Sign in to follow this  
BrickSev

"Sheriff Corps" (A Wild West Army)

Life in the Wild Brick West is not easy and keeping order is even more difficult.

It's not like in Lego City where a couple of megaphones and torchlights are enough to warrant the law to prevail.

In the Wild Brick West if you want to protect honest citizens from brick bandits, stud robbers and outlaw Minifigures you need…

The Sheriff Brick Corps

This is a very small army, actually it's more a "unit" than an army but since it's rare to see the Wild West setting in the Lego universe I decided to share this little project with you :wink:

Also, I don't know if this is the right place. I know there is a topic about Castle armies but nothing about Wild West "armies" so I decided to post a new topic.

Anyway let me know what you think about this project. Comments are always welcome :classic:

I like it - definitely out of the box thinking... might not get the love it deserves as I don't *think* wild west is as popular as fantasy etc but still good... I can imagine a posse off to chase some stud robbing bandits!

In terms of improvement... perhaps there could be some different coloured hats / guns... or the odd trouser or top maybe... so that they are all similar but slightly tweaked - not sure how "uniform" clothing would be in the wild west.. but a great group of minifigs and a great idea none the less!

Much love

D

I like it - definitely out of the box thinking... might not get the love it deserves as I don't *think* wild west is as popular as fantasy etc but still good... I can imagine a posse off to chase some stud robbing bandits!

In terms of improvement... perhaps there could be some different coloured hats / guns... or the odd trouser or top maybe... so that they are all similar but slightly tweaked - not sure how "uniform" clothing would be in the wild west.. but a great group of minifigs and a great idea none the less!

Much love

D

Thanks for your words :classic:

I know Wild West is not very popular, even I never thought to do projects in that setting but when I got those 8 Sheriffs from my two Series 13 boxes I decided to make something "useful" out of them :wink:

As for the improvements: due to the lack of popularity and available parts the options are very limited, unless I make a Western/Sci-Fi hybrid (which is not a bad idea) and use some futuristic weapons and equipment :classic:

I also wanted to prove how Series 13 is great for army building. This is just "part 1" :wink:

A part the obvious choices (Goblin, Galaxy and Alien Trooper) even a Minifigure like the Sheriff can offer good army building capabilities.

I considered the idea to chance the leg pieces (I wanted to keep the torso for the badge, of course) but that printed holster is an amazing detail and beside the "uniform" part can be interesting. After all in this case, they are a "Corps" not a group of "lone wolves".

I can make some other customization. I do plan to do it and compare the results.

Series 13 is indeed a great series for army building. I made the "Sheriff Corps" in less than 20 minutes. Even with few resources and time this series gives us many army building capabilities :classic:

I might have been more critical (especially of the mustache turned backwards for a handkerchief) if it wasn't for the obvious constraint of only using Series 13 pieces. I bought quite a bit of Lone Ranger sets (especially four Calvary Army Builder sets) even though I don't have any plans for a Western MOC. I just want them in case I do.

This strikes me as a how to add variation on the Sheriff using only those parts. I would hate to have that many. I am decent at the feel method so I only have one Sherrif. Sadly, I ended up with two Lady Cyclops when I wanted none.

I might have been more critical (especially of the mustache turned backwards for a handkerchief) if it wasn't for the obvious constraint of only using Series 13 pieces. I bought quite a bit of Lone Ranger sets (especially four Calvary Army Builder sets) even though I don't have any plans for a Western MOC. I just want them in case I do.

This strikes me as a how to add variation on the Sheriff using only those parts. I would hate to have that many. I am decent at the feel method so I only have one Sherrif. Sadly, I ended up with two Lady Cyclops when I wanted none.

Well my intention was to use ONLY Series 13 parts for the reasons I mentioned above :wink: (I didn't resist and used the old Imperial Guards Admiral headpiece, though)

As for the Lone Ranger sets: I don't have those sets and I can't find them at a reasonable cost. Honestly I don't want to spend 50/60€ for 5 Western Minifigures :wink:

The mustache turned backwards was made just for fun then I saw it looked bad but not that bad lol so I kept it.

