10 is one of the most fun to watch but 9 and 11 are tied for my favorite Doctor.

I wouldn't have expected for a minute that the Ideas set would not include the 12th Doctor, which is why I think it was good of LEGO to base it on Time of the Doctor instead of just "the twelfth Doctor's Tardis" so that they can give us two doctors instead of just Capaldi.

Depends where you live. Three weeks for me.

Well, I certainly feel a little bit better. Nonetheless, as long as we all get to enjoy the fun that is Doctor Who! :D

10 is popular but 11 is popular too. 10 is one of the most fun to watch but 9 and 11 are tied for my favorite Doctor.

I wouldn't have expected for a minute that the Ideas set would not include the 12th Doctor, which is why I think it was good of LEGO to base it on Time of the Doctor instead of just "the twelfth Doctor's Tardis" so that they can give us two doctors instead of just Capaldi.

The more we can get the better. Still, really want an 8th Doctor....

Well, I certainly feel a little bit better. Nonetheless, as long as we all get to enjoy the fun that is Doctor Who! :D

The more we can get the better. Still, really want an 8th Doctor....

A set based on the movie would not be that bad.

No, maybe in the beginning, but not so much now, I like the 11th a lot, especially since Amy is my favourite companion... but I like the Dr and Donna pairing a lot too!

I like all the Doctors equally :-) nah not really, but it does just take me a bit of time to warm up to them... Capaldi is a great Doctor IMO and after watching the recent trailer I even forgot my previous dislike of Clara (she flirted too much with the Doctor when I was still in mourning for the end of River Song saga, or not the end?) And now I just feel like yay they're back :-)

I would be really happy to see a CMF Doctor Who series... otherwise I just can't see Lego ever satisfying my DW cravings once they have started...

Edited by BrickOn

No, maybe in the beginning, but not so much now, I like the 10th a lot, especially since Amy is my favourite companion... but I like the Dr and Donna pairing a lot too!

You know any was with the 11th not the 10th.

You know any was with the 11th not the 10th.

yes, my bad, I missed typed.. I am much more used to thinking of Doctors in terms of Matt Smith, David Tennant etc

A set based on the movie would not be that bad.

Don't. Even. Joke.

Seriously.

Don't even.

*quietly hopes that LEGO officials are reading this eurobricks thread*

;)

Edited by Jared

*silently waits for new news*

So do you think they're waiting for Dimensions to come out and the Doctor Who expansions to come out so they can use the new hair and screwdriver pieces, circumventing the "no new pieces in ideas sets" rule?