Mister Phes

Which Official Pirate LEGO Sets Do You Have?

My 6204 Buccaneers and 6258 Smuggler's Shanty arrived today. Quite good sets, too. :)

Yes, 6204 Buccaneers has a stunning design!

Actually, it means more Imperial Armada Figures and that's always a good thing. Isn't it children?

Very true. With the combination of 6204, 6249, and 6244, I now have 4 shiny, new Spaniard soldiers. Only need a few sets to complete my quest for 1996-1997 sets (i.e.-6280, 6281, 6289, 6250, 6296, and 6248). And fortunately, three of these six are within my evil grasp...heh.

UPDATED:

After much thought and deliberation, I purchased my first Pirate set. And lo, it was a long wait, but soon my MISB 6286 arrived.  (as well as a 6251, and a few other non-pirate goodies. Buying in bulk is a good way to even bring the highest prices down to normal).

So, Akkh now has:

6286 Skulls Eye Schooner

6251 Pirate Mini-figures

Yes, very good choices indeed! No need for delibration. They're pratically no brainers.

After gently opening the box, and a lovely build time later, it was finished. I have to say, I love the model, and its one of the best sets I've ever owned or put together. I'm  quite impressed.

But you're quite insane for opening a MISB Skulls Eye Schooner! Another light goes out and the extremely rare MISB SES comes closer to the verge of extinction.

That'll probaby be it for awhile...but no regrets on that end.

Akkh

Yes... You'd probably save even more money if you just got the MIB sets to build. They're significantly cheaper.

But you're quite insane for opening a MISB Skulls Eye Schooner! Another light goes out and the extremely rare MISB SES comes closer to the verge of extinction.

Yes... You'd probably save even more money if you just got the MIB sets to build. They're significantly cheaper.

Meh, I've ben called crazy before.

:-D

Besides, I couldn't just leave it in its pretty purple box for all eternity. It was begging to be freed.

As for the cost, as I mentioned in the MISB-to open thread, a little extra expense to make sure all the pieces are there, unchewed on, and sails unyellowed...I'm willing to pay a litle extra for that.

That and with the other stuff I purchased, it came out to something I didn't mind paying. Shipping on the other hand, was painful.

In any event...its still a great set...possibly one of the best TLG has ever put out. I am suitably impressed.

Akkh

My new additions for August

1464 Pirate Lookout

1802 Treasure Tidy

6232 Skeleton Crew

6235 Buried Treasure

6255 Pirate Comic

6277 Imperial Trading Post

BOLD RED indicates a set I've never ever had before.

My list of pirate sets:

1464 Pirate Lookout

1733 Shipwrecked Pirate

1747 Pirate Treasure Surprise

1788 Pirate's Chest

6232 Skeleton Crew

6234 Renegade's Raft

6236 King Kahuka

6237 Pirate's Plunder

6244 Armada Sentry

6246 Crocodile Cage

6247 Bounty Boat

6248 Volcano Island

6252 Sea Mates

6256 Islander Catamaran

6258 Smuggler's Shanty

6261 Raft Raiders

6262 King Kahuka's Throne

6264 Forbidden Cove

6268 Renegade Runner

6278 Enchanted Island

6279 Skull Island

6296 Shipwreck Island

Those are my Pirate sets, of some of the smaller ones I have duplicates, but I don't know what ones, so I didn't list them here.

Unfortunately I don't have any sets from the pirates theme. But I am an upcoming beliver. Soon I'll spend more than too much money on getting pirates. I have seen the light and will join the true theme.... *satis*

KimT

Unfortunately I don't have any sets from the pirates theme. But I am an upcoming beliver. Soon I'll spend more than too much money on getting pirates. I have seen the light and will join the true theme.... *satis*

KimT

See, you'd figure Mister Phes would be saying something like this, rather than chewing me out for buying a pirate set...

Akkh

Why would I say I don't have any pirate sets when I've almost got all of them?

I was referring to you perhaps celebrating that someone else decided to pursue the Pirate Line as opposed to lamenting the loss of a MISB item.

Akkh

As I'm quite evil Perhaps I'd prefer those who intend to open MISB Pirate sets not to buy them. :^D Not until I acquire at least one of each. Otherwise I'd be really annoyed that others prevented me from preserving piece of LEGO history.

Well that's the main thing! Best of luck procuring more sets... Even if they're the increasing endangered MISB sets...

Just a little backstory:

When I was 1 the Pirate line came out. As I got older I realized how much I wanted everything from El Dorado Fortress to the Black Seas Barracuda. But, 5 year olds don't score too well in the money department. Anyway. Eventually I got a few sets, but as I was privvy to more and more money... there were less and less Pirate sets. I was not able to really collect them until after I moved to Canada from Scotland in 1995. Then I discovered eBay. In 5 months and after about $800, I got to where I am now. But I'm not stopping there... Here's my collection:

1729 Barnacle Bay

1747 Pirate's Treasure Surprise

1723 Value Set featuring Imperial Cannon

6232 Skeleton Crew

6237 Pirate's Plunder

6245 Harbour Sentry

6246 Crocodile Cage

6247 Bounty Boat

6249 Pirate's Ambush

6259 Broadside's Brig

6263 Imperial Outpost

6265 Sabre Island

6266 Cannon Cove

6267 Lagoon Lock-up

6271 Imperial Flagship

6274 Caribbean Clipper

6276 El Dorado Fortress

6277 Imperial Trading Post

6289 Red Beard Runner

That's it for now....

Errr... I can't! Because I've changed the settings so each page displays the maximum amount of posts possible. Therefore I have less pages. So now I'm gonna have to scroll back up.

Feel free to add a completely new list to the end of the thread each time you update it. For you see, I'm lazy.

That's fine by me:

1747 Pirates Treasure Surprise

6232 Skeleton Crew (about 10 of them)

6234 Renegade's Raft

6235 Buried Treasure (2 of them, I think)

6245 Harbor Sentry (2 or 3 of them, not sure)

6246 Crocodile Cage

6247 Bounty Boat (2 of them, I think)

6251 Pirate Mini Figures (1 or 2)

6252 Sea Mates

6257 Castaway's Raft

6258 Smuggler's Shanty

6260 Shipwreck Island

6259 Broadside's Brig

6263 Imperial Outpost

6266 Cannon Cove (2 of them)

6267 Lagoon Lock-up

6268 Renegade Runner (2 of them)

6271 Imperial Flagship (2 of them, but one without sails)

6274 Caribbean Clipper (2 of them)

6276 Eldorado Fortress

6280 Armada Flagship

6285 Black Seas Barracuda (3 of them)

6289 Red Beard Runner

6296 Shipwreck Island

Yes, that's much better. Now I don't have to scroll and scroll and scroll...

You've got a nice collection coming along there but you definitely need more!

Do you have the box for your 1747 Pirates Treasure Surprise?