just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Seeing as we'd likely be getting a Jedi or another Lightsaber wielding character, do you think we'll see gearboxes on these?

I would love to see a gearbox on some of them, it would be a neat excuse to include it. But on the flipside, would you really want to see unused ball joints on such figures? It would look even more out of place.

Anyway, I find it interesting but perhaps not surprising that the rumour is going down well with Constraction fans but met rather more negatively in the System Star Wars fan community. Not that it matters I guess, you can't please everybody :-)

At least I can assume that these will make better and more accurate action figures than the Technic ones ever did. And if this is true, I will bet that at least one droid will be done and will probably translate better into the CCBS system than humans and aliens, especially ones that normally do not wear armour.

Anyway, I find it interesting but perhaps not surprising that the rumour is going down well with Constraction fans but met rather more negatively in the System Star Wars fan community. Not that it matters I guess, you can't please everybody :-)

Of course they are! If it hasn't got minifigs, it's obviously SATAN

Of course they are! If it hasn't got minifigs, it's obviously SATAN

Correct. :devil:

Seriously: what's so good about these sets? They look horrible!

(I must admit I'm a Star Wars collector; not a Lego collector. Only reason I buy Lego System sets it's because it's Star Wars. To me, these things are the same as the 12 inch Star Wars dolls from the late 70s and mid 90s: not compatible with all the vehicles/playsets. But I guess if you're a MOCer (which I am not) they're great for parts? Anyhoo.....it saves me $ (the release of Episode VII wil be expensive enough regarding merchandise)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

I'm really surprised by this news, given the prices, I wonder how the sets will look like, and whoch characters will we get. I think Darth Vader is a safe bet. Yoda would be cool, he could be an olive green and tan Ekimu. :tongue:

We'll certainly have a Clone and/or a Stormtrooper, too.

Technic ≠ CCBS.

Yes, Technic Star Wars sets are quite ugly (although the battle droid doesn't look that bad), but I think CCBS is great for SW actions figures :the characters created for the CUUSOO /Ideas project are much better than those old Technic sets from 15 (?) years ago.

Edited by Leewan

Correct. :devil:

(I must admit I'm a Star Wars collector; not a Lego collector. Only reason I buy Lego System sets it's because it's Star Wars. To me, these things are the same as the 12 inch Star Wars dolls from the late 70s and mid 90s: not compatible with all the vehicles/playsets. But I guess if you're a MOCer (which I am not) they're great for parts? Anyhoo.....it saves me $ (the release of Episode VII wil be expensive enough regarding merchandise)

CCBS will have unique heads and great pose-ability. As well as new parts... Like blasters :)

Unfortunately due to our license, the LEGO Group is unable to produce Star Wars action figures, so we will not consider this project further.

Yeah...

And hey, that Technic Darth Vader was actually pretty cool.

Edited by Voxovan

Technic ≠ CCBS.

Yes, Technic Star Wars sets are quite ugly (although the battle droid doesn't look that bad), but I think CCBS is great for SW actions figures :the characters created for the CUUSOO /Ideas project are much better than those old Technic sets from 15 (?) years ago.

Ah, so it's likely they'll be like the Cuusoo ones....a while ago there were bootlegs that looked like these.

Still not my cup 'o tea....but great for MOCers due to all those unique parts (Helmets etc)

Ops, didn't realise my comment would open a can of worms. But anyway, different things excite different people, and that's fine. I must admit I'm not particularly fond of the old Technic sets either.

I'm looking at the news with 70% "these will offer brilliant new moulds as recolours for my MOC's!", 25% "now I can have Star Wars beside Bionicles, that will be cool to see" and 5% "I'm sceptical as to how they'll achieve their look without them looking too creepy, especially any humans they might do". So mostly positive from me then :-)

And I don't know why, but I have a sudden craving to MOC a Droideka out of CCBS...

Hey guys, I actually already have Vader.

http://www.brickshel...mf6cyaekkqo.jpg

Yes, the boot leg brand that makes the Chima and Super Hero constraction bootlegs also has Star Wars sets. It was always fishy to me because the sets seemed well-done. Almost as if they were ideas that Lego had, but eventually didn't do for whatever reason and then were leaked by someone to the bootleg brand to produce. That or the bootleg brand has talented designers.

The bootlegs I could see so far are: Darth Vader, C3PO, Storm trooper and Boba Fet.

Edit: OOOOH, so the boot leg brand actually stole the designs from the Lego Ideas project. They are really terrible.

Edited by vexorian

Hey guys, I actually already have Vader.

http://www.brickshel...mf6cyaekkqo.jpg

Yes, the boot leg brand that makes the Chima and Super Hero constraction bootlegs also has Star Wars sets. It was always fishy to me because the sets seemed well-done. Almost as if they were ideas that Lego had, but eventually didn't do for whatever reason and then were leaked by someone to the bootleg brand to produce. That or the bootleg brand has talented designers.

The bootlegs I could see so far are: Darth Vader, C3PO, Storm trooper and Boba Fet.

