CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Like, I realize the Dimensions packs only have one minifigure and a brick-build, but... Why would the Dalek in the set be any different if not for new molds? Aside from maybe color, I mean... The in-game Dimensions Daleks look like the one in the pack as well...

Because the builds in the Dimensions packs are designed to be rebuilt multiple different ways, meaning they need to consist of more basic, versatile parts, often resulting in a blockier look overall.

Meh, if that's true about the Daleks then that's a little disappointing to me. I get that the Dimensions one is made with the rebuildable feature in mind, but it'd be nice if we had one clear build for the Daleks instead of two different ones. Even though the Dimensions Dalek is a little blocky, I think it's actually sort of charming and would work perfectly well in the Ideas set.

DImentions dalek is perffeclt fine. if a set one is betetr thats great too.

So, just curious, has anyone pre-ordered yet? I just preordered both Doctor Who as well as the Cyberman and Dalek pack.

So, just curious, has anyone pre-ordered yet? I just preordered both Doctor Who as well as the Cyberman and Dalek pack.

I pre-ordered two of the Dalek/Cybermen packs. One can never have enough of them, right? I'm waiting before pre-ordering the pack with the Doctor. If nothing in it winds up being unique from the IDEAS set, there's no reason for me to buy since I don't intend to buy the game right away.

I have preordered 2 cyberman packs and the Doctor pack. Just waiting impatiently for some more news about the Ideas set!!!

I pre-ordered two of the Dalek/Cybermen packs. One can never have enough of them, right? I'm waiting before pre-ordering the pack with the Doctor. If nothing in it winds up being unique from the IDEAS set, there's no reason for me to buy since I don't intend to buy the game right away.

I have preordered 2 cyberman packs and the Doctor pack. Just waiting impatiently for some more news about the Ideas set!!!

Nice! I ordered two just in case as well!

where can you pre-order them?

I preordered through Amazon (US).

As dmarvin said, pre-order is available through amazon us (http://www.amazon.com/Warner-Home-Video-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B010R2RHME/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440457263&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+doctor+who)

I originally pre-ordered through amazon CAD, but then I discovered best buy was doing free shipping on over $20CAD and they offer same day release delivery so you don't have to line up in the store, etc. ^_^

Hope that helps!

So, what is it finally ? 'Cause if it's only an Idea's set, then the people at Lego are dumbasses who are missing at least 3 complete lines of great and awesome sets.

We've heard nothing else other than 21304 Doctor Who is just an Ideas set.

Like I said. I mean, like, every DW fan who is also a Lego fan can name you at least one set a Doctor. Out of the top of their heads. I would do that right now, but I'm at work, so...

Well, there's no way that one LEGO Ideas sets and a few Dimensions packs will satisfy the whole Doctor Who/LEGO fan base, but it's better than nothing. And like the submitter of the Ideas set iterated, Doctor Who works with virtually every other LEGO theme in existence. So as long as you have a TARDIS, at least one Doctor (with sonic screwdriver), and a couple of the more difficult to MOC villains (like Cybermen & Weeping Angels), you're in business.

All we can do to convince LEGO to make more is to deplete LEGO's supply of sets in record time. I, for one, will not rest until my collection includes the 11th Doctor, River Song, and Jack Harkness.

I, for one, will not rest until my collection includes the 11th Doctor, River Song, and Jack Harkness.

YES!

I, for one, will not rest until my collection includes the 11th Doctor, River Song, and Jack Harkness.

I would love to see all of those, I'd also love to see the 10th Doctor (David Tennant), but I doubt they'll ever make a set with him if this is all the DW we're getting. :cry_sad:

Edited by GandalfofHoth

I would love to see all of those, I'd also love to see the 10th Doctor (David Tennant), but I doubt they'll ever make a set with him if this is all the DW we're getting. :cry_sad:

I actually meant to say David Tennant (10th Doctor) instead of the 11th! Brain fart! Or maybe I was counting the War Doctor? :) But Matt Smith would be my second choice.

We also need Oods, Silurians, Sontarans, etc.

A Matt Smith Doctor would be my fave. And I hope for brick built Daleks using common parts so I can easily build an army.

No matter what, you could always model your army after the one in the Dimensions set. It looks totally brick built and you can find those bricks in numerous colors easily. It looks like the top has printing on it, but that's the thing that appears to make it unique.

Yea I hope for a 10th Doctor set as well. And a 4th. I collected the Doctor minifigures from Character Building (Cobi Blocks) as well as some sets but can't wait to see what Lego does!!!

Yea I hope for a 10th Doctor set as well. And a 4th. I collected the Doctor minifigures from Character Building (Cobi Blocks) as well as some sets but can't wait to see what Lego does!!!

My childhood Doctor was Tom Baker (with the scarf). I would love that as well - even though I was terrified of Doctor Who at the time. Loved the opening sequence, then had to turn it off.

My childhood Doctor was Tom Baker (with the scarf). I would love that as well - even though I was terrified of Doctor Who at the time. Loved the opening sequence, then had to turn it off.

Baker was mine as well. I just remembered it as the weird show with the blue box that my dad watched!

Edited by VTsquatts

Me too. Got creeped out regularly by the obviously fake costumed aliens. I watched the first few series of the show when it was restarted, but lost interest because it was too childish. I liked David Tennant though. Haven't watched it for a few years now, but I'll pick up these sets (if there are sets) for sure.