CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

I really hope the set has a good assortment of the figures, as I have no intention of investing in the packs just for the figures as I have no intention of playing the game

Given the price tag, I'm expecting 500-550 pieces and three minifigs (Twelve, Clara and Missy).

I'm not really familiar with Dr. Who, but i saw these and there was a clock on one of them, so i thought maybe these are for the new Dr. Who too? Or are these old oval shields? I cant remember them. Otherwise for another theme?

TB24z2KeXXXXXXVXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1582685776.jpg_620x10000.jpg

Edited by Borex

Thanks for the images Borex, can't say I recognise those shields, unless off course they are from series 9.

Nah, those shields are from the Dimensions starter pack. If you look on here you should be able to see 'em around the edges of the portal.

I'm really pleased we're getting actual sonic screwdrivers and not lightsaber hilts with transparent studs like I imagined.

I'm guessing it's just as likely they're from a Dimensions pack too, but even if they are it's still a good indication of what we'll be getting in the Idea set. :)

I'm really pleased we're getting actual sonic screwdrivers and not lightsaber hilts with transparent studs like I imagined.

I'm guessing it's just as likely they're from a Dimensions pack too,

well they are, we have seen the pack ages ago ;)

A few of my friends are hardcore are Whovians, and at one point he had built a HUGE version (scaled to a minifig of course) of the TARDIS with the moving central thing (I had to do the mechanics for it). We did record a video of him taking it apart so he could rebuild it. I'm sure if this is a actually a thing, he and his girlfriend will go broke, and blame me. Hehehe.

Me? Not a fan and never really seen it.

A few of my friends are hardcore are Whovians, and at one point he had built a HUGE version (scaled to a minifig of course) of the TARDIS with the moving central thing (I had to do the mechanics for it). We did record a video of him taking it apart so he could rebuild it. I'm sure if this is a actually a thing, he and his girlfriend will go broke, and blame me. Hehehe.

Me? Not a fan and never really seen it.

Pics/video or it didn't happen. :P

I wont have access to the video until after I move. The box the video is stored on is disconnected and packed up. I re-read my post, and it sounds like the tardis was scaled to that of a minifigure, which is incorrect. Respective to a minifigure, it was huge, probably about 12" high. Also the video is 570MB.

Does anyone else think that the CMF series 14 Banshees hair looks like it was made for a River Song figure?

Does anyone else think that the CMF series 14 Banshees hair looks like it was made for a River Song figure?

It does look really similar. However, if the set is really going to be based just on the 9th Series, then I doubt she'll become a figure for a while. It's a nice catch, though! :thumbup:

Heeellooooooooo? LEGO???

Do you remember this set you were supossed to release?

Heeellooooooooo? LEGO???

Do you remember this set you were supossed to release?

Wait a few more weeks :classic:

It does look really similar. However, if the set is really going to be based just on the 9th Series, then I doubt she'll become a figure for a while. It's a nice catch, though! :thumbup:

Where are we hearing it's based on just the 9th series? The project proposal specifically suggests including one "classic" Doctor (specifically the Fourth) and one new (likely the Tenth).

Where are we hearing it's based on just the 9th series? The project proposal specifically suggests including one "classic" Doctor (specifically the Fourth) and one new (likely the Tenth).

I'm not sure whether its based on any series but is just characters and villains from different ones.

Information: it is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

Also it comes out on December 1st

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Information: it is based on Time of the Doctor, it will contain Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Clara, two Daleks, a Weeping Angel and is the TARDIS interior with the exterior on the end and able to come off and display as the TARDIS.

Also it comes out on December 1st

Does Matt come with the Cyberman head? This is the one episode I've actually seen.

I have no idea, I only saw an old prelim photo and couldn't see Handles in it, doesn't mean he isn't in it though.

Also it wasn't technically confirmed as Time of the Doctor, I just guessed because of the contents of the set.

THATS GREAT!!! Makes sense too, as it means they can produce the most iconic part of the show (tardis duh), whilst including two most recent doctors and the most recent companion and also including two fan favourite villains whilst also basing it on a recent(ish)episode which has already aired therefore not spoiling any series 9 developments. You've done it again Hulk_Smash you've done your rebellion proud ;)

Edited by legofreak86

I have no idea, I only saw an old prelim photo and couldn't see Handles in it, doesn't mean he isn't in it though.

Also it wasn't technically confirmed as Time of the Doctor, I just guessed because of the contents of the set.

Ok. Thanks, Hulk_Smash!