Yh, I actually think that a c model of the 42030 could be a Lamborghini urus, sure it won't have suspension and basic supercar features but, the b model of the 42030 apparently is inaccurate because the real truck has 6 wheels but the model only comes with 4. But originally when you said that it had 1 L motor for drive, I didn't think that car would even move, clunk or splutter. TC6 has spawned some great mocs and inventions like these. Most of the time, a technic car would only move if it were powered 1 xl motor or 2 l motors or more of each, but now people are getting 1 L motor to propell their vehicles that previous cars with 2 XL motors couldn't reach. Not to mention that TC6 has brought the best out of all builders and even less experienced people than me are churning out some great quality mocs. Almost anyone could win because all the entries are of a high standard.

Back with some more updates.

I received my two new 45mm? air cylinders to to replace the mini's on the front that just weren't lifting the weight. Before I could commit to tearing the front end apart, I had already started on the tailgate and back bumper.

This is the current rendition. The bumper works for me, but I think the tailgate needs some more massaging.

tail1.jpg

Definitely a challenge to tie in those crazy panels. I was pretty happy with my taillight setup. It's a 3L yellow beam with the small gray half pins to hold the lights on. It was a great challenge to mount them because once the pins are in, there's nothing left to mount to... until you think a little bit deeper and thus the amazing thing is revealed that we all love about lego: There's always another way. Another solution. Another, better? way.

Tailgate down for battery box access:

tail2.jpg

I also reworked the tonneau cover. It was too wide before, so I narrowed it and added proper mounting gear.

It drops onto hooks behind the cap and rests on pegs at the back. Quick pop on and off.

Onto the front end>

I ripped off the small cylinders and rough mounted the two big ones. The power was too much and it created the problem of the front end raising quickly first (lighter) and then the backend catching up. I sort of want the whole thing to go up at once.

So I tried a single cylinder:

abortion1.jpg

It just looked dumb and didn't give me enough height.

Here's my new prototype. It's not quite there, for two reasons.

1. No room for the mock V8

2. It's a sloppy pile of bantha fodder.

But on the bright side, it worked pretty nicely as for ride height.

front_end.jpg

The V8 HAS to go back in. Which means, these cylinders will drop down one stud at the bottom, and ...maybe tilt in toward the frame at the top? Something...

They may also have to moved forward a few studs, which I don't really want to do, but...comon...the V8! You can't have a hood that opens only to have no motor! :grin:

Lastly, The whole steering setup was bugging me. I have an m motor on a worm gear. The gear ratio was bananas, so I engineered a gear reduction on the motor side.

Now my steering is much quicker. (the rod is just to hold the air lines back while I work.)

gear.jpg

Then I flipped 'er around and fixed the steering wheel ratio. It now turns realistically with the steering. Also the steering wheel is in a much more realistic spot. Unless, of course you are posting to a board titled Eurobricks. Then I guess it's completely on the wrong side of the car :tongue:

newsteering.jpg

Next up, hood lovin'.

Back with some additional build log. I hope you don't mind the updates. It's tiresome when someone bumps their own topic a lot. I apologize for that.

The front end was my big project over the last few days. I tried a lot of fenders and that sort of organically led to designing the hood, which I wont put a picture up of -it needs another draft. It's a huge chunk and very important to the overall look of the beast.

Even still, with my prototype hood and front fenders I decided to get the grill and front end structurally sound.

I was facing the redesign of the front air ride system and if you remember, I wanted to wedge the fake v8 in.

Well I definitely gave it the old college try, but sorry, no V8.

It's just too tight and with the overall weight of the MOC you have to keep the cylinders near the axle. and with the limited space inside and around the wheels, there simply was no room for the v8.

I tried one sort of wedged under the v8, with a arm that raised the other axle, then I tried both like an X in front. it worked but the steering became compromised.

Here's one in with the v8

wonky.jpg

Those wide tires are tough to work around.

I like the height, but in a perfect world, they would be 1/2 as wide. Especially since they are artificially narrow to account for the body to slide over the top.

Long story short, I pulled the v8 out, and cried, then went about shoring up the front end so that it was mechanically sound.

I reasoned that the point of my moc is the air ride. Steering and drive is after that, then looks.

Here's the frame of the grill. I love these box pieces. When they can be worked in, they are excellent building points.

front2.jpg

I added the LED lights to these front lamps. They wont really be practical unless I got an S-brick. Be nice to turn them on and off separately. For now they are tied into the drive function because of a lack of extenders to the battery box at the far end of the MOC.

This is the 2nd draft of the grill and 3rd of the bumper. Pretty happy with it. what do you think?

bigpimpin.jpg

The hood comprises a large chunk of the top and the real truck has a fairly skinny grill.

Now....I'm off to show that hood (bonnet? :grin: ) who's boss! Wish me luck.

Well, I found out I'll be busy the next few days. So I decided to finish up the project tonight. I wont be able to fine tune some of the last few things I built, such as the hood and the cab, but they turned out pretty cool despite the time crunch.

The '66 has:

2 L motors for one drive function

1 M motor for steering

1 M motor for air pump

1 M motor for ride height (air switch)

Manual features include:

Doors open.

Tailgate opens

Hood opens.

Also the steering wheel turns with the front steering.

I would estimate about 3k parts.

Next time I build something small! :laugh:

final1.jpg

final2.jpg

reworked the tailgate :thumbup:

final3.jpg

Christine? :laugh:

final4.jpg

final5.jpg

final6.jpg

Thanks again for everyone's support.

That looks fantastic, You're definitely getting my vote because you put alot of hard work, time and dedication into this moc. And the turn out of this model speaks for itself. This is a great model.

Nice work! That's a hard hood to model in Lego, so is the roof. It's amazing how many contours are on those trucks that you don't see until you have to wet sand one prior to paint!

Definitely a challenge to tie in those crazy panels. I was pretty happy with my taillight setup. It's a 3L yellow beam with the small gray half pins to hold the lights on. It was a great challenge to mount them because once the pins are in, there's nothing left to mount to... until you think a little bit deeper and thus the amazing thing is revealed that we all love about lego: There's always another way. Another solution. Another, better? way.

Flick fire missile pieces, maybe?

What do you guys think of my mirrors? not completely sold on 'em but the more I walk by, the more I like them :laugh:

mirror3.jpg

mirror2.jpg

Also switched up the front end a bit to make it look more finished by adding the black cylinders, a few yellow beams behind the turn signals and strengthening the axle that holds the yellow cylinders across the top of the grill and replacing the axle joiners with the ...uh yellow sliding cylinder thingys (technical term). :laugh:

mirrors1.jpg

I worked on the cab quite a bit.

It's still not there, but it's definitely more enclosed. I ran out of small black beams so I had to sort of compromise with some axle connectors. Look's a'right It's definitely more secure as I connected the front a pillars as always intended.

cab.jpg

Also made the tailgate shorter. i think it looks better.

tailgatef.jpg

These are all updates post tc6 deadline and are not to be taken into consideration for votes. (i'm not a top contender anyway! It's more about the fun of building and showing my results :grin: ) of course if anyone objects I can remove these updates.

I'm also considering taking apart this badboy that I just completed.

img_8983.jpg

It's lucio Switches 4x4 truck: It contains my two XL motors and my servo motor! (25 bucks? are you kidding me?! :laugh: We need to get that servo motor price down yall!)