76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier

Ages 16+. 2,996 pieces.

US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £269.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build and display the huge SHIELD Helicarrier!

Take on the challenge of building this awesome LEGO® model of The SHIELD Helicarrier. Construct the flying aircraft carrier with 2 runways, microscale Quinjets, fighter jets and ground support vehicles. The set also comes with many of your favorite LEGO Marvel Super Heroes minifigures, plus 12 microfigures to display on deck and within the highly detailed interior. Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Nick Fury, Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye and Maria Hill, plus an iconic SHIELD eagle stand to display them on

• Features 3 microscale Quinjets, 3 fighter jets, a gasoline truck, 2 forklift trucks, 2 runways, 4 road blockades, armored exterior with translucent elements, detailed interior, plus 12 microfigures (Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man and 8 SHIELD agents)

• Also includes a detailed runway

• Weapons include Hawkeye’s bow, Black Widow’s gun and Captain America’s shield

• SHIELD Agent Maria Hill minifigure is new for spring 2015!

• Includes a plaque with facts about The SHIELD Helicarrier

• Add lights and spinning rotors to the Helicarrier with the 88000, 8883 and 8870 LEGO® Power Functions sets (sold separately)

• Rotors can also be turned manually

• Includes a display stand

• Helicarrier measures over 11” (29cm) high, 31” (80cm) long and 17” (45cm) wide

• Each Quinjet measures over 1” (3cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide

• Minifigure stand measures over 4” (12cm) high, and 2” (6cm deep) and 6” (16cm wide)

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

March 2015 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2015 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

TM & © 2015 Marvel & Subs.

Designer video:

011.jpg

016.jpg

008.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

033.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

001.jpg

028.jpg

002.jpg

030.jpg

003.jpg

027.jpg

004.jpg

031.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

006.jpg

032.jpg

015.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

025.jpg

Even though I have all Marvel sets, it's gonna be hard to finalize my purchase here...

Oooo. Nice pictures. Although I don't think they change my meh opinion on the set.

It seems a bit cluttered to me--the smooth runways don't mesh with the "studs everywhere" policy this set has. The back view looks nice---although I think for $350 I half expected the turbines to spin themselves--hand cranking is for the poor! :grin:

Hmm, It looks small to make great looking hellicarrier.But I hate euro=dollar .When I see this, I instantly ignore exclusive set.

Hmm, yeah.

I like the minifigures, but I think this will be a pass for me. Not that I dislike it, just not very excited about it.

At first glance, I was like "OH MY GOD *oh2*:cry_happy:" but after scrolling through the pictures and viewing them carefuly, I gotta say I'm a litlle disappointed by the size.

It would've been great if the room was playable with minifigs and not microfigs.

But that's not to say the idea of microfigs isn't great. I like how they give a feeling of things going on on the Helicarrier.

I'll probably still buy it.The set itself looks truly amazing in my opinion :wub:

Regards,

Mitch

That rotor mechanism is great. Do I spot the One Ring in Black for the car wheels? The trophies for the characters inside are cool, but the minfigures lack since they reuse faces. I never knew Wonder Woman joined SHIELD. I love how they made the control room windows underneath, too.

I don't think it is too hard to MOD in Power Functions to turn the turbine blades for when your hands get tired of crankkng. :classic:

Is the runway printed tiles? The set looks pretty good but beyond my budget.

A very nice set!

Just because someone has to complain: I think a Bruce Banner figure would have been more iconic than a Hawkeye one. Remember in the movie when the helicarrier takes off?

Edited by Artifex

I'm gonna guess that the winch in the back turns the turbines?

I don't think it is too hard to MOD in Power Functions to turn the turbine blades for when your hands get tired of crankkng. :classic:

From the official description:

• Add lights and spinning rotors to the Helicarrier with the 88000, 8883 and 8870 LEGO® Power Functions sets (sold separately)

So I guess the set is ready to be power functionnized :classic:

From the official description:

Add lights and spinning rotors to the Helicarrier with the 88000, 8883 and 8870 LEGO® Power Functions sets (sold separately)

So I guess the set is ready to be power functionnized :classic:

AWWW YEAH!!! Combine that with SBrick and...

That rotor mechanism is great. Do I spot the One Ring in Black for the car wheels? The trophies for the characters inside are cool, but the minfigures lack since they reuse faces. I never knew Wonder Woman joined SHIELD. I love how they made the control room windows underneath, too.

I think its just the black studs with holes, but I can't get a good view.

Edit: Just checked the video, it is just black studs with holes.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Pros;

- Looks fairly accurate

- Control room

- Nick Fury, Maria Hill exclusive figures

- Functions. The turning rotors are a nice addition that i didnt believe would be included

Cons;

- All the small vehicles. While one mini-quinjet might have been nice the rest of the small vehicles serve to add pieces and make the Helicarrier look cluttered.

- Hawkeye and Black Widow. Neither of these are my favourite figures and both Age Of Ultron based

- Microfigures. While i understand its in Microfigure scale, would have preferred an extra exclusive figure such as Agent Coulson or Bruce Banner rather than 12 microfigures

- Lack of Motor's + Light. The designer video talks about the possibility of adding them, yet they are not included. I feel they should have included them to justify the price

- Rotor's. Seem based on The Winter Soldier while the rest of the ship is based on Avengers (2012)

- Studs. The ship is covered with them, which is odd when the rest of the runaway is so smooth.

Overall;

A good set, but i cannot say that i am not disappointed in how it turned out. For the price i was expecting more exclusive figures rather than Microfigures. While the ship is nice it depends on whether i could get it on a Double VIP points day in order to knock some heat off the price.

Edited by Scarilian

I'm not all that familiar with the theme. But, as an outsider, it looks great to me. And, I'll buy any Lego product with this many pieces.............regardless of the theme.

Is this the first official set to hold tiles with clips? I was under the impression that this was an illegal technique, but it is utilized here in the control room screens and the barricades...

Hmm, I knew it wouldn't live up to everybody's expectations.

Does anyone know of Cap's head is unique?

Cap's head is Obi-wan's.