CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

I personally hope Capaldi is in his usual costume rather than Matt's sans bowtie, although if he were in matts that would mean an exclusive variant. However it would also mean people who didn't have games consoles would have to buy the dimensions level pack to get the usual outfit of 12 which would be a bit annoying. If this set is big enough to have six figures then maybe they'll include both variants of 12's costume. I wonder if its the blue accented series 7 interior and maybe you can rebuild it into the orange accented series 8-9, that'd be a cool feature. Nice to see a Clara also, I guess it'll be the time of the doctor variant from the dimensions level which is cool cause she wore that for a certain amount of "Deep Breath" also. Nice to get purple coated Matt though cause that costume was my favourite of his looks, as striking as the tweed was, the black waistcoat and dark purple frock coat was so cool,slick and unique.

Edited by legofreak86

Multiple doctors, side-kick and evil do'ers.......awesome, I told my son is begging for the set so he can have a Weeping Angel.

And I guess a set for me too. :laugh:

Though I wonder what the price will be ?

About $AUD90 I seem to recall lightningtiger.

Yep, see above. $USD59, so about $90 strayan.

Ha, and if it's at TRU in Oz then don't forget the TRU surcharge ! :laugh:

We should see pictures soon if the set is being released in only a few months.

Thank you Hulk_Smash, that sounds absolutely amazing :wub: Can't wait to see how the Weeping Angel will turn out, given the limitations of minifig poseability :wink: I guess it'll be in "attack mode" the entire time :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

That is fantastic news. :wub: I'm guessing Matt Smith will show up in his traditional tweed jacket, as much as I'd like him to show up in his purple outfit.

Ha, and if it's at TRU in Oz then don't forget the TRU surcharge ! :laugh:

We should see pictures soon if the set is being released in only a few months.

The closest TRU store to me is several hundred km away including a substantial body of water. This is going to be one expensive set if its an exclusive.

Information: it is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

Also it comes out on December 1st

YES! YES! YES!

Even if there isn't a Handles in the set, I'll just bricklink a second Cyberman head from Dimensions and paint it.

We MIGHT be getting a reveal extremely soon at the beginning of next month so be prepared! :classic:

Hey Hulk_smash, could I ask one final question? Do you know if the eleventh doctor was wearing his normal tweed coat or his purple coat? Thank you for everything you have told us by the way :classic:

The new series starts on the 19th Sept (UK and USA) so it would make sense to ride on the (frock)coattail of the resulting publicly and maybe get some pictures out around then. This is just speculation and finger crossing, this set feels like it's been in development for ever...

There was no sign, and the Weeping Angel was a minifigure.

Thanks!

That's interesting... I wonder if we'll get a new hairpiece

Can't wait!

I hope we get a Day of the Doctor set in the future.

Edited by Ordinareo

Well thanks for the info Hulk_Smash, I have to say I'm a little disappointed that we are not getting Tom Baker but I guess we can't have everything right. :wink: It's a great star for Doctor Who either way.

^^

Agreed, and hopefully if it does become a theme (an evergreen one perhaps) we can see things from Sarah Jane and Torchwood.

Thank you very much Hulk_Smash. I cannot wait for this set, I really hope to see the Cyberman head. I am happy with all I've heard, I'm just a bit disappointed we aren't getting the Tenth Doctor, but hopefully that will come later

Finally some set details, thanks a ton!

It sounds just about perfect, a good TARDIS interior, a great minifigure selection, and a price tag that allows for a bigger, more substantial build.

I just hope we don't repeat the availability issues that some of the other Ideas sets had.

Set number is 21304 in case nobody knew :tongue:

Which means someone is going to get paid for an idea, but might there be more sets in the future is the bigger question ?