G,day everyone. I've decided to enter this competition with a Technic concrete truck. All I have at the moment is a piece of paper saying build a truck.

The functions will be:

1. Servo motor for steering
  2. L motor for drive
  3. L motor for mixing bowl
  4. M motor for either a small actuator or pneumatics for the raising and lowering of the chute.

Now for the wish list.

Rear suspension will hopefully be Hendrickson bolster spring, twin steer so it will be an 8x4, based on the Kenworth K200 and model team size for the challenge to cram it all in there. All going well the bowl will work as to the real thing. As a guess proportion wise the truck will be 45 studs long, 17 wide and from 19 to 30 high with the bowl. Which should make the bowl 27 to 30 studs long and 17 wide. I used some beams connected together looking at a pic of the eight wheeler concrete truck I used to drive with Boral. It had a bowl capacity of 8.5 t but I think that might crush this little truck. Will make 2-3 removable chute extensions and possibly a fake 3 cylinder motor, opening doors and tilting cab. Its all in my head as I ramble on so better stop that and start doing before the functions get bigger then the truck.

I've created one half of the outside of the bowl with beams and currently figuring out the spiral fins on the inside and how to fill in the gaps.Will have a pics ready tomorrow of my progress so far. The bowl is 15 x 27 studs and the rear opening is 9 studs wide. Has 8 sections to make it round.

You've got your work cut out to make this in time. A cement truck is a challenging one. Look forward to it.

H

Here is my first update or should I say last nights attempt.

This shows 2 chute extensions, the front nose of the cab and front half of the chassis.

16431407515_02bda69bd4_z.jpg

Here is my moc of the bowl and the 2 chutes together and then just a couple of extra views of the bowl.

16405431906_89fe537c04_z.jpg

16431413545_efc2018c20_z.jpg

16243757238_7a3459559b_z.jpg

Great idea, and nice work so far.

You might want to take a look at this one for some ideas.

10600651_788302971229198_3026805749283086686_n.jpg?oh=540117da75478a7ce3583a8eeaba0b7c&oe=5566FC43

Great build on the truck, I like the green pickup truck on your page. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Have made the hendricson bolster spring suspension with drive to both axles and completed the motor and drive on the a frame mount for the bowl, will have more pics soon.

This pic shows possible IR receivers or sbrick location.

16255104207_a1d19e8873_z.jpg

This shows the hendrickson bolster spring setup. The flexible rubber axle connector acts as the cushion for the travel.

15818502874_43b9c76513.jpg

Bowl connected and suspension travel.

16415044566_5b759ebf78.jpg

CUte but there is a big problem: it's out of scale! Those wheels are too small in relation with the mixer...or the mixer it's too big compared to the wheels....you chose!

Nevertheless looks so nice and cute! clean aswell...so i like it!

WOW, that looks great, especailly for the size, very compact, love it. You are out of scale, but that is not the biggest concern