So i ordered the Helicarrier as soon as it was available and usually when I order things from Lego on Monday or Tuesday they ship right away, but it has been 2 days and still says In Warehouse is anyone else having this problem? Also I ordered it before the Winter Solider mini figure add on was announced so does that mean I don't get it?

I'd say that anything coming out of their EOR distribution center near Memphis might possibly be subject to a weather delay this week. If your order doesn't show getting the minifig add on, I'd call their customer service for clarification. Also, I've had orders show 'in warehouse' for a day or two.

Building the rotors was interesting, but building 4 of anything that large and complex does tend to drag. Each rotor had it's own set of numbered bags.

I dug out my Tente vehicles from my 80's aircraft carrier and couldn't be happier with the results. I also snapped a pic so you guys could get a sense of the scale of this beast.

IMAG1269_zpsl3jm7mog.jpg

IMAG1267_zps5tyr2myx.jpg

Building the rotors was interesting, but building 4 of anything that large and complex does tend to drag. Each rotor had it's own set of numbered bags.

The rotors definitely became repetitivly boring for me as well. To make matters worse, I didn't line up the rotors evenly the first time so had to dismantle the mechanisms and rebuild them so they all line up perfectly. OCD at its worst.

I'm going to bring some positivity to hellicarrier chat!as much as I think may be slightly overpriced this is one set that I knew I had to have from moment I heard about it!when I saw it it did not disappoint!have started building this morning and I am loving it!

I own the deathstar so will post how I feel it compares when finished!

So I'm finished with the first two bags of the Helicarrier, and I thought I would share a few thoughts and questions. First, the printed runway tiles look great from a few feet away, but up close you can definitely tell the lines running down the length of the plate are wavy in spots. Also, the lines don't run truly parallel across the plate. I don't know if this will affect the model's final look, since between the printed plates there appear to be gaps where you have to apply stickers :thumbdown: That might help make it less obvious that the lines don't match up perfectly (still hate stickers though).

I uploaded a pic to show what I mean -> http://imgur.com/uIFNnAF

Two questions:

• Why would Lego have trouble printing straight lines, and lining them up properly on the tiles? Have they had issues like this with other items? Could it have to do with the plates flexing slightly due to temperature fluctuations?
  • Instead of a plastic bag sealed with tape to hold the instructions like I normally see, it was a sealed bag this time. The sealed bag had a sticker with a 7 digit number on it. Any one know what that number represents? I've not seen that before in other sets I have bought. I can get a picture if this isn't clear.

I'd say that anything coming out of their EOR distribution center near Memphis might possibly be subject to a weather delay this week. If your order doesn't show getting the minifig add on, I'd call their customer service for clarification. Also, I've had orders show 'in warehouse' for a day or two.

Alright thanks will definitely try calling. Before I do, is the promo just for Europe? or is it for the U.S. as well because the promo page says it just applies to Europe and when I put another one in my cart to see if the Winter Soldier would show up, he didn't.

Alright thanks will definitely try calling. Before I do, is the promo just for Europe? or is it for the U.S. as well because the promo page says it just applies to Europe and when I put another one in my cart to see if the Winter Soldier would show up, he didn't.

Sorry, don't know about the promo, but it sounds like you might have answered your own question.

The Winter Soldier figure is the icing on the cake - as he comes free with the purchase I'm including him as part of the set. Features arm printing and even side leg printing, very nice!

So i ordered myself one of these to act as the light wire and M-motor for the set (that will work right?) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371260814230?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT , But finding 88000 for a reasonable price is becoming difficult, Any ideas? And once i have one of them thats it right? :classic: Sorry for being awkward, I like to consider my knowledge of marvel fairly good but my Power functions knowledge is useless :grin: .

Edited by The Joker1

So i ordered myself one of these to act as the light wire and M-motor for the set (that will work right?) http://www.ebay.co.u...TRK:MEBIDX:IT��, But finding 88000 for a reasonable price is becoming difficult, Any ideas? And once i have one of them thats it right? :classic: Sorry for being awkward, I like to consider my knowledge of marvel fairly good but my Power functions knowledge is useless :grin: .

I ordered my 88000 from Amazon.com a few day ago. Its on its way to the UK

I have a question for those who had the chance to give a closer look the the Helicarrier (by watching review videos or anything) :wink:

I know the set is made in "micro-scale" but would be possible to use it as "setting" for standard Minifigures action (Brick comics or films, for example) without looking oddly off scale?

I'll try to explain a little better: If I use it as "setting" for Minifigures could it represent a "smaller version" of the Helicarrier or will the scene look silly?

I'm really interested in this set even for "collection/display" purposes but if I could use as "setting" for some Brick Comic etc I'll spend that money more gladly :classic:

Any info would really help me, so thank you very much :classic:

It seems it's only for Europe at the moment. This is from Lego UK site:

"Winter Soldier Minifigure (5002943) cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value Winter Soldier Minifigure (5002943) not available for purchase. Winter Soldier Minifigure (5002943) available for VIP Members in North America at a later date."

Finished. Took almost 10 hours spread over 3 days.

Here are the final completed pics with everything set up.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16586262832/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16560949936/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16585738811/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16399719078/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16586262402/

Thoughts....

What an amazing build. I completely understand those turned off by the absurd price tag, but for those willing to look past that, you won't be disappointed.

This thing is huge. Seriously huge once the front and upper runways are attached. I thought my Sea Cow was huge, but the sheer length of the hull and how rock solid it is quite a lego engineering feat. Due to the size, getting it on the stand can be hard. My advice is to practice with just the hull after bags number 4 so you kind of memorize how to line it up blindly, otherwise you may want someone to hold it while you insert the stand in the notches underneath. Best way to pick the thing up is with one hand underneath the rear where there is a lot of space for ones hand, and slightly tip the ship so you csn put your other hand under the front of the hull by the lower hull windows. If you grab it by the front of the ship's runway, the front section may pop off due to it being in place with just two blue pins.

As others have said, the deck control room should have been bigger.

I am really digging the micro figures. Thought they looked stupid in the promo pics but once you have them in your hand and see how they really give the Helicarrier the proper scale, you will have a better appreciation of the detail put into these micro figs. I wonder if Lego will let you order extra through their parts order page, if not will search for someone selling them to add more to the display.

Which brings me to the main control room. Very disappointing feature IMHO. Could have been more detailed as others have said with all of the extra room saved for the power functions. Getting the micro's in there was tough. Had to place them in and use a qtip to push them into place as my hand could not fit inside properly to place them where I wanted.

Rotors were a hassle. As mentioned before, it didn't occur to me to properly line them up prior to attaching. So when I saw how odd it looked to have them at different intervals of a clock... For instance one at 12 noon, another at 3, etc... I went back and aligned the gears properly so they rotate in sync.

In regards to the stickers, no one should not buy this over the use of stickers. The only one requiring any degree of skill is the display stand one as it is quite large and could easily bubble if you are not careful. The others (I think 18 in all) are fairly easy to apply compared to say the Milano.

My biggest complaint about the design would be the rear thrusters. They are not attached with pins like the rotors, instead with a big rotating socket hinge which easily falls off if you bump it.

Overall, very pleased and money well spent in my case. Wife did get annoyed as I kind of didn't mention I was buying it when i took the kids to the Lego store. Will have to wait a couple months prior to picking up the Quinjet without her complaining, but should time out well with getting the Winter Soldier promo in June.

Edited by Cmay91472

Finished. Took almost 10 hours spread over 3 nights.

https://m.flickr.com...08/16585493122/

https://m.flickr.com...08/16586178735/

Now all that's left is setting this up somewhere in the home theater. I'll post some final pics with it on its stand along with my final thoughts later tonight.

Hi, Any chance you can post a pic with the minifigures standing on the carrier? Just wanna see how our minifigures scale with it? thanks

Those white jets... they look surprisingly at home there, what with the contrast with the blacktop. I wanna look at those closer.

Hi, Any chance you can post a pic with the minifigures standing on the carrier? Just wanna see how our minifigures scale with it? thanks

One of the pics I posted (my quickly thrown together recreation of Cap and Iron Man repairing one of the rotors should give an accurate idea of scale. I didn't think of taking a closeup of some of the micros I have on the deck unfortunately.

I don't like how they make mini-minifigures because they just want to make more money. Who likes them? I still like the design.

I like the mini-minifigures a good deal. I'm actually hoping I can find somebody who only wants the carrier and doesn't want any of the figures, so that we can split the set up.

One of the pics I posted (my quickly thrown together recreation of Cap and Iron Man repairing one of the rotors should give an accurate idea of scale. I didn't think of taking a closeup of some of the micros I have on the deck unfortunately.

Sorry I meant our regular size lego figures :wink:

Those white jets... they look surprisingly at home there, what with the contrast with the blacktop. I wanna look at those closer.

Here you go. I also tossed some prop planes on for those interested in building a WWII carrier with these new plates.

IMAG1270_zpsfxyjxaep.jpg

IMAG1271_zpsxpvumxxg.jpg

IMAG1272_zpsvo3wfb9g.jpg

I have no regrets over spending the money. This set along with Slave I and R2 I never look at and question the value as I do with the Sandcrawler. Lego has given us a perfect base to build any carrier you want or with cosmetic changes, make the helicarrier of your dreams. I will certainly be rebuilding the ships super structure into something more model friendly since I believe the big glass piece is what throws the entire scale out of whack and makes it look toyish.

Sorry I meant our regular size lego figures :wink:

I'm very curious to see the "scale comparison" too. I haven't ordered the Helicarrier yet because I don't know if regular size Minifigures will look too much off scale.

I'm a collector so I like to display my Lego sets but I even love to create scenes (dioramas, brick comics etc) to tell a story and I fear regular Minifigures may just look "giants" compared to Helicarrier size :classic:

I'm very curious to see the "scale comparison" too. I haven't ordered the Helicarrier yet because I don't know if regular size Minifigures will look too much off scale.

I'm a collector so I like to display my Lego sets but I even love to create scenes (dioramas, brick comics etc) to tell a story and I fear regular Minifigures may just look "giants" compared to Helicarrier size :classic:

Trust me, they'd look as stupid as a minifigure standing on the outside of the latest Star Destroyer. You'd be better off taking the runway prints and building a minifig scale grey wall on your table for close up comic shots. The minifigs are as tall as any part of the structure on this ship.

Regular minifigures will definitely look way off scale and silly as it is currently configured. Modifying the upper flight deck control room to accommodate a figure or two without making it look like they are sitting in a Star Wars microfighter may do the trick. But the micro-minis is what really makes the overall appearance of the Hellicarrier so impressive scale wise. I'd like to pick up more of the Shield micros to add but the little bag they come in is being listed for insane prices currently on the usual secondary market purchase sites.

They need to continue this trend of nanofigs for future sets. They are perfect for the Star Wars universe and it's massive ships. Imagine the interior rooms you could design into a Star Destroyer at that scale. Hopefully we get a steady source for these figures in the future.