Sign in to follow this  
Tereglith

[MOC] Lambda Class Shuttle... in 10188 Death Star Style

[ALL IMAGES LINK TO LARGER VERSIONS ON FLICKR]

There's something big going on in the Death Star Hangar Bay! What could it be?

16249921408_5f25af48f6_c.jpg

It's an assembly to welcome Emperor Palpatine himself!

16251741167_bf4f2bb249_c.jpg

And he's arrived in style!

16250242010_5e5e36613d_c.jpg

After a long dry spell, I've returned to designing ships to go with my 10188 Death Star. Considering there are two famous scenes that happen in the Hangar, and I had already made a Millennium Falcon, the obvious next choice was a Lambda Class Shuttle.

16436638462_c55ff98b40_c.jpg

The wings are mounted on two friction pins apiece, and everything is set up so that they naturally come to a stop at the exact right angle for flight mode.

15817510833_83c19002a1_c.jpg

The thrusters add a nice splash of color. Some relatively complex SNOT keeps everything together back here.

16251317339_6af9561b60_c.jpg

It lands well, too:

16249908468_7595a31868_c.jpg

As with all my 10188-style ships, this one can hold some relevant figures as well, in this case Emperor Palpatine and one of his Red Guards.

16437573895_1e82cc8595_c.jpg

Mood lighting:

16436633222_88a8edb3e2_c.jpg

Imperial Rides

16435803451_985cc22f91_c.jpg

And the family portrait, featuring my Millennium Falcon and the X-wing fighter. The full collection is quickly outgrowing my makeshift photo studio!

16435801871_7800772988_c.jpg

Neat build, Tereglith!

I'm currently designing a "Death Star scale" Theta-class Shuttle as part of an Ideas project and certainly find your ships inspirational.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Very nice build! and great idea, I was just thinking of small scale ships that would serve the same purpose. I am not fond with how the figures have to be layed down, but given the circumstances it's the only option. All of those figures looked so cramped in that hanger too!

Great Idea! I'll definately build a falcon for my Death Star, too... I also like you're shuttle. Clever design and a good size to still hande as a playset feature.

really great stuff!

Edited by H_Solo

Very nice build! and great idea, I was just thinking of small scale ships that would serve the same purpose. I am not fond with how the figures have to be layed down, but given the circumstances it's the only option. All of those figures looked so cramped in that hanger too!

Yeah, there's only so much I can do with the figures on flatter ships like this. If I make a Slave 1 or Tantiv IV in this style they should be able to sit up a little better.

I sort of like how cramped everybody looks in the hangar, though. It goes quite well with the overall fussy and superdeformed nature of 10188's interiors.

Neat build, Tereglith!

I'm currently designing a "Death Star scale" Theta-class Shuttle as part of an Ideas project and certainly find your ships inspirational.

Thanks! What's the larger ship will your Theta-class will go along with? I don't remember it ever being associated with any major capital ships.

Thanks! What's the larger ship will your Theta-class will go along with? I don't remember it ever being associated with any major capital ships.

It's actually going along with a base; the Mustafar Mining Facility from Episode III.

This is incredible, well done! I always thought the Lamda Shuttle was one of the coolest and most original designs from the OT. From what I can tell, your MOC matches the "Death Star scale" well, and it sure beats the $4 Target polybag Imperial Shuttle that I have. :grin: Also, I don't have a Death Star, and never will, unless you count the globe from the Planet Set...