Sign in to follow this  
ftop

A first...

Hi,

This is my first moc I deem right to publish. Due to space constrictions, I keep it all in the digital world now.

The building is based on the building 'De Gekroonde Hoofden' in my home town Ghent in Belgium. The name means 'crowned heads' and the figures are a series of counts of Flanders.

It is a corner building, such as IRL and I have tried to remain as close to the original as LEGO parts allowed. At this moment the building has not been furnished yet, but that may change in the future.

Enjoy

CIlMiDE.png

And here is the real thing:

cDPmZ7t.jpg

Edited by ftop

This is a wonderful modular, you captured the original facade with great affect! The two buildings on its left would be fun to see in LEGO too!!

I hope to see this in real bricks one day....

Happy building :laugh:

Well, timmyc, that was a great idea.

I gave it a first shot, but it was kinda hard to get the dimensions right.

Enjoy,

HuKIH06.png

And here we have the two of them side by side.

6mW9N7r.png

I could not get them to connect together though...

Very nice representation of the building! Would be cool to see it in real bricks :)

As for your first try on the neighboring buildings, I have a suggestion: Try making them just 24 wide. I see you went for a 32 wide, which makes them too broad for their height, at least as long as you try to keep them in scale with the corner building. Looking at the real pic, it seems like they are just about as wide as the corner building.