They are based off a rejected Cuusoo project that was archived early by Lego because they had licensing issues in getting them made, as Hasbro owns the license for all 'action figure' Star Wars merchandise. That was the main issue with getting these made before, and it is the main challenge Lego must have overcome if this news is true.

The licensing issue is also the reason that the Hoth board game was never released in the US and Lego is no longer able to sell figure packs, because both conflicted with Hasbro's license.

They are based off a rejected Cuusoo project that was archived early by Lego because they had licensing issues in getting them made, as Hasbro owns the license for all 'action figure' Star Wars merchandise. That was the main issue with getting these made before, and it is the main challenge Lego must have overcome if this news is true.

The licensing issue is also the reason that the Hoth board game was never released in the US and Lego is no longer able to sell figure packs, because both conflicted with Hasbro's license.

That could have changed recently. Disney moved its entire princess line to Hasbro the end of last year. Thirty percent of hasbro's revenue comes from Disney products and it seems Disney was able to privately kill hasbro's attempts to buy dreamworks.

That puts Disney in a pretty strong position to negotiate. And they are going to want to maximize products for Star Wars. So if this construction line doesn't directly compete with a Hasbro product some allowances could have been made.

I think it's reasonable to believe with Disney now owning the Star Wars franchise that we would eventually see changes in operation.

Edited by Darth Punk

That could have changed recently. Disney moved its entire princess line to Hasbro the end of last year. Thirty percent of hasbro's revenue comes from Disney products and it seems Disney was able to privately kill hasbro's attempts to buy dreamworks.

That puts Disney in a pretty strong position to negotiate. And they are going to want to maximize products for Star Wars. So if this construction line doesn't directly compete with a Hasbro product some allowances could have been made.

I think it's reasonable to believe with Disney now owning the Star Wars franchise that we would eventually see changes in operation.

What you're saying is that Disney is pushing them to make these? Perhaps they might be doing this in light of Bionicle's return and asking Lego 'hey, make these award-winning toys but of Star Wars characters'.

What you're saying is that Disney is pushing them to make these? Perhaps they might be doing this in light of Bionicle's return and asking Lego 'hey, make these award-winning toys but of Star Wars characters'.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be Disney pushing TLG, might just be something they both want to do. Disney might be pushing Hasbro in order to make it happen. Although handing over their entire princess line probably would make Hasbro open to making changes in other areas.

So what we can wait from these, aside from the obvious headpiece that can't really be used on anywhere else without looking out of place than in the set itself of course. One of my main problems with the ultrabuilds, was that the neck connection was also placed horribly.

Could these sets be the reason why the Skullguys of summer had such a poor budget? That they are making many of these SW ultrabuild parts possibly also Bionicle 2016 in mind?

I wouldn't bet that we will get any Jedis.

I can see them Making Grievious, and Darth Vader. Boba was already confirmed.

Dunno about the rest. Stormtrooper is also a high guess.

Ther had better be a Grievous, if they're taking the constraction route. I'd LOVE to see some new molds for his armor and face. It's a really cool aesthetic that could really spice up MOCs

So what we can wait from these, aside from the obvious headpiece that can't really be used on anywhere else without looking out of place than in the set itself of course. One of my main problems with the ultrabuilds, was that the neck connection was also placed horribly.

Could these sets be the reason why the Skullguys of summer had such a poor budget? That they are making many of these SW ultrabuild parts possibly also Bionicle 2016 in mind?

I wouldn't bet that we will get any Jedis.

I can see them Making Grievious, and Darth Vader. Boba was already confirmed.

Dunno about the rest. Stormtrooper is also a high guess.

Why not? Lego doesn't think like us - they won't make sets based on how well they'd translate to construction (i.e. robotic aesthetics like Grievous and Vader) but by how popular the characters are. I'm sure we'll see Jedi.

October, according to Promobricks.

But since there will be Boba Fett, I doubt these will be TFA characters.

Thanks! That means we probably won't see them at NYTF, though, which is a pity.

Ther had better be a Grievous, if they're taking the constraction route. I'd LOVE to see some new molds for his armor and face. It's a really cool aesthetic that could really spice up MOCs

Looks like you got your wish:

Hero Factory like action figures:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)

Darth Vader

Jango Fett

Commander Cody

Clone Wars Obi-Wan

General Grieveous (really impressive and big!)

Source: http://news.toyark.com/2015/01/29/news-nuremberg-toy-fair-149032

Looks like you got your wish:

Hero Factory like action figures:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi)

Darth Vader

Jango Fett

Commander Cody

Clone Wars Obi-Wan

General Grieveous (really impressive and big!)

Source: http://news.toyark.c...toy-fair-149032

Well my guess on not including Jedis was that they are harder to make organic enough with CCBS.

Glad I was wrong. More capes is always for the best. Possibly not picking any of these expect for possibly Grievious.

3 good guys and 3 vilains (I'm extremely ignorant about Star Wars so forgive me if this is wrong). Not surprising really. I just hope the Jedi have useful pieces (more dark tan thanks).

Grievous sounds like he's a "titan", I wonder if there's another big set or the others are average sized?