Mister Phes

Which Official Pirate LEGO Sets Do You Have?

i've just bought my second pirate set in 16 years!

i bought 6235 in 1989, i added 6245 to the list a week ago! At this rate i'll have the entire catalog in ... 200 years or so... :P

i love both sets very much! lots of great parts, like cannons, monkies, pirates, officers!

just doubled my collection of pirates today, 04/11/2005! i bought another 6235 and my first 1733...

Don't stop now Sneffy! I've got about 99% of the sets. Just a few more small promotional sets and I'll have the lot. I still "accidentally" buy a pirate set I already have every week plus I'm always getting random pirate parts.

You need to get more. You'll be very pleased if you do!

Don't stop now Sneffy! I've got about 99% of the sets. Just a few more small promotional sets and I'll have the lot. I still "accidentally" buy a pirate set I already have every week plus I'm always getting random pirate parts.

You need to get more. You'll be very pleased if you do!

well... i am going to buy 6235 for a second time on Friday :P But even in Belgium most of the pirates sets belong to the past. i can't think of any shop that still has them, except for bricklink/ebay

i should have bought the pirate ships when they were rereleased as legends! :() *sing*

At times I notice there is a lot of Pirate LEGO for sale in Germany and the auctions don't usually attract many bids... I even bought from a German seller once. But typically there's sweet FA located in Germany in regards to Pirate LEGO at the time of writing.

However... In Belgium there's some auctions of interest, particularly the 6296 Shipwrecked for a mere 8 Euros (7 days and only 1 bid) and the exteremely rare 6255 Pirate Comic for 3.99 Euros (3rd day of a 10 day auction no bids) This would never happen in Australia, each auction would have over 10 bids by now. I should move to the area just to get cheap Pirate LEGO.

you're right! from time to time we get this large number of pirate sets on ebay.

I'd recommend you get the 6296 Shipwrecked. It includes instructions and box - not even I have the box! It even includes 2 bonus monkeys! The set doesn't have any monkeys so this can only be a good thing!

Since this set is slightly rare you'd be mad (or really poor) to be interested in Pirate LEGO, live in Belgium and NOT at put a bid on this auction for at its current price!!!

I suspected as much because if you did you'd know it was actually called Treasure Chest :-D - its written on the box you see! The box is also a very integral part of that set.

Ooops! I've confused it with 1788 which LUGNet has down as Pirate's Chest but I'm not sure why that is because its called Treasure Chest on its box.

Disregard every thing in my previous post! I've also seen 1747 been called Treasure Tidy as well...

Ah, and here's the explanation from Lugnet:

1747 Pirates Treasure Surprise - This is the non-U.S. boxed version of 1802

1802 Tidy Treasure - This is the U.S. polybag version of 1747.

But why would they call a set a different name just because one was in a poly bag and the other was in a box?

I have traded off, broken or sold much of my pirate stuff.

My only true list contains but 1 BSB. I have a tattered old box and no instructions.

Yet, I do have almost 100 pirate slaves for my castle men. :^D

Oh, and about 10 islanders.

That's crazy... It's the same set with different number :)

LINK

here's another weird story:

castle set 6060

castle set 1584

exactly the same, one is from 1988 the other from 1989

i'm not sure if this is also a US and a european version... what i do know is that both are very expensive!

just added three sets to the pirate collection:

yet another 6235

adding 1788

Excellent work Count Sneffy! Nothing like a few small sets to bolster your ranks and give you extra pieces.

Did you end up bidding for that ridiculously cheap 6296 Shipwrecked eBay auction I showed you a few weeks back? Don't tell me you didn't even see it!

i did see it, but i decided to wait with the ebay bidding untill 2007. i first need to buy all the old sets i can still find in the toy shops, like those three pirates, a few castle sets, western sets... I missed out on lots of stuff during my dark age, so i'm trying to get all the old sets i can still find in the shops first... there's also a problem of room. where to leave it all? however, it's getting harder not to buy thru ebay as well, because the sets you see ... man, two weeks ago: a complete pirate ship (think it was the first large pirate ship): 12.5

ok lets see ill try to list what I have...

6274 (Not really but my friend gave me most of the pieces he didnt want anymore..Made a MOC with it)

6277 (Getting on Christmas eve 10 days left!)

6280 (Getting on Christmas eve 10 days left!)

6289 (Not really but my friend gave me most of the pieces he didnt want anymore..Made a MOC with it)

6296 (Complete but just using pieces I had here with instructions on internet)

Thats about it for now! Most of my stuff are MOCs though.