jodawill

CHECK YOUR S@H STATEMENTS! Lego is charging extra after orders are

So you probably contacted Customer Service before complaining here. What was their response?

He said most of the people who are blacklisted abuse their services in other ways, like requesting too many replacement parts.

What does that mean exactly? Claiming missing or damaged parts in a new set? (ie. asking for free replacements)

Or attempting to buy too many parts via Bricks & Pieces?

Either way, TLG always has the ability to just say no. I'm surprised they'd use that as a trigger for blacklisting.

Thanks for sharing. I just checked my invoices in my email and my bank account. They also split the order into different amounts, but it totals the same as the original invoice they emailed me. I'm assuming you are saying, the actual invoice from the LEGO website to compare against instead of what they emailed us?

Although it does show the shako was 0.54 instead of the 0.39 on my emailed invoice...odd that that particular piece jumps up.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Thanks for sharing. I just checked my invoices in my email and my bank account. They also split the order into different amounts, but it totals the same as the original invoice they emailed me. I'm assuming you are saying, the actual invoice from the LEGO website to compare against instead of what they emailed us?

Although it does show the shako was 0.54 instead of the 0.39 on my emailed invoice...odd that that particular piece jumps up.

They will often charge the base price and tax separately - I notice this on every order. Also if the order comes in two parcels (if you buy anything else that is not replacement parts), they will split it and make two charges.

Edited by MAB

That's not what happened to my orders. The invoice shows that they raised the price of the shako by 15¢, and the amount I was charged the second time was that difference.

I looked at the invoice again the other day, and I noticed they charged me an extra $1.07 that wasn't listed on the invoice at all. There's something really screwy about their billing system. It's about as messed up as the S@H website. They really need to hire better programmers.

I wasn't replying to you. I replied to TheLegoDr who said "They also split the order into different amounts, but it totals the same as the original invoice they emailed me". The split is usually down to base price, then tax.

Well, I looked over all of my findings with the invoice I had originally and compared it to the website and I had a handful of pieces that were overcharged. I contacted them and they passed it off as saying their prices fluctuate all of the time, even though I gave reference to what I paid and what the website says. They ended up giving me 100 VIP points instead of my money back. Technically I came out ahead since I was only outed a couple of dollars and now I have $5 reward to spend, but sometimes you just prefer the cash.

The shako was recently taken out of their inventory also. I bought a handful of them originally, then went back to order more and it was gone. It has since been put back into the system. I know it was gone because I used the ID number directly and it said none found..very peculiar. Maybe they had enough complaints? I don't know how removing it and putting it back in would change anything though.

Edited by TheLegoDr

This happened to me too. I bought Battle for Ninjago City in October and they charged me three times! It was ridiculous, but they refunded me the overcharges after I complained.