CM4Sci

LEGO Ideas Doctor Who

Only thing I care about, is eventually getting the Eighth Doctor.

Are the fans still suggesting the possibility of doing one or two series of Collectible Minifigures dedicated to Doctor Who?

Or are they planning to sprinkle the doctors out across a whole series of different sets?

And is there still a rumor of a full theme?

Are the fans still suggesting the possibility of doing one or two series of Collectible Minifigures dedicated to Doctor Who?

Or are they planning to sprinkle the doctors out across a whole series of different sets?

And is there still a rumor of a full theme?

Of course there are rumors of a full theme! :D We don't really know for sure yet just what they'll do, though. But it does seem likely we'll get at least a couple different incarnations of the Doctor, if only because having a couple different Doctors (one "classic", like Four, and one "nuWho", like Ten or Twelve) was part of the proposal for the Ideas project that got chosen (and one of the things that distinguished the winning project from the other, fairly similar Doctor Who project that was in the same review batch, and which this one beat even though the other one got its votes faster).

Also, Metro reports they've been unofficially told Doctor Who will be a part of the LEGO Dimensions videogame.

Also, Metro reports they've been unofficially told Doctor Who will be a part of the LEGO Dimensions videogame.

Well, now it's official. I'm guessing that this version of the Doctor will also appear in the Ideas set.

EDIT: I thought they didn't do new molds for Ideas? He has two!

Edited by Master_Data

Well, this isn't an Ideas set - it's a Dimensions pack, and we know from Marty's hoverboard that those can have new molds. So they make the mold for this, and that way it doesn't count as a "new" mold for use in the Ideas set. Sneaky!

OMG AWESOME! So excited! Do you think theyll do the same fig for the set?

The sonic would be better in silver. considering the 'claws' are the biggest part and they should be silver.

Hopefully we'll also get more Dr. Who sets. I mean this is nice, but Capaldi is not my favorite of doctors--and if this is the only "set" we end up getting, I may just turn into a pass for me. The Dimensions sets are pricey in the first place, and I'm not thrilled about getting just the doctor without a police call box for like $30. Come on Lego! Give us a minifgure scaled Tardis!

There's definitely going to be more than just this. With a new mold for hair AND for the Screwdriver, we should definitely be getting at least another set.

We know we are getting a set based on the original Ideas proposal. The decision to include it in Dimensions (the Dimensions set contains the Doctor figure, the small Tardis and the K-9 figure) is on top of that. It may be that they wont put the Screwdriver in the Dr Who Ideas set (as a way to get people to buy the Dimensions product)

This looks excellent! The TARDIS does look odd but I will respect the fact it is hard to recreate things in such a small scale

We know we are getting a set based on the original Ideas proposal. The decision to include it in Dimensions (the Dimensions set contains the Doctor figure, the small Tardis and the K-9 figure) is on top of that. It may be that they wont put the Screwdriver in the Dr Who Ideas set (as a way to get people to buy the Dimensions product)

Nah I don't think thats how it works. The dimentions sets will sell on their own as a game thing. SInce they have a screwdriver they certainly will stick that in the main set aswell.

If they wanna 'force' people to buy dimentions stuff, they will put other EXCLUSIVE doctors in figure packs for that in the future.

Not sure why they made a new hairpiece for the 12th Doctor. Capaldi's hairline doesn't look like that.

Not sure why they made a new hairpiece for the 12th Doctor. Capaldi's hairline doesn't look like that.

https://36.media.tum...1ok9so1_500.jpg series 9 it does. Maybe they got the idea from that. Plus thats just the CG manip, in the real figure you can see its far lower.

Edited by legofreak86

The copyright stuff mentions Daleks and Cybermen, so those will be in the game.

I suspect that a Dalek and Cyberman will appear in the Ideas set. I think K9 will be exlusive to the Dimensions pack.

Edit: Oh, and is this image the actual TARDIS we'll be getting?

y1g79KB.png

Edited by Cube1701

If you read the instructions for the Dr Who pack (linked from somewhere on Brickset) you can see from the inventory at the end that the Tardis in the Dimensions set is made from 2 x 4 printed tiles for the sides.

What the Tardis in the actual Ideas set will look like we dont know and no the LEGO Dimensions Dr Who set instructions dont show us anything that might point towards what the Ideas set will contain. The mention of Daleks and Cybermen in the Dimensions stuff confirms that we will almost certainly see both characters in the Dr Who level of the video game (why would they need to mention them in the instructions if they weren't in the game) but that doesn't mean a thing in terms of what we see in the Ideas set.

Edit: Oh, and is this image the actual TARDIS we'll be getting?

Nah, thats just a sligthly cartoonified normal tarids.

I am so relieved to see The Doctor in minifigure form! I mean, if The Big Bang Theory can manage an Ideas set, then The good Doctor deserves his own line of sets.

Edited by Colossus

What the Tardis in the actual Ideas set will look like we dont know and no the LEGO Dimensions Dr Who set instructions dont show us anything that might point towards what the Ideas set will contain.

Actually in this picture there is one interesting little teaser for the full model:

tn_dimensions_jpg.jpg

You see that small segment of TARDIS in the level image, just above K9? I'm betting that this is the TARDIS model we're gonna get.... :classic: