The fans should NOT all turn the same direction... Fans on the port side should turn one way, the fans on starboard the opposite. Otherwise the aircraft would begin to counter rotate, since there is no tail rotor like on a helicopter.

There doesnt need to be, there are propulsion engines.

And it is one fan that turns the wrong way, not two.

Ordered mine Thursday but still says in wear house ? I have seen no end for sale on eBay already and being sold in uk so I'm guessing you can buy it here already I dunno ? Confused anybody having same problem

I was surprised when I found out the local LEGO store where I picked up mine last Tuesday was already sold out of their shipment of 20 in less than a week. Glad I didn't wait until this past weekend to go to the store as I would have been SOL. As much as I hate snow days, in this instance it helped as the kids didn't have school last Tuesday so we all went once the roads were cleared instead of waiting til the weekend.

I am super tempted to put this on my wedding registry, but the future-wife may kill me.

Speaking from experience, you'll get a lot more use from Lego than you will from most of the stuff your wife put on the wedding registry. But, look at the wedding registry stuff as an investment. In a few years, you can sell a lot of it at a garage sale, take the proceeds and visit the lego store.

I really wish the horizontal 2x4 tiles on the runway had blast shield printing on them. Might need to see if the printed barricade plates could be used. Possibly functional ones.

Did you try putting on the printed barricade pieces on instead of the stickered tiles?

The more I look at them, the more annoyed I get due to the terrible printing on the large runway plates. Even with evenly applied stickered tiles, it's almost impossible to line up the runway lines. I don't think mine are too far off, but was curious to see if anyone had enough of the black/yellow barricade tiles (would need 16 in all) to see how it would then look with all printed pieces on the runway. The break up of the tiles would also eliminate the obvious printing flaws in areas where the stickered tiles meet the printed runway plates.

I did try using just plain unstickered black 2x4 smooth finishing tiles without stickers, but I felt it looked worse than having slightly uneven runway lines with the stickered tiles.

Did you try putting on the printed barricade pieces on instead of the stickered tiles?

The more I look at them, the more annoyed I get due to the terrible printing on the large runway plates. Even with evenly applied stickered tiles, it's almost impossible to line up the runway lines. I don't think mine are too far off, but was curious to see if anyone had enough of the black/yellow barricade tiles (would need 16 in all) to see how it would then look with all printed pieces on the runway. The break up of the tiles would also eliminate the obvious printing flaws in areas where the stickered tiles meet the printed runway plates.

I did try using just plain unstickered black 2x4 smooth finishing tiles without stickers, but I felt it looked worse than having slightly uneven runway lines with the stickered tiles.

I took one of the horizontal stickered plates out and used the remianing one to split 2 of the barricade plates. It makes your eyes not even notice those stickers now.

I took one of the horizontal stickered plates out and used the remianing one to split 2 of the barricade plates. It makes your eyes not even notice those stickers now.

Would you be able to post a picture? Would love to see how it looks.

Here you go. I might remove the front stickered plates, slide everything down towards the nose and then do the same design after the 2nd printed plate to give 2 launch points and hopefully conceal all the stickers.

IMAG1282_zpshnyvxhkt.jpg

Here is what I just came up with based off of your initial idea prior to seeing your picture (thanks for the idea of using the barrier plates)

Was able to eliminate all of the stickered 2x4 tiled pieces, make a continuos runway with the printed plates and still maintain the interior accesibility.

Overall, I'm much happier with the look having all printed pieces with a few trans light blue mixed in.

Finished Modification Photos

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16017912193/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16017912213/

Modification progress photos

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16450154189/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16016426233/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16429034017/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16634899251/

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128866203@N08/16637843615/

**** on a side note, when speaking with the lego parts order/replacement team, the printed runway plates AND micro mini figures should be available to purchase sometime in March after the general release of the Helicarrier so don't help out those greedy ebay scalpers.

Edited by Cmay91472

Got this today and well happy can't wait to build it :-) looked at how big the box was and was surprised how light it was lol.. Well compared to my Death Star and sandcrawler

This set is... difficult. I love the idea of using microfigs, and the build looks great IMO. But the price is ridiculous (not saying it's a bad value, just that it's tough for me to fork up that much money :grin:), and I feel like I'd have to do quite a few modifications to be satisfied with the set. I'd make it completely studless, and definitely change the ugly bridge/windshield section...

The more I see of this set, the more flaws I notice. :sceptic:

This set is... difficult. I love the idea of using microfigs, and the build looks great IMO. But the price is ridiculous (not saying it's a bad value, just that it's tough for me to fork up that much money :grin:), and I feel like I'd have to do quite a few modifications to be satisfied with the set. I'd make it completely studless, and definitely change the ugly bridge/windshield section...

The more I see of this set, the more flaws I notice. :sceptic:

I have mixed feelings about this set too. I also thought with that money I can buy a good number of the ned Marvel sets that will be released soon :classic:

Not sure if it really matters, but the Spring 2015 catalog has the Helicarrier taking up 2 full pages, right smack in the middle of the catalog.

Very surprised to see a full shelf of boxes of Helicarrier sets on the shelf in the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, Orlando today. No mention of the VIP exclusive, not sure if thats over now.

Very surprised to see a full shelf of boxes of Helicarrier sets on the shelf in the Lego Store at Downtown Disney, Orlando today. No mention of the VIP exclusive, not sure if thats over now.

Not sure how many people on vacation are going to want to pack that on a plane ride home or jam it in the back of their vehicle, but surprised nonetheless. The store by me (suburban Philadelphia) sold out of all 20 of their allotment within 5 days.

(...)

Also, warning when building this, don't follow the mechanism installation blindly, on building I noticed that the way they show to fit it, the fans would all be going different directions... So be aware.

Basic motions of a quad rotor can be described using the model of the following picture. The instruction of the LEGO model replicate this same physics principal. ;)

research-topic28-04.jpg

I've just joined Lego VIP for the sole purpose of getting this, it looks like a great build, I however have no space for something of this size, and that is a heck of a lot of money...bah!

I've just joined Lego VIP for the sole purpose of getting this, it looks like a great build, I however have no space for something of this size, and that is a heck of a lot of money...bah!

In any case joining the Lego VIP program is always a good idea. You get nice promotions, discounts and early releases :classic:

Milton keynes uk still had some. Told me that they had loads left.

Thats where I got mine. My wife went there at 8.15 expecting a crush like on New Years Day. at 9.20 she was still the only person there ! She wasnt impressed. Looks like we were a bit too cautious.

That doesnt mean I wont be there bright and early on 4th May for the TIe Fighter, just in case.

In any case joining the Lego VIP program is always a good idea. You get nice promotions, discounts and early releases :classic:

Yeah looks quite good - no idea why I have never signed up before! The Winter Soldier polybag is a decent promotion too - was amazed to see prices at around £30 on ebay!

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! Just purchased all the parts needed for PF ing the set, And not cheaply, The battery box turns on fine but when anythings plugged in to it the lights go off meaning nothing will function!!!!!!!! Any cure to this???

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! Just purchased all the parts needed for PF ing the set, And not cheaply, The battery box turns on fine but when anythings plugged in to it the lights go off meaning nothing will function!!!!!!!! Any cure to this???

You sure the motor can spin smoothly? Sounds like it may be jammed...