Lasse D

[Software] LD Digital Mosaic Creator (LDDMC)

The printing functionality exports parts of the picture in order to give users a page with their own part of the mosaic. This has been used at LEGOWorld for some years.

I am a member of Byggepladen, but I am not able to register for Skærbæk due to my reaction time being more than a second :D

2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

The printing functionality exports parts of the picture in order to give users a page with their own part of the mosaic. This has been used at LEGOWorld for some years.

I am a member of Byggepladen, but I am not able to register for Skærbæk due to my reaction time being more than a second :D

Is there a way to explicitly specify the size of the magnified area on each page?  (I've also got a couple other suggestions for additions to the printing interface, if you're interested.)

On 2/2/2015 at 10:08 PM, Lasse D said:

- Print building instructions

how do we do this?
I am stuck :( I don;t see the option anywhere to see how many bricks of what color I must use, and instructions hot to build

Hi Angeli,

The instructions should be made by selecting File->Print (or CTRL+P) and you can see the number of parts on the cover page of the print.

You should also be able to see it in the magnifier when enabling the legend (click the magnifier icon, and then the list icon)

I hope this helps

- Lasse

Lasse,

Is there a way to specifically set the number of cells in the print diagram shown on each page?  Setting the number of displayed magnifiers seems a little unusual to me.

Thanks!

I wonder if this tool could be used to create curved lines such as the ones in this image? (Topic.)

UlktxGH.png

Edited by Dilvish

On 26/09/2017 at 2:22 PM, Classicsmiley said:

Is there a way to explicitly specify the size of the magnified area on each page?  (I've also got a couple other suggestions for additions to the printing interface, if you're interested.)

The printing dialog has just been updated so that the size can be set. I have made some changes to how the magnifier is used. Hopefully it is all more intuitive now.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:42 AM, Classicsmiley said:

Lasse,

Is there a way to specifically set the number of cells in the print diagram shown on each page?  Setting the number of displayed magnifiers seems a little unusual to me.

Thanks!

Yes. This has also been added as an option in the printing dialog.

This is not an official release since there still are problems with the loading of colors from rebrickable, peeron, etc. I'm thinking of making my own color page on c-mt.dk since these sites seem to change the structure of theirs a bit too frequently.

18 hours ago, Lasse D said:

This is not an official release since there still are problems with the loading of colors from rebrickable, peeron, etc. I'm thinking of making my own color page on c-mt.dk since these sites seem to change the structure of theirs a bit too frequently.

What do you mean with changing the structure? As far as I know Rebrickable's color page isn't changed very often (and if it is, it's only to add a missing mapping or something like that). And the one at Peeron isn't changed at all; Peeron itself is kinda dead.

It has changed since last time I wrote a parser for it (I'm talking about this page: http://rebrickable.com/colors )

It used to have the following information in the columns:

ID, Name, #rgb, |parts|, |sets|, from, to, LEGO names, LDraw IDs, Bricklink IDs, Peeron names

I will either have to modify my parser or create som new "color xml" file and parser which can be used instead of this unreliable html-parser.

The Peeron color chart doesn't seem to even respond to the request from the software anymore! I have also removed the functionality from LDDMC. I recall I changed to rebrickable due to the state of Peeron.

I'm also using information from ldraw.xml (LDD color ID's for the LDD export functionality) since it isn't present on the rebrickable site. Another advantage of using a "color xml" file would be to include these ID's as well.

As a first step I can update the rebrickable parser.

Edit

Perhaps I should just use this instead: https://rebrickable.com/downloads/

Edited by Lasse D

14 hours ago, Lasse D said:

It has changed since last time I wrote a parser for it (I'm talking about this page: http://rebrickable.com/colors )

It used to have the following information in the columns:

ID, Name, #rgb, |parts|, |sets|, from, to, LEGO names, LDraw IDs, Bricklink IDs, Peeron names

I will either have to modify my parser or create som new "color xml" file and parser which can be used instead of this unreliable html-parser.

The Peeron color chart doesn't seem to even respond to the request from the software anymore! I have also removed the functionality from LDDMC. I recall I changed to rebrickable due to the state of Peeron.

I'm also using information from ldraw.xml (LDD color ID's for the LDD export functionality) since it isn't present on the rebrickable site. Another advantage of using a "color xml" file would be to include these ID's as well.

As a first step I can update the rebrickable parser.

Edit

Perhaps I should just use this instead: https://rebrickable.com/downloads/

I don't know when you wrote the Rebrickable parser, but if that was before the beginning of this year, it is probably broken indeed. Rebrickable had a major site overhaul this year and everything changed. However, instead of parsing tables, it might be easier to just use the Rebrickable API. It also has some methods for color information :classic:

It turns out that the csv-file from the API is very limited compared to the information you get from the colors page. So I ended up modifying the parser.

And with that it was time to release version 0.9.4. The first page has been updated with new functionality and screenshots.

The changes have been quite extensive. This is my current TODO-list. All items beginning with "V" have been added or fixed in this latest version, while the items starting with "X" are on the roadmap for next release:

BUGS:
V Legend disappears once in a while. ½D
V Legend lacks behind when changing size (Observe by changing to size 1) 1D
V Text size when printing seems wonky (also on preview pages). 1D
V Items in legend can be selected.
V SNOT gets long white lines now... 2D
V Legend highlights disappears once in a while (Reproducible by changing color names in print dialog). ½D
V BrickedView doesn't grab focus when magnifier is turned on.
V Legend loses height when placed back in Frame.
V Main icon doesn't load in task bar once in a while.
X Filter menu button text is bold. 1D
V Color loads from Rebricable etc. fail. 2D

TODO:
V Make size lock (on/off like in any other size changing software) 1D
V Make divider toggle button something you can turn on (not shown as default) 1D
V Make Legend a main panel like the editing options. 1D
V Update print dialog. 3D
V Open and save action in Ribbon. ½D
V Test screen as default image (Lasse Spand) ½D
V Paint brickedView directly in screen buffer. 1D
V Drag 'n Drop images and image files. 1D
X Output construction optimization.
 XX LDD 2W
 XX Tiles 2D
 XX SNOT 4D
 VV Smarter scoring (additional connections) 3D
 VV Corner plates and bricks
  VVV Turn correctly! 1D
  VVV Center point for corner elements (not middle) 1D
  VVV Use empty spots when optimizing 1D
X Progress
 VV Progress when waiting for print 2D
 XX and export (relevant because of optimization). ½D
V Update ribbon when magnifier turns on/off (replace construction technique, size, propagationPercentage with magnifierSize, toggleColors). ½D
V Move magnifier to right pane 1D
 VV Add buttons to navigate ½D
 VV Add position guide to right pane when in magnifier mode 1D
 VV Add button for changing position guide to ribbon (only visible when in magnifier mode) ½D
 VV Fix position view when using SNOT.
V Handle feedback from eurobricks.
 VV Save jpg/png/gif: (Reintroduce functionality) 2D
 VV Change size of magnified area in print.
V Update icons 1D
 VV "SUM" -> "SUM="
 VV Add "person" to crop image.
 VV No color in "Exit"
V Only show progress bar in bottom when on for more than 300ms.
X Improve color approximation by allowing user to boost colors. 3D
V Handle feedback: gmail. ½D
 VV Brick optimization (works for non-SNOT, non-tile, LDraw export)
 VV Printing. Position on print pages. Page number. Color customization in print. Print in chunks.
X Introduce some hybrid color+id magnifier view option. Consider using patterns like when knitting. 3D
V Release 0.9.4

Is this soft still available? Where can I download the latest version? I tried to download from here but without success. ;/

OK, I got it now. But I can't export to LDraw or LDD files. Any idea where is the problem? Thanks.

What happens when you try to export? The only error I can think of would be if you have part optimization enabled while there is not parts file. Try

"Edit" -> "Settings" -> "Export"

and uncheck the box. If it works without this checked, then that would be the issue.