CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

It's going to be LEGO Friday. Millions of wallets are going to scream out at once.

I don't care, I'm willing to put all other licenced sets on hold just to own this set

Do you guys think Doctor who could turn into a full theme as I would really like a tenth doctor minifigure :classic:

In short, Yes. The show has so many scenes and ships they can recreate Lego would be mad to not have it as a theme, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it turned evergreen.

I strongly suspect it'll turn into a full theme, yes (and indeed, we can already say it definitely will be if we count the LEGO Dimensions sets). I don't know how large or long-lived a theme it might be, but I do think it'll get additional sets beyond the one LEGO Ideas set and two LEGO Dimensions packs we know about.

But I've been wrong many, many times, of course.

Do you guys think Doctor who could turn into a full theme as I would really like a tenth doctor minifigure :classic:

I think if the set is successful we will see a theme.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Maybe. It all depends on how well the Ideas set sells. There is a vast wealth of content they can draw on, it's almost as vast as Star Wars in that sense. Not directly comparing the two, just saying there's a lot to pull from. Considering that Lego had the BTTF license for years and only made one set until dimensions, it's possible we'll get the same with Doctor Who. Just the Ideas set and some level packs.

In the end, it all depends on sales.

I think the difference is that Dr Who is an active TV show whereas Back to the Future doesn't have any new content.

So the wait is nearly over. This has been almost the perfect reveal: initial excitement, a long wait, newer ideas sets being revealed and made, another, longer wait, some dimensions tid bits, some rumours, some solid rumours and now it really seems to be happening.

If they did pre-orders I'd be signing up. There is no way I'm not buying this set after this much emotional investment.

So the wait is nearly over. This has been almost the perfect reveal: initial excitement, a long wait, newer ideas sets being revealed and made, another, longer wait, some dimensions tid bits, some rumours, some solid rumours and now it really seems to be happening.

So, basically series 9?

This is going to cost me so much money, but I can't wait. Weeping angels are my favourite bad guys (I would love to see a version of the statue of liberty, have always thought about that ever since I saw the CMF). The first thing I built by myself when I came out of my dark age was a Dalek and it seems like Cybermen were made to be built in lego (although not my favourites in the show).

Is the matt Smith Minifig going to be him as an old man or young.I hope its young because,as a Matt Smith fan,I know others are going to be upset.i just joined today so if this has already been explained,sorry.TIA!

Is the matt Smith Minifig going to be him as an old man or young.I hope its young because,as a Matt Smith fan,I know others are going to be upset.i just joined today so if this has already been explained,sorry.TIA!

It's highly likely it'll be his younger, non-NOTD look. Unknown what outfit though, but LEGO Dimenions does give us a possible hint:

c255fc12baecea0780259e119830e12d.jpg

Though with those cheek bone marks, you'd think he might be an older person...

It's highly likely it'll be his younger, non-NOTD look. Unknown what outfit though, but LEGO Dimenions does give us a possible hint:

Though with those cheek bone marks, you'd think he might be an older person...

Matt Smith has pretty well-defined cheek bones. Doesn't necessarily look old to me in that picture; not that this is necessarily the rendering they'll go for in the set.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Thank you very much Hulk_Smash. I cannot wait for this set, I really hope to see the Cyberman head. I am happy with all I've heard, I'm just a bit disappointed we aren't getting the Tenth Doctor, but hopefully that will come later

18916726094_293a2e062a.jpg

Like this Cyberman head...?

Also, is this gunna be the Daalek in the set? It's very Lego-y, but nowadays I'd almost expect a new mold to be made so it could look a bit more accurate shape-wize...

Edited by JaseTJ

Like this Cyberman head...?

Also, is this gunna be the Daalek in the set? It's very Lego-y, but nowadays I'd almost expect a new mold to be made so it could look a bit more accurate shape-wize...

I may well be wrong, but I think the Dalek included in the Ideas set will be made up of some sort of new mold. If it's similar to the Dimensions Jurassic World Raptor, it may well be brick built so a) it's cheaper to produce in such a small set and b) provides kids with something to actually build with bricks, instead of two minifigures, to try and justify the price point in Lego's eyes. Just my opinion (and hope) though.

Edited by Housey98

That's a good news (the Dalek in the Dimensions pack is too wide and "blocky"), but how do you know that ?

That's a good news (the Dalek in the Dimensions pack is too wide and "blocky"), but how do you know that ?

He's the Tragic Banjo, a messenger from the future, sent back to relive his past.

Like, I realize the Dimensions packs only have one minifigure and a brick-build, but... Why would the Dalek in the set be any different if not for new molds? Aside from maybe color, I mean... The in-game Dimensions Daleks look like the one in the pack as well...