Saberwing40k

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Technic in 2017

A modern interpreting of the 8880

Edited by sm1995

Any insights on the 2017 line-up ? (I know we still don't have the 2016 2H out and I am already talking about the 2017 line up...

I was thinking that discussion would be started before we know it!! But I guess it will be September before we get any news and we'll all be building our BWE until then anyway!!

Make this monster :laugh:

8f02c40e7e8f4ceba98b7dd5516ea9a7d9047923.jpeg

I was reading this topic and thought.....didn't TLG just release this monster?! Then I noticed the date..... :sweet::thumbup:

I was reading this topic and thought.....didn't TLG just release this monster?! Then I noticed the date..... :sweet::thumbup:

Imagine the number of track links if they modeled the BWE after this one :laugh:

I'm really hoping that next year LEGO has another 'Ultimate' labeled Technic set in the pipeline for us.

But hopefully it will be really ultimate this time - for me set 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS was not ultimate at all - it lacked complex features, the price is way too high for what it offers ... it is just a huge display model but that's not the thing I want first from a Technic set.

For me one of the most complex, challenging, advanced as well as fun and satisfying builds in recent years was 2015's flagship set - Mercedes Benz Arocs. It offered great looks, had great piece count and new pieces, is rather big, has lots of functions and the chassis is simply perfect ... and it is some sort of a modular build - something I definitely want to see more of!

What I'm personally hoping for 2017, especially 2H 2017 is another Ultimate Technic Set - maybe a complex, fully working engine block worth 3000 pieces or a car chassis, a Land Rover would be very great or a big excavator but non of it should use power functions, I'm not a fan of it. There should be 4 2H sets just as this year.

I believe the first set leaks for next year will appear properly soon, hopefully we'll see the 2H set names already just as last year.

Edited by Emmi

I'm really hoping that next year LEGO has another 'Ultimate' labeled Technic set in the pipeline for us.

But hopefully it will be really ultimate this time - for me set 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS was not ultimate at all - it lacked complex features, the price is way too high for what it offers ... it is just a huge display model but that's not the thing I want first from a Technic set.

I wouldn´t buy anymore a USC Technic model if they´ll throw again something parenthetical "just on the top of everything else" on the market for such price. With only one exception: if it would be a Ferrari F40 which by the way was built for 40th jubilee of the company. I´m sure they have recognized how important the supercar theme is for us crazy AFOLs who have grown up with 8880 and hopefully won´t disappoint us again.

Edited by brunojj1

I hope this is not, to be honest. Ultimate should stay Ultimate for some extended period of time, otherwise it will become main line product.

No, thanks. As Zux said it should be Ultimate for some time.

This year Lego went overboard for big sets (for AFOLS ?), not just Technic where we got 4 sets more that 2000 pieces, and the helicopter (I am so broke), but then there is the Disney castle in September > 4000 , big ben, 70751, 21128, 75095 and several others more than 150 £$E . Looking at the 25 top selling sets, 7 are large sets this month, so maybe they see that the super-size sell well so hopefully they will do the same next year. For me they are over-due a expensive train (ok - wrong thread), but I think they will so some more super-size technic too but I am looking through the flag-ship sets since 1995 (yep - I have those too), to make a guess, at least one super car and one construction. I hope something completely new like the BWE.

Now that the biggest excavator has been released, let's hope that the second biggest one, which is the bucket chain excavator, would be released too.

Hw7BkRBMnofx+tHn9mNp4Fmbl7dlXLq0l+Q

Now that the biggest excavator has been released, let's hope that the second biggest one, which is the bucket chain excavator, would be released too.

*snip*

It would be too simillar and repetitive.

Much like a gold dredge

I would like to see some new leds, possibly with an optionally connectable control unit ,to make them flash,etc... Like brickstuff and lifelites

Guys, we already have a wish list topic. Let's not turn this into one :tongue:

Let's try to come up with a logical set for the 40th anniversary.

I would like to see a reboot of some of the original or iconic sets. In particular 8860 chassis which I used to have.

I think that it makes more sense to tribute one of the models that turns 40 instead of newer sets like the 8880.

An 853 Car Chassis hommage would be nice, with the colours, shapes and functions of the old set, but with new parts. A yellow forklift (like the 850) would aslo be possible.

It's also the 40th aniversary of Star Wars, so it would be a perfect opportunity to bring back Technic Star Wars (maybe with ships instead of characters).

Also something they should bring are the Universal Building sets

Or even better, the Technic figs :wub:

Edited by LXF

Let's try to come up with a logical set for the 40th anniversary.
I find it hard to suggest a set, but it is much easier to suggest a proper pricing - 400EUR :laugh: I wish it won't cost this much though.

2016 came with a lot of medium to big size models, plus the Porche. I wonder why TLG did not wait until 2017. Or maybe there's an even bigger wave of releases coming out next year