Saberwing40k

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Technic in 2017

Ondra for Trucks you forgot the RaceTruck. It might not be a monster but it's a truck. I'd like to see a touring car like a car for WTCC or in line with the Porsche a GT-Racecar. But a Formula One racer car would be nice to get the long wishbone parts again in a set.

Good idea!Race truck never been build in scale 1:10 as main model.I think new year must be something different that do not resemble street car because of Porsche.

Tilting cabin or hood and spoiler, interesting aerodynamic design, blue and white colour.That would be dream.

And what about rally truck?Or trophy truck.

In 2015 was a re-release of a rave truck. My wife has it so I don't think another one will come. And the formula off-road is there too. Maybe a goodbyes trophy truck or the rumored pf2.0 is possible. Thinking about a Baja trophy truck with pf would be nice.

Thinking about a Baja trophy truck with pf would be nice.

I would love that... :wub: Also, a rally car would be cool. There has never been a Technic one before.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

That is also fine with me.

But it must be the biggest one, I think it's the Axion 950.

Would be so cool.

Or maybe a Fendt 1050 Vario, also a well known European brand.

Also has red rims.

And it has dark green hood and cab.

Axion with smaller wheels at the front like 81.6 to make correct proportions to Xerion wheels simply wont work if you try to recreate front suspended axle. I'll try to make front axle in a few weeks with Xerion tires yust to demonstrate what I mean (tried to make for 94.8 tire in the past but all features of Axion axle can not be realised in such small space).

Fendt Varo 1000 series - front independent suspension with Lego parts has 18 studs and Fend has maximal 2200mm front track so you have to calculate that model should be about 1:15 to round up; and real beast has 185cm front and 225cm rear tires. Most realistic is medium size CLAAS Arion with 4 cylinder engine, Xerion tires at rear and new 81,6 with tractor tread and read wheel racing small at the front.

Sorry fellow eurobrickers for complicated post but I only wanted to argument why some models are not likely to be made...

I would love that... :wub: Also, a rally car would be cool. There has never been a Technic one before.

It will be 6 years ago in 2017 when was 9398 released.Also I think we will see something RC with new PF.

But still first technic set was forklift, so at least one forklift must be next year .

Edited by Ondra

On the other hand we have new bucket pieces in BWE, so this could mean new backhoe loader with claas tires or excavator in RC .

Edited by Ondra

Why all that interest around cars & trucks, if TLG wants to attract more and more people they need to diversify and get big sets that are out if the ordinary ! Look at this year technic 2H, Ucs put apart, the sets are very different than simple cars or trucks. They are looking for function that have a point to be PF and I really don't think that PF opening doors or hood will attract a lot of new people ! I also agree that it may be too early to have a new CLAAS or any agriculture machine as Ondra has already pointed above. This is just my 2 cents !

Everyone wants some vehicle or truck for a anniversary of a big company's product line. Dont you think it would be weird for such a company to create some vehicle for such an event?

I personally think it has to be many function packed "thing" that would represent the product line but not a vehicle to associate with it. What I think as best set would be something similar to a clock works perfectly in time or a "mechanic hand" that can make humanly moves perfectly (I once tried a "pen flipping hand" but failed of course) or a brick building machinery etc. In industry fairs companies show their best products with their new or well known abilities so why should Lego make a truck or vehicle as an anniversary when their potential is much more. Lego Technic's best ability is the different functions it can provide with interesting builds that come up close to real machinery in terms of functionality.

If there is any anniversary set that will be released next year (or future), I would expect it to be some innovative, out-of-box thinking, not seen before thing.

That is just me though, I would not complain if it turns out a big truck full of functions with the 9398 suspension :grin:

Everyone wants some vehicle or truck for a anniversary of a big company's product line. Dont you think it would be weird for such a company to create some vehicle for such an event?

I personally think it has to be many function packed "thing" that would represent the product line but not a vehicle to associate with it. What I think as best set would be something similar to a clock works perfectly in time or a "mechanic hand" that can make humanly moves perfectly (I once tried a "pen flipping hand" but failed of course) or a brick building machinery etc. In industry fairs companies show their best products with their new or well known abilities so why should Lego make a truck or vehicle as an anniversary when their potential is much more. Lego Technic's best ability is the different functions it can provide with interesting builds that come up close to real machinery in terms of functionality.

If there is any anniversary set that will be released next year (or future), I would expect it to be some innovative, out-of-box thinking, not seen before thing.

That is just me though, I would not complain if it turns out a big truck full of functions with the 9398 suspension :grin:

There are rumours that Modular building series gets huge hospital for ten years anniversary , bug still only rumours.

I hope there is something for technic as well, but this year we get ultimate models in terms of quality or exclusivity, so I dont think this will be next year too.

EDIT.:I have idea!For first PF they develop Buldozer, for PF 2:0 they can develop snow groomer with same functions :blush: .

Edited by Ondra

EDIT.:I have idea!For first PF they develop Buldozer, for PF 2:0 they can develop snow groomer with same functions :blush: .

Very down for a snow groomer as flagship!

They made commemorative bricks for us, will be a great addition to my desk

Also, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of LEGO Technic, each set comes with a special commemorative brick!
Such set, very big, much exiting, wow.

I hope this is just a minor thing letting everyone now about celebration and there still will be some dedicated set. But I'm afraid this could be all we will get.

Such set, very big, much exiting, wow.

I hope this is just a minor thing letting everyone now about celebration and there still will be some dedicated set. But I'm afraid this could be all we will get.

We have yet to see the entire list of 2017 Technic sets ... the big stuff (2H sets) is still unknown :laugh:

Yeah, it is a time of the year where you have hopes, but don't raise them high not to get disappointed. :classic:

Guys, there's an entire 2017 topic devoted to this. Let's keep the discussion over there.

On ‎10‎-‎8‎-‎2016 at 11:53 PM, I_Igor said:

Axion with smaller wheels at the front like 81.6 to make correct proportions to Xerion wheels simply wont work if you try to recreate front suspended axle. I'll try to make front axle in a few weeks with Xerion tires yust to demonstrate what I mean (tried to make for 94.8 tire in the past but all features of Axion axle can not be realised in such small space).

Fendt Varo 1000 series - front independent suspension with Lego parts has 18 studs and Fend has maximal 2200mm front track so you have to calculate that model should be about 1:15 to round up; and real beast has 185cm front and 225cm rear tires. Most realistic is medium size CLAAS Arion with 4 cylinder engine, Xerion tires at rear and new 81,6 with tractor tread and read wheel racing small at the front.

Sorry fellow eurobrickers for complicated post but I only wanted to argument why some models are not likely to be made...

Hello I_Igor,

I understand what you say, it would be almost impossible to recreate a fully functional driven front axle with pendular suspension, but it would be very cool to have a Axion on the shelf to. Having a front tire to match the Xerion tire would also be very welcome. I want to build the PF Backhoe V2 from Jurgen Krooshoop. It uses the PP wheels on the back, but I don't like them. Want to replace them with Xerion tires, but then I would need to get some matching tires for the front.

On 8/5/2016 at 0:14 PM, ctx1769 said:

A year of reissues would be good for all of us that missed out on some of the classic technic sets. I would like to see 9398 and 8258

Re-issues sounds great to me as well I like that thought. I see I am in favor of more 'historical' sets like 856 or 8860 or 8480 or this small one 8208 chopper or the 8458 just to name a few.

What I also loved where the universal Building Sets that would be a good suggestion for next year as well to my opinion.

23 hours ago, aefferen said:

I saw the idea about voting for sets. I have a website with all Technic sets in one row. I am busy composing a book on 40 years of Lego Technic. Here on this page http://rabbitdesign.nl/index.php/2013-11-22-09-30-07 you can find all Technic sets from 1977 onwards. Please cast your vote here for sets you like to see in this book. 

This poll is confusing. So 1 star is very good and 5 stars is very poor?

1 hour ago, aefferen said:

Re-issues sounds great to me as well I like that thought. I see I am in favor of more 'historical' sets like 856 or 8860 or 8480 or this small one 8208 chopper or the 8458 just to name a few.

What I also loved where the universal Building Sets that would be a good suggestion for next year as well to my opinion.

Re-issues are usually a subject of controversy. People usually complain that the re-issue is not exactly like the original set, and sometimes that they take the space of a novel design. That has never bothered me, though.

If it were a deserieable/interesting set, then a reissue would be fine. Not some like 42041 though. Frankly, arguing about a reissue not being exactly the same is pointless, as long as it doesn't detract from the set.

But, I'd rather have a new set that is an improved version of the old, and not just a reissue.