just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Grievous definitely has a stronger presence (IMO) due to his height, four arms, and striking color scheme.

Edited by Mesonak

Grievous looks great, I am going to feel bad when I take him apart for his tan. I think Vader looks awful in general.

So Grievous is fantastic. Just got him today. The size is still impressive despite having seen how large he is from pictures. The tan is great, and that head sculpt. Of all specialized Lego pieces, Grievous' head is the winner. It's lovely.

But the one little unexpected thing that's the icing on the cake: the shoulders. How I adore these shoulders. The ability to move the shoulder assembly forward and back is such an expressive bit of pose-ability. Putting his shoulders forward, arms connected and folded behind his back is one of my favorite poses I've put him in (oh, if only he had a cape). Then, just move his shoulders back, split his arms, give him his lightsabers, and he's ready for battle.

Yeah, this is the figure to get. I love it.

Grievous is without a doubt the best of the wave. Even with the ridiculous SW markup, I'm planning to get him.

Yeah, Grievous looks like he's a must have for any constraction fan. Even if you don't like his build (and from what I read I think you'd be the first one), those parts are just too good to pass up.

I'd say Grievous, Obi-Wan and Vader are all must-haves for various reasons. Grievous for its amazing build and intimidating appearance, Obi-Wan for its amazing appearance and so that Grievous and he can fight, and Vader because of his really cool custom torso build and because, well, he's Darth Vader.

I cannot help myself, Grievous is my favourite PT character and seeing that he turned out so great as a Constraction fig just makes me want him more. I'm a little bit sceptical beacuse the upper part of the torso is very gappy and doesn't look accurate, but other than this he is one awesome, intimidating CCBS beast. Darth vader is great as well, IMO the 2 bigger figs are the best.

I don't know about the other countries, but the SW Constraction sets seem to be hugely popular in France : on the s@h, Vader, Grievous, Cody and Jango are out of stock, and moreover, they're the only Force Friday sets to be out of stock (besides the X-Wing but it might be related to a canopy problem). It's also interesting to note that the two "lesser popular" sets of the wave are specifically those with a human head. I wonder if it's related or if it's just a coincidence...

I don't know about the other countries, but the SW Constraction sets seem to be hugely popular in France : on the s@h, Vader, Grievous, Cody and Jango are out of stock, and moreover, they're the only Force Friday sets to be out of stock (besides the X-Wing but it might be related to a canopy problem). It's also interesting to note that the two "lesser popular" sets of the wave are specifically those with a human head. I wonder if it's related or if it's just a coincidence...

I mean Luke and Obi-Wan.

>yet another "is not real lego" post

>implying lego star wars isn't a cash cow anyway

Anyway, I got hold of Commander Cody on Saturday on a whim. Wasn't planning on buying him, but now I don't really know why I was holding off. He's pretty great, and includes some superb pieces, including a couple of unusual Technic pieces used in his gun. The back armour is neat, but the gappiness around it is really offputting - the white torso armour's contrast against the black torso beam does not help that at all. Oh, and to finally get 4M shells in white from LEGO themselves is very nice indeed.

Also, don't know if anybody else noticed, but his head is rather heavy in comparison to other head pieces of this kind.

>yet another "is not real lego" post

>implying lego star wars isn't a cash cow anyway

Anyway, I got hold of Commander Cody on Saturday on a whim. Wasn't planning on buying him, but now I don't really know why I was holding off. He's pretty great, and includes some superb pieces, including a couple of unusual Technic pieces used in his gun. The back armour is neat, but the gappiness around it is really offputting - the white torso armour's contrast against the black torso beam does not help that at all. Oh, and to finally get 4M shells in white from LEGO themselves is very nice indeed.

Also, don't know if anybody else noticed, but his head is rather heavy in comparison to other head pieces of this kind.

Yeah. To me, most of the desirable pieces on Cody are pieces that will be available on the First Order Stormtrooper (white 4M shells, white SW shin shells) or pieces in colors I don't use (the shoulderpads). I'm holding out for the Stormie and choosing him over Cody for those reasons.

If you have issues with black bones contrasting with white shells, have you tried using dark bley bones? They aren't available in all colors yet, but I find they they work better with light colors like white and orange.

I was referring to the torso bone. I can't swap that thing's colour.

Oops, I had meant to say 'Not all pieces are available in this color yet' instead of 'They aren't available in all colors yet'. The torso bone is one such piece along with the 9M and 7M A-Bones.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

I was referring to the torso bone. I can't swap that thing's colour.

It might look ridiculous if all the other bones are black or dark bley, but what about orange ? Don't you have Fire Lord ?

There's only the one kind of bone in orange in Fire Lord, and it's that really long one with the hingeball - a bone that isn't used in Cody at all.

There's only the one kind of bone in orange in Fire Lord, and it's that really long one with the hingeball - a bone that isn't used in Cody at all.

I think Leewan was referring to the orange torso skeleton.