lightningtiger

MOC - Lego City Post Office (small)

I took inspiration from the new swamp police station to make a small post office to join my Octan gas station from last year......redoing Port Belair over again.

post_office_2015_98.jpgpost_office_2015_99.jpg

The idea was to keep things simple yet realistic......keep watching ! :wink:

Weird ...

Anyway, the post office is cute and I'd say just about the right size of the average post office in a rural town.

Weird ...

Anyway, the post office is cute and I'd say just about the right size of the average post office in a rural town.

Thanks 'Kristel', I have installed this on a road plate and will photograph hopefully tomorrow.

Plus can anyone make out 'warsch' statement......no where in those photos can you see anything to do with where I live......I agree......werid.

Keep watching !

Plus can anyone make out 'warsch' statement......no where in those photos can you see anything to do with where I live......I agree......weird

1st post... Maybe something has got very lost in translation!

Nice little PO - looking forward to some LT signature signage...

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

1st post... Some kind of odd spammer weirdo I think - or else something has got very lost in translation!

Nice little PO - looking forward to some LT signature signage...

Cheers

Rog

Yeah, some people eh 'rriggs' ? :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for your kind comment......there might be one sticker for the roof sign......maybe another but I'm trying to build a few non-NM with minimal stickering.

Planning a police station to go next door to the post office....those new swamp cops will come in handy.....keep watching ! :grin:

The idea was to keep things simple yet realistic......

We want more interior! :wink:

This is not the lightningtiger we are used to!

This is getting too simple!

What I wanted to say is, of course, that I love your detailed shop interiors, etc. and that I miss them this time.

But, ok, I'll keep watching. No offense!

(I'm lousy at interiors. This could be my post :grin: )

... well, so this is the second weirdish addition to this post ...

But I'll leave it in.

Brick on!

:laugh: That's okay 'Captain'.......I was building this as a simple design others could copy if they like......funny I was thinking of making a few little changes mainly on the outside.....keep watching for the wheels turn slowly in my head ! :grin:

Lovely little Post Office! Personally I think the interior is just fine... Also 333rd post!

Edited by Xcod119

Ah, what do you mean ? :look:

They are from Australia, you are from Australia. Perhaps it was a term of endearment. Is it representative of a general Australian Post Office, something that someone from Australia would find instantly familiar? I don't know...

I did want to say though, that Port Belair is quickly becoming a place that exists in my Lego consciousness, and thus, I imagine it is now also a place that rests on my Lego world map somewhere. If I was a minifig I would definitely pay it a visit...

^ Looks like warsch beat me to the punch.

Edited by notaromantic

So for those not familiar with Aus Post outlets here's the picture:

1389041532540.jpg

See the red horisontal lines & the curved shape letterbox top.

So for those not familiar with Aus Post outlets here's the picture:

1389041532540.jpg

See the red horisontal lines & the curved shape letterbox top.

You are new aren't you........gee this MOC is post office number seven or eight or maybe nine now. :laugh:

2015_australia_post_office_989.jpg

I'll try and have another new update soon. :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Really close to reality!

Cool, our post offices are yellow... and you can find them by looking for the longest queue :laugh:

You're right.....yellow in Germany.....

Postbank400.jpg

It might nice to see other people try their hand at post office building ? :wink:

I'm still working on the final detailing of this Lego City post office.......keep watching ! :blush:

The citizens of Port Belair (and other places) are lucking, they are still have a post office. Here in Denmark our post offices are being closed and then replaced by "post shops" in supermarkets. Your post office is a modern version of the 6689 Post Station.

They are from Australia, you are from Australia. Perhaps it was a term of endearment. Is it representative of a general Australian Post Office, something that someone from Australia would find instantly familiar? I don't know...

I did want to say though, that Port Belair is quickly becoming a place that exists in my Lego consciousness, and thus, I imagine it is now also a place that rests on my Lego world map somewhere. If I was a minifig I would definitely pay it a visit...

^ Looks like warsch beat me to the punch.

Actually LT's general style makes it very easy to pick up on where he is from. Flat roofed single story mainly white buildings that clearly communicate that the architects and urban planners have heard of this thing called "inclement weather" but have never actually experienced it first hand beyond "more hot and dry".

I have a pitched roof on my house.......I live 10 km's roughly from the CBD.....so I generally design around things I've seen either places I have visited or images I have seen on the net.

It's interesting to find out from 'Iaka' that post offices are moving into supermarkets......very Yankie indeed ! :laugh:

I'm currently planning an ATM to go with this.....a bit tricky......balancing a three wide ATM on a four wide space that doesn't look out of place ! :blush: (Lego Post is aligned with City Bank)

Keep watching ! :grin:

That is a nice MOC.

Thank you.

Now an update......

2015_post_office_96.jpg

2015_post_office_95.jpg2015_post_office_97.jpg

I need to design a sticker for the ATM screen, etc., so keep watching ! :wink:

Charming, Lightningtiger.

I'll keep watching.

Thanks 'gongoro73', I must admit the ATM was difficult to build fitting a three wide ATM in a four wide wall.

Sign and ATM stickers I'll design tomorrow,,,,,,keep watching ! :wink: