TheBrickPal

LEGO Marvel's Avengers Video Game Discussion

I'd say it'll include all the MCU characters (and everyone Marvel Studios has the rights to) as well as Spider-Man and the characters from Ultimate Spider-Man (which is likely the only reason Marvel isn't putting a harsh ban on Web-head, too). I'd like to see the guys from Agents of SHIELD, and the majority of the heroes and villains from the upcoming Netflix shows. (Purple Man minifig??)

I don't know that they're gonna blend in that much from outside what is already fully realized in the marvel cinematic universe. I mean the film cast for everything (even if they don't portray story from every film, I'm sure they'll fill up on characters from them) rivals any of the other film series based Lego game, and will have a nice style of belonging in the same universe.

I don't think Tt wants to handle cinematic redesign of anybody when real redesigns are gonna come up and embarrass their efforts... then again, skipping the popularly-demanded captain marvel and black panther might cause an uproar, and their comics costumes are modernly detailed enough to hold their own alongside movie costumes... I dunno. But I don't think the Spiderman content is likely.

So lets see, Disney's officially using, but hasn't publicized designs for:

Captain Marvel

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones

Black Bolt, Medusa, Etc (assumed on particular characters, but Inhumans)

and some associated characters (Kingpin definitely showed up in the Daredevil teaser this morning)

Has rights to but hasn't opted to use yet (at least that we know of):

Ghost Rider

Punisher

Blade

Elektra

She-Hulk

unseen associated villains/allies/supporting cast for any current avengers

endless others

Actual high profile marvel characters who have shown up only in Agents of Shield:

Victoria Hand (playable character status in lego games always makes me feel better about untimely demises)

Okay wait here's an aside: It goes without saying, but I'm pausing to re-appreciate just how much joy is in playing Lego Star Wars (and subsequently other Lego movie-series-based games) freeplay! Playing people who've kicked it or have no business in the time or place they're in feels so good! Playing as any character you encounter - what? How is it possible? It's still too good to be true! #BooooNeverJabba

Deathlok

More characters I really like on the show but can't speak for their comics presence.

Oh my God!

What if we get another amazing synergy moment like throwing a bonus Indiana Jones into Lego Star Wars and they give us...

A preview Star Wars VII character or two to play with in free play!

Think about it! Huge property for Disney, Lego, and Travellers Tales, and it's a bit premature for content to populate a fresh Lego Star Wars entry on its own. And the character abilities are always already built into the gameplay, just called different names.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Black Panther

black-panther-art-720x1107.jpg

I could see them having the main game, then doing a bonus DLC for each Netflix show. They could do it just like the DLCs for LB3. I'm not thinking that AoS will make it into the game besides maybe their characters showing up, but these other heroes definitely could. :thumbup:

I figured Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc. would just be unlockables, same with the Agents of SHIELD crew, but a DLC pack for the Defenders would make a lot of sense. I doubt the AoS guys could justify a DLC pack, though, but would be pretty good as unlockable characters. If Aunt May, Gwen Stacy, and any number of Henchman can get a slot, why not these guys?

I don't know that they're gonna blend in that much from outside what is already fully realized in the marvel cinematic universe. I mean the film cast for everything (even if they don't portray story from every film, I'm sure they'll fill up on characters from them) rivals any of the other film series based Lego game, and will have a nice style of belonging in the same universe.

I don't think Tt wants to handle cinematic redesign of anybody when real redesigns are gonna come up and embarrass their efforts... then again, skipping the popularly-demanded captain marvel and black panther might cause an uproar, and their comics costumes are modernly detailed enough to hold their own alongside movie costumes... I dunno. But I don't think the Spiderman content is likely.

Captain Marvel

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones

Black Bolt, Medusa, Etc (assumed on particular characters, but Inhumans)

and some associated characters (Kingpin definitely showed up in the Daredevil teaser this morning)

Has rights to but hasn't opted to use yet (at least that we know of):

Ghost Rider

Punisher

Blade

Elektra

She-Hulk

unseen associated villains/allies/supporting cast for any current avengers

endless others

Actual high profile marvel characters who have shown up only in Agents of Shield:

Victoria Hand (playable character status in lego games always makes me feel better about untimely demises)

Okay wait here's an aside: It goes without saying, but I'm pausing to re-appreciate just how much joy is in playing Lego Star Wars (and subsequently other Lego movie-series-based games) freeplay! Playing people who've kicked it or have no business in the time or place they're in feels so good! Playing as any character you encounter - what? How is it possible? It's still too good to be true! #BooooNeverJabba

Deathlok

More characters I really like on the show but can't speak for their comics presence.

I'd say they'd just use their traditional designs from Lego Marvel as far as the unproduced characters.

Don't forget Absorbing Man!

A preview Star Wars VII character or two to play with in free play!

I doubt this. Chances are, if we see a Star Wars character (Which I doubt we will), It'll be Ezra from Rebels, if we get two, it'll have Kanan Jarrus and Ezra...

But I doubt it.

They wouldn't let any Episode VII stuff out before the wide release of the movie, or at least the sets. They're gonna keep that stuff locked up tight, and featuring it in an unrelated video game (especially a LEGO video game, after the fiasco with the first Avengers sets and the Chitauri) is the last thing they would do.

I think all the classic comic style characters and stuff like that would playable as minikits like lego Star Wars III. That'd be a good way to incorporate them into a movie based game

So do you think Spider-Man's going to be in this?

Yes, considering he makes up about half of Legos revenue.

So do you think Spider-Man's going to be in this?

Also, since that Marvel/Sony deal just went swimmingly, that would help. How important a role he'll play in the plot is another question, which will be irrelevant to the Marvel/Sony deal.

Also, since that Marvel/Sony deal just went swimmingly, that would help. How important a role he'll play in the plot is another question, which will be irrelevant to the Marvel/Sony deal.

Probably nothing in the plot because it's based on the 2 avengers films.

well, if they only do the 2 Avengers movies, that is 10 levels in total if they follow the Lego Star Wars level layout of 5 levels per movie.

Actually thats the layout of POTC

I saw big hero 6 recently and I think it would work very well as a Dlc pack.

DLC for GoGo Tamago, Honey Lemon, Wasabi no Ginger, Fredzilla, and Youkai. How about could Hiro and Baymax should be in this game as a third-party character rather than DLC?

I'm really hoping this game is Marvel Superheroes centred opposed to a Avengers centric game that focuses exclusively on the source material.

I wouldn't mind it being focused around the Avengers but I don't want it to be us playing through the movies. We already did some of that in the last game. Why not just make fun new stories that are Avengers centric? I also second Big Hero 6 DLC! I'd love to play as the team. Go-go would be really fun especially since they should be integrating super speed into this game with Quicksilver.

Wouldn't the game be based on all the movies up to Avengers 2?

Like 3 levels/ movie --> 33 levels?

I just can't wait to play as Quicksilver, i hope it will be just like the Flash.

This game is going to be EPIC

Other characters we may see:

* Moon Knight (Have heard he's getting a netflix show)

* Ghost Rider (rights are back, Nic Cage to voice him please :wub: )

* Venom

* Black Bolt?

But all of those where in the first game? I'd like some freshies now. For example my friend would love to see Nightcrawler. I'd love Vision Scarlet Witch, Ultron and off course Quicksilver! a game based around the 2 Avenger movies? count me in!

Also the new Guardians look would be nice

July 2015, after Lego Jurassic World comes out

Then!? D:

Owh lawd, wait... Lego Marvel 1 was released in October right? and the trailer was released around april wasn't it?

What if this is the same deal?

Then!? D:

Owh lawd, wait... Lego Marvel 1 was released in October right? and the trailer was released around april wasn't it?

Then!? D:

I expect it to be after the wide release of the film