Trust me, they'd look as stupid as a minifigure standing on the outside of the latest Star Destroyer. You'd be better off taking the runway prints and building a minifig scale grey wall on your table for close up comic shots. The minifigs are as tall as any part of the structure on this ship.

It was my impression as well. Being as tall as any part of the structure is indeed too much off scale.

Thank you for the info :classic:

Regular minifigures will definitely look way off scale and silly as it is currently configured. Modifying the upper flight deck control room to accommodate a figure or two without making it look like they are sitting in a Star Wars microfighter may do the trick. But the micro-minis is what really makes the overall appearance of the Hellicarrier so impressive scale wise. I'd like to pick up more of the Shield micros to add but the little bag they come in is being listed for insane prices currently on the usual secondary market purchase sites.

I'm not currently I huge fan of the micro-figures. However since I only saw them in few photos I can't judge them. I think I'm too much "accustomed". Are the micro-figures becoming so expensive? How much? Just for the sake of curiosity :classic:

Would modifying the upper deck require a lot of work? I mean would I have to plan it during building or is the deck easily accessible (for modifications purposes) after the set as been assembled?

Thank you :classic:

Would modifying the upper deck require a lot of work? I mean would I have to plan it during building or is the deck easily accessible (for modifications purposes) after the set as been assembled?

Thank you :classic:

You could pop the very front deck and the upper angled deck off, build up the super structure into a minifig sized facade and then consider the whole set as just a sliver of the real thing for dios. Use the plates from the removed sections to double the width of the printed deck kinda like when I was playing around during the build.

IMAG1269_zpstqdirbse.jpg

Edited by pcsguy88

You could pop the very front deck and the upper angled deck off, build the up super structure into a minifig sized facade and then consider the whole set as just a sliver of the real thing for dios.

Thanks for the suggestion :classic:

There will be still the scale issue with the exterior. I do realize it would be very difficult to make a Minifigure-scale version of the Helicarrier :classic:

I thought the micro's looked really stupid in the promo pics, but once I had them in my hand and saw the detail, I really loved them.

Prices are insane for the micro's. They come packed in a little bag in the last number 12 bag. Two EBAY scalpers are currently asking for $100 U.S. dollars for the tiny bag.

I thought the micro's looked really stupid in the promo pics, but once I had them in my hand and saw the detail, I really loved them.

Prices are insane for the micro's. They come packed in a little bag in the last number 12 bag. Two EBAY scalpers are currently asking for $100 U.S. dollars for the tiny bag.

So it $100 for the all the Micro-figures or just for the "Shield agents" figures?

In any case it's really an insane price. I wonder if it will be the "market standard" or if those sellers are simply rising the prices because they are currently the only ones who are selling them.

Also I'm curious to see if someone bought them at that price :classic:

Finally finished, it took 4 relaxed evenings. I was either shorted a Shield agent or I managed to lose it in the shag rug within 30sec of pour them into a coaster. Those things are tiny!

With our normal figures being off scale with the carrier doesn't really bother me that much coz Im probably be modding mine to make it look like a bit chibi style, I just really wanna see them ,and what they look like so it makes it easier for me to justify dropping $350 for this set. :classic:

Edited by brickken

A cookie for anyone who combines 4 sets to make a massive scale helicarrier! XD

Something tells me t four may not be "massive enough" :wink:

Now if someone even makes an "usable" Minifigure-scaled interior with the "massive scale" Helicarrier they will be the Lego internet heroes of the year :classic:

Anyone got the motors for power function installed?

I've only just finished bag 2. Are instructions for how to include the power kit included, or do you have to work it out yourself ?

I have 2 of the 3 power items, and the third is on its way from Amazon, so they will be needed soon

I've only just finished bag 2. Are instructions for how to include the power kit included, or do you have to work it out yourself ?

I have 2 of the 3 power items, and the third is on its way from Amazon, so they will be needed soon

same story, wont be done for a bit and have motors on way, but if nobody does a vid or anything soon i will do one when the time comes that i can :classic:

The steps to add in the lights and power function are all the way at the end of the book and is fairly simple and straight forward. I borrowed both from a friend to test and quickly realized it was pretty useless in my situation and not worth buying my own power set. Problem is running the wires inside is exposed and ruins the look of the interior control room IMHO since the wires are exposed and with the motor, it was like "cool" but beyond just testing it out, when would I really ever turn it on ever again.

I really wish the horizontal 2x4 tiles on the runway had blast shield printing on them. Might need to see if the printed barricade plates could be used. Possibly functional ones.

Can someone confirm/deny whether Cap's haircolor is the same as Star Lord's, or a different shade?

It's the exact same piece.

The BrickShow has a vid of the Helicarrier with the power functions, check it out:

Can't wait to receive mine. Wondering what kind of things I can build around it. Any ideas already?

Added the power functions.

Simple cable management with left over Technic pegs.

16615946882_86cd9e68b4_c.jpg

LEGO 76042

Also, warning when building this, don't follow the mechanism installation blindly, on building I noticed that the way they show to fit it, the fans would all be going different directions... So be aware.

Added the power functions.

Simple cable management with left over Technic pegs.

LEGO 76042

Also, warning when building this, don't follow the mechanism installation blindly, on building I noticed that the way they show to fit it, the fans would all be going different directions... So be aware.

So printing mistake in the instructions or simply "bad angle" of the instructions' photo.

Anyway, thank you for the info.

I have still to decide whether buying the Helicarrier or using that money to buy a good number of the incoming Marvel sets :classic:

The fans should NOT all turn the same direction... Fans on the port side should turn one way, the fans on starboard the opposite. Otherwise the aircraft would begin to counter rotate, since there is no tail rotor like on a helicopter.