Here's another picture in my LEGO history book. Ok.. not really a book, but some sort of booklet it could be for sure.

At year 2011 I already had quite decent white brick collection and I wanted to see - how curvy I can go. So I looked for one of the craziest and curviest rare supercars I could find. This British beauty turned up in the google image search - so, let's build it.

5873281845_4f37474df7.jpg

The side intakes and the small increase to the rear turned out quite good, I think. Take a close look - it is not increase by one plate heigh. It is by half plate heigh. It's quite tricky, but have never failed me since then. Whenever I have enough room to make it for the slight window side line increase - I do it.

5873280879_3a22f6b3a5.jpg

I don't remember now, but I think this is more or less one of the first models I started to use blueprints and LEGO-grid to stick to the scale 1 : 15. If you want more info about that method - just let me know.

5873283183_7e8b7a5c38.jpg

Of course - apart from curvy exterior if features some funcion too. Doors open, trunk, hood - all three open too. Yea.. this one is middle engine supercar - therefore the engine cover is separate from the trunk lid which has a speak spoiler installed to. I'm really proud of the door-window frame and how strong the roof turned out. It could support it's own weight without any damage.

As always - link to the flicker album:

Hope you like it

Cheers.

Instantly recognisable. I don't know how you build it but I'm soooooo very glad you did. It's astonishing!

I remember this marvelous creation from before! I was blown away! Those curves, lines and overall look...wow. Did anyone here happen to play Jaguar game on Amiga 500 maybe? That was one of my favorites, and I learned a lot about XJ220 back then. Sry for offtopic.

Thanks Jeroen Ottens, sure that's the plan.

Thanks grum64

Thanks Rishab N , but I'm sure - the best is yet to come :)

No prob. Milan. Every triggered memory is a compliment to my work. Thanks.

That is a thing of beauty..! Well Done..! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Did anyone here happen to play Jaguar game on Amiga 500 maybe?

I remember the first game that I ever played with the XJ220 was Need for Speed 2... It was the fastest car in the game.. Well except for the secret car... :wink:

Awesome car, I still laugh when I remember the face of Richard Hamond driving a ford transit with a XJ220 engine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

I still laugh when I remember the face of Richard Hamond driving a ford transit with a XJ220 engine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Hahahahahaha.... I haven't seen the episode, but it does sound hillarious already. Do you have a youtube link or something??

WOW, this model is simply awesome! :thumbup: I can also remember this Jaguar from Need for Speed 2 even it wasn't my favorite car. It's unbelievable how many details you've made in such a small scale.

On 5:22 the drag race starts.

Oh my..... that's just ..... oh my... I can't stop laughing (and eventually waking up my kids....)... woow... uuhh..

Wow you are really good with capturing the forms of the things you build!

I really love your Scania T so much that i'm trying to reverse build it, but it's really hard!

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Good luck Lundgren. Do you want to know that I have fully made it RC ? It uses 8 functions, meaning - I take all 4x2 channels to operate it. Took more than year to finish it. I even now I think how to improve it all. Buuut.. that's an other topic to chat about :)

You just have to start a topic about your Scania! I think more people than me will be amazed by it!

And use lots of photos! ;)

(Ps) I also love your volvo! (Ds)