This was just a little idea, turned into a project with limited resources, just to make something curious and to show we can use those duplicates we got in our bags :classic:

A very nice army and creative use of the CMF Sheriff :classic:

I'm definitely considering buying some of the Sheriffs now, too.

Great work! :sweet:

A very nice army and creative use of the CMF Sheriff :classic:

I'm definitely considering buying some of the Sheriffs now, too.

Great work! :sweet:

Thank you very much. If you are willing to "borrow" parts from other Minifigures in your collection you can achieve even more diversity :classic:

Duplicates are inevitable and so I decided to make a use of them, instead of letting them unused in some box :wink:

I'm glad you liked it. I have other of these "ideas" regarding army building from Series 13 and several of them are indeed related to historic themes :classic:

I got an idea! What do you think about using The Lego Movie set 70800 to add some variety to the "Sheriff Corps"?

The grey "hands" can represent gloves and the robot headpieces can be replaced with "human" ones.

What do you think? The set also give us a horse (which I'm lacking after I lost my old Castle sets) It has a reasonable cost and could be easily bought multiple times.

Not huge investment, still available and with nice options. Just an idea I had :classic:

I got an idea! What do you think about using The Lego Movie set 70800 to add some variety to the "Sheriff Corps"?

The grey "hands" can represent gloves and the robot headpieces can be replaced with "human" ones.

What do you think? The set also give us a horse (which I'm lacking after I lost my old Castle sets) It has a reasonable cost and could be easily bought multiple times.

Not huge investment, still available and with nice options. Just an idea I had :classic:

Sounds like a great idea buddy. Love this little project. When I clicked on it, I couldn't help but hear the Bad Boys theme in my head. XD

Sounds like a great idea buddy. Love this little project. When I clicked on it, I couldn't help but hear the Bad Boys theme in my head. XD

Thank you very much for your words. Reading such comments really motivates me.

I'm glad you like it :classic:

I suddenly remembered of that set and I thought it could be a nice way to expand this little project and add some variety. The set is also an "affordable" one and each comes with 2 "Sheriff" Minifigures and a horse: not bad :wink:

Once the headpieces have been replaced they should look nice Sheriff Minifigures. I know I'll get some redundant Emmet Minifigure and a lot of Robot heads but the latter can be easily used for other projects :classic:

Really like your Sheriff Corps. It reminds me a bit of a Doctor Who episode in the wild west with some aliens chasing eachother. Combine this with some back-to-the-future elements and, voilà, there you have a fantasy/ SiFi environment.

I think the uniforms really contribute the Corps-idea. Afterall, one must be able to distinct your fellow sheriffs in combat with gunsmoke and dustclouds!

Do go on.

Really like your Sheriff Corps. It reminds me a bit of a Doctor Who episode in the wild west with some aliens chasing eachother. Combine this with some back-to-the-future elements and, voilà, there you have a fantasy/ SiFi environment.

I think the uniforms really contribute the Corps-idea. Afterall, one must be able to distinct your fellow sheriffs in combat with gunsmoke and dustclouds!

Do go on.

Thank you very much :classic:

I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan and I love fantasy/Sci-Fi themes ( like in Stargate )

Honestly I thought about doing a hybrid Sci-Fi fantasy but since I nearly always do Sci-Fi and fantasy settings I decided to make a traditional one.

The Sheriffs will be back in several other projects.

Now that I think about "Space Sheriffs" I remember when I was a kid a sort of "toy franchising" about a Sheriff in a futurist context. It was a quite "raw" example of "Space Western": just western dressed characters and some high tech.

I didn't own any of those toys but I remember I once got a notebook with images from the franchise. I can't remember the name but I still have those memories :wink:

I see you just joined: welcome to the community. It's a wonderful place for any AFOL :classic:

That LEGO movie set would give you some more variety of torso in your Sheriff Corp as well.

My favorite Space Western was the Galaxy Rangers.

I think that set could really improve the variety ( not just torsos but even hats, legs pieces and it also provides horses :wink: )

I don't remember if it was that series. I was born in 1985 so I was very young. It looks a very cool Space Western. I'll give a more detailed look to see if it was exactly the one I was thinking about :classic: