Does anyone know of Cap's head is unique?

Looks like it's from a Star Wars set (Phantom Menace Obi Wan has that same head. Not sure which set though).

Overall, the Helicarrier looks alright I guess. The interior is a big let down, but the exterior does look pretty nice. However, there are other sets around the price point of this that is rather get, so I think this is a pass for me.

So, everyone's disappointed that they got no Phil Coulson and Bruce Banner, there are too many studs showing, the non-Quinjet vehicles are tacky, and using trophies seemed to be a bad BAD move.

That out of the way, I love it. Absolutely. I mean, a printed flight deck (AT _______ LAST!!!), functioning rotors, an actually tastefully done control center, wedges and bows in the greys that will be sought-after...

Is there more space on that fence?

News of the day: Marcos finally built his first SHIP :grin:

And 4estFeller still did a better one.

Here's the front box art, everyone:

16208138320_a40646c514_c.jpg

Hmm... Can I build this set without the rotors and just have it as, well, a hypercarrier (or at least add armament on the main flight deck so it's a carrier/battleship hybrid)?

Edited by XAxles

What a great video-presentation by Marcos. :thumbup: One of the best I've seen.

And the tiny plane with the swept wings...and the micro fork lift. Genious

Microfig-scale interior? That's a dealbreaker. Sorry TLG, really great try, but no way. Especially at that price point. For that price, I expect Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johanssen to show up help me build it. My Avengers are goin' in the upcoming tower instead.

Edited by darththeling

Hmm looks good, a little bulky but not bad.

Not going to buy it because I don´t care too much for the whole Helicarrier thing, I find it nice they did something like the microfigures, I don´t think it is a bad idea.

The minifigures are awesome and those ones I could buy if they were sold as so.

Edited by Mencot

31 inches wow that sounds massive. Not really liking it tho. It seems a bit expensive for about 3000 pieces and is a bit cluttered. I like the possibility to add motors tho

I'm pretty disappointed. At this price point we should get more than 2.5 exclusive, new minifigures (Nick Fury is only half since we got him in a non-MCU version) and I don't like getting Black Widow and Hawkeye since we've already gotten/are getting them so many times. Yeah it's fitting that they're in there but I'd rather have Coulson, Bruce Banner or some Shield Agents.

Microfigs I don't care for. It looks like part of the runway is stickered, again shouldn't even be considered at this premium price range.

Well, I was expecting more UCS look than actual playset. This microscale is actually very good idea and I like the microfigures, yet the model suffers from some inlesses of standard playsets... I have this 'they could have done better' feeling although I'm not really sure what's wrong :) Still it's good model though. And for everyone who wonder about why no PF included - it's nearly 3k bricks and huge model. At least in USD I think the price is relevant.

Just a small (conspiracy :D) thought for those who are involved in LEGO Ideas - Remember Sandcrawler? Great UCS idea achieved support, got not approved and lego produced their new Sancrawler soon after. Now with helicarrier, there's exactly the same scenario... well just it hasn't been rejected yet but I think it's quite certain it will happen :)

I really like the set and the new micro figures. However, 350 € are way too much, especially when comparing this set to the recent Sandcrawler which had more parts for less money. Additionally, having to spend another 30 € on the power functions sounds like a bad joke.

Since I have the Star Wars Death Star and can see just how good Lego can be when they go really big, I'm just disappointed in this set. I understand that the whole thing can't be Minifigure scale, but the compromise was so well pulled off on the Death Star. Microfigures here look like a silly afterthought. And only five regular minifigures for the price is horrible - that Maria Hill I feel could be almost made from other parts once a shield agent figure comes out.

Overall, it's a pass.

Edited by Hawkman

I think it needs more minifigs. I agree with everyone that says it should include a Coulson or Bruce Banner. But I really feel bad for our Canadian and New Zealand friends because they are paying $400 for this thing. But this is really for the serious lego builders and for those short on cash you may need to take out a loan to buy this thing. On another note, statue minifigs? Perhaps a glimpse of things to come and is Lego really going the mighty max route.

The model looks a little underwhelming, but the minifigs are pretty nice, so I might have to Bricklink them. I do like the features and the microfigures are cute, but this is different than what I expected.

Being a some-what fan of superheroes, but obviously not as dedicated to it as most of you guys, I think the set is spectacular. I actually love the move to microfigures, and hope they can include them in other sets so they can do a better job on making larger buildings/ships to some scale. If you want something that works with minifigures, it would have to be the size of a dining room table. If you wanted something that was minifig scale, it would be the size of a school bus.

I realize people like the Ideas set better, but it's an impossible cost to implement.

There are two reasons I will not buy this set: price and size. I have nowhere to put it, and when I saw the piece count it was quite obvious it would be a $300 set... then when I saw the price I had to shake my head.

Though i do have to get one im a bit disappointed, that's 10188 death star money, and its not in the same league, It does look good and has some very nice features, but i would have wanted more, and been willing to pay a bit more for the privilege. Overall cool set anyway.

Being a some-what fan of superheroes, but obviously not as dedicated to it as most of you guys, I think the set is spectacular. I actually love the move to microfigures, and hope they can include them in other sets so they can do a better job on making larger buildings/ships to some scale. If you want something that works with minifigures, it would have to be the size of a dining room table. If you wanted something that was minifig scale, it would be the size of a school bus.

This is irrelevant, clearly this is about the same size as the Death Star and they did a great job at making it work with minifigures.

I think that this set looks really good. They had to make it smaller than the ideas project. The ideas project is enormous and would have cost like $5,000 US. Do any of you know if these figures are unique? I have been trying to keep a list of all of the new figures from the upcoming sets. I think we have about 100 new ones.

http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Unreleased-and-Prototype-Lego-Minifigures.html

Maria Hill is new and exclusive to the set. Nick Fury is a new Variant and so is cap (technically..) so they are also exclusives to the set. BW and Hawkeye are the same as in the new AoU sets so they are not unique.

Now, how long 'till someone buys three and builds some enormous diorama? I look forward to someone else doing it, seeing as I won't be able to afford one... :sceptic:

Still, the minifigures are great but their choices are a bit odd. Maria Hill (With arm printing!) is a big yes, but they could either have given us Bruce Banner, Coulson and Cap OR Black Widow, Cap, Falcon and Winter Soldier, but as it is it's not suited for recreating any scenes from either of the films, especially because of the (Albeit easily modded) rotor blade innacuracies and lack of a huge fishbowl on the bottom. :wink: