CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

post-134797-0-42816600-1441202355_thumb.jpg

This was posted by an illustrator for the LEGO Magazine... Could e possibly mean Doctor Who?

I doubt it. It has to be The Force Awakens, as Sept. 4th is when all the sets get released, and I'd bet that's LEGO's big push for the rest of the year... it's Disney's big push for the rest of the year already. :grin:

post-134797-0-42816600-1441202355_thumb.jpg

This was posted by an illustrator for the LEGO Magazine... Could e possibly mean Doctor Who?

I presume that he's referring to Star Wars, seeing as Force Friday starts on the 4th and the new sets are released. They will no doubt be incredibly popular.

Edit: Beaten by J2G :grin:

Edited by Housey98

He's talking about Star Wars, clearly. All the sets and merchandise are releasing on a special day called "Force Friday" on September fourth. There's no way we'd get a bunch of doctor who sets before we even see how the ideas one performs..

The Force Friday was also speculated to be the date of the next LDD update, because of the sets plausibly having new parts that might be in the next update. It is entirely conceivable that TLG decided that all the press releases should go out the same day, using the big property to garner attention for all the others.

Ok, so

I misunderstood what I was told. I believe my friend told me he accidentally told the release date of something that hadn't been officially announced yet. I assumed it was Doctor Who, but what I think he meant was the WALL-E set was gonna be released/revealed on Sept 1st. So I guess nothing was ever supposed to be revealed on the 1st. Sorry, guys. We should be getting a reveal for something soon though, whether it be the Star Wars D2C or Doctor Who.

:shrug_confused:

Ok, so

I misunderstood what I was told. I believe my friend told me he accidentally told the release date of something that hadn't been officially announced yet. I assumed it was Doctor Who, but what I think he meant was the WALL-E set was gonna be released/revealed on Sept 1st. So I guess nothing was ever supposed to be revealed on the 1st. Sorry, guys. We should be getting a reveal for something soon though, whether it be the Star Wars D2C or Doctor Who.

:shrug_confused:

Burn him at the stake! :devil:

It's fine, like I said earlier, I think it's most likely to be revealed with DW, so when you said the 1st I was a little surprised. Now if the set isn't revealed with DW, then I'll start getting impatient, let's hope that doesn't happen.

I'm guessing the set wont be released until around mid-late November. The reason behind this is that the Lego Dimensions Doctor Who Pack has a release date of November 3rd and they would probably try and release Doctor Who sets after that so people jump at the chance to get the Doctor Who Pack. In addition to this it would also be nearing the final few episodes of Doctor Who series 9, meaning the fan base will be the most active.

As for a reveal, my gut says they would wait until October to avoid the hype of the TFA sets. However, a reveal on the 19th Sepetmeber to coincide with the start of series 9 could also be something i could see them doing. Though just theorising.

Edited by Scarilian

Yea I agree way too much going on with star wars coming up. I guess the 19th or around would make sense. You would think they would want to hype it up a bit before Christmas!!

It is entirely conceivable that TLG decided that all the press releases should go out the same day, using the big property to garner attention for all the others.

Very unlikely, and I highly doubt it. Star Wars is way too popular, I think if they revealed the DW set it would be completely glossed over in favour of Star Wars.

So the 19th! My birthday. It will be a nice present.

Happy birthday!

The reason behind this is that the Lego Dimensions Doctor Who Pack has a release date of November 3rd and they would probably try and release Doctor Who sets after that so people jump at the chance to get the Doctor Who Pack.

People like me who've already pre-ordered 2 ;)

Any chance for a New York Comic Con reveal? Barely a month away now. They're bound to release some set pictures there but it could just as easily be Angry Birds, Super Heroes or something else entirely.

Any chance for a New York Comic Con reveal? Barely a month away now. They're bound to release some set pictures there but it could just as easily be Angry Birds, Super Heroes or something else entirely.

Well, I hope the big reveal at NYCC isn't Angry Birds, because I for one will be avoiding that theme. :hmpf_bad: Maybe we could see some DC Super Heroes BvS sets there, but DW I think will have a stand there. DW, I would suspect, will be officially revealed beforehand because I would suspect Lego would draw a bigger crowd (ignoring AFOLers) from a established theme, than DW, a theme that, if you aren't following Lego closely, you may not know exists. I think they want to make this a big deal in the UK as well as the US, and NYCC, though it would definitely have a response from the UK market, I would guess they'd get a bigger response from the UK audience if they released it with DW itself, but that's just my guess. The NYCC reveal is a possibility, but I sure hope it's not what Lego does.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

DW, I would suspect, will be officially revealed beforehand because I would suspect Lego would draw a bigger crowd (ignoring AFOLers) from a established theme, than DW, a theme that, if you aren't following Lego closely, you may not know exists. I think they want to make this a big deal in the UK as well as the US, and NYCC, though it would definitely have a response from the UK market, I would guess they'd get a bigger response from the UK audience if they released it with DW itself, but that's just my guess.

If they had a giant Doctor Who logo at the top of the booth like they've done with TMNT and Bionicle, people would see it and be interested, probably. That's a good point about them probably wanting to make it a big deal in the UK though. And yeah, Batman Vs Supernan (or Civil War) would make more sense, but that's what I say every year....and we've not had anything Marvel or DC yet.

I got to see the Doctor minifig from the Dimensions sets today up close and personal at Fan Expo. Really have to say I'm... not really hyped for it. I guess I was just hoping there'd be more doctor figures. Still, it's a cool figure. Can't wait for the reveal of the set though!

I got to see the Doctor minifig from the Dimensions sets today up close and personal at Fan Expo. Really have to say I'm... not really hyped for it. I guess I was just hoping there'd be more doctor figures. Still, it's a cool figure. Can't wait for the reveal of the set though!

That's surprising. He doesn't seem bad--although I will say I'd much rather have a Matt Smith version. Granted I think I'm more excited for the Cyberman--I hope he ends up in the actual set too, so you don't have to drop $15 on buying multiple fun packs just to army build Cybermen.

I am predicting the reveal date is September 27, 2015 to coincide with Lego Dimensions.

Very highly doubt it, Doctor Who is just a small part of a huge game. It would conflict too much. Very sure it'll be either this or next week, before the season premieres.

That's surprising. He doesn't seem bad--although I will say I'd much rather have a Matt Smith version. Granted I think I'm more excited for the Cyberman--I hope he ends up in the actual set too, so you don't have to drop $15 on buying multiple fun packs just to army build Cybermen.

No no, you're right, he's an excellent figure, but I REALLY want an 8th Doctor figure. Also, a Matt Smith figure would be brilliant! Apparently he will be with the set, so there's some excitement there! As for the cybermen.... apparently according to Hulksmash he's in the actual set, but I ordered the fun pack anyway. I'm not an army builder, but would like to have at least 3 (plus a fun character to play with in-game :D)

Edited by Jared

It would make sense to reveal if in the same week that the premiere is, cause there will be promos for the show, wich will obviously make people excited for the set.

No no, you're right, he's an excellent figure, but I REALLY want an 8th Doctor figure. Also, a Matt Smith figure would be brilliant! Apparently he will be with the set, so there's some excitement there! As for the cybermen.... apparently according to Hulksmash he's in the actual set, but I ordered the fun pack anyway. I'm not an army builder, but would like to have at least 3 (plus a fun character to play with in-game :D)

An Eighth Doctor seems very unlikely unless they make either a Collectable Minifigure Series or a set with all 13, somehow. Same with all other classic Doctors except maybe the 1st or 4th.