Saberwing40k

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Technic in 2017

Bring back Model Team!!

This doesn't make any sense, it's the anniversary of the Technic line not model team, why would they bring back a different line? :wink: I would love to see some new more powerful motors from TLG.

I personally would like to see the return of the highly coveted RC system back. Lego should know that we love these, and want these motors and remotes because of their capability. I've already emailed Lego to see if they would bring it back, and the person replied with "I also forwarded you request to bring back the old RC set. We thank you for letting us know your product preferences so we can better serve you. We really do take in the information from our LEGO fans and use it!" I doubt that they will come back, but it would be cool if they did. In regards to the " We really do take in the information from our LEGO fans and use it!" if there was a way to get Lego to know the mass of people who want these, it might get them to bring it back. That's what I would like for 2017!

Proper Remote Control system (compatible with PF) without help of IR and Bluetooth. BT is better option than IR, but let's be honest, who needs a controller (smartphone or tablet) where you need to look at it to make sure you use correct switch/function, that is without feedback. Physical, customizable controller would be awesome.

Few more new gears (clutch and normal ones).

New wheels same size as 44772/15038 with bigger offset.

It seems to me that Lego is missing a solid bet in not integrating PF with EV3.

With the price of Bluetooth capable tablets so low, they could re-brand someone's bottom model, replace the IR with a two-way sbrick type device and have an awesome product line. Conceivably the remote / computer / robot could all be in one hand held / mountable device. That would also allow them to have only one line of motors, one line of power, etc.

Change the Rechargeable EV3 Battery so that the charging plug is at the same end of the EV3 as the PC Connector. This would aid in the development process when both the charger and the PC may need to be plugged in at the same time.In a compact MOC it means that the PC Cable must be left attached to the EV3, since the charging cable cannot be removed from the wall unit.

Another this I want is a torsen differential and another crawler.

This doesn't make any sense, it's the anniversary of the Technic line not model team, why would they bring back a different line? :wink: I would love to see some new more powerful motors from TLG.

The models that M-Longer makes, have a high quantity off Technic, but the esthetics of Model Team, like to see more of those by TLG

The models that M-Longer makes, have a high quantity off Technic, but the esthetics of Model Team, like to see more of those by TLG

I believe that it would then be more suited for LEGO creator.

I think its a good idea (the original post) but not so many pieces, simply because I would like to enter and none of my models have that many pictures.

Guys, most of these are pure wishes that would be in a better place in this topic.

This should be a place for discussing serious guesses.

No, not really. Have you even read the title of this topic? (clearly not). This topic is to discuss ideas and hopes for LEGO Technic's 40th anniversary.

Back on topic, I would like to possibly see a stationary set (one that isn't a vehicle but more a machine), sort of like this rope braiding machine.

My suggestion is to vote for best Technic set first from the period of 1977-2000 and then redesign the winner by TLG as an exclusive set with special box edition.

Did TLG ever explicitly celebrate an anniversary with a special set?

There have been multiple sets released for Creator anniversaries, most notably their 50th (stylised to resemble sets from the 50s) and some other non-Lego items. Off the top of my head there have also been anniversary sets for Duplo and Star Wars - there was also a group of sets released to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the films but that's not what we're talking about.

Edit - Beaten to it by allanp! I guess great minds must think alike :laugh:

Edited by Jay Psi

A thought inspired by JBTechnic in post #119:

What about relaunching updated versions of the most popular/most voted for set from every 10 years? Like the most voted for set from 1977, 1987, 1997 and 2007.

Maybe they should come up with something that was launched in 1977...

Service packs! A handful of chrome gold 24T gear wheels that we will treasure and abstain from ever using.

Bring back Model Team!!

With a huge set, something like the MAN TGA dump truck with drawbar trailer and the Volvo wheelloader from MLonger, that would be really cool, even if it costs like €800,-

Like it !

Looking at the efforts Blackbird and the others are putting on it, the hard and expensive it is to get the parts...

For the 40 anniversary I want TLG to license Akiyuki. models and begin a new GBC Theme.

Release 2 sets per year on a 6 month cycle. or something like that....

Maybe they should come up with something that was launched in 1977...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe like some technic sets that came out in 1